Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Fotu Leiato

PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
I don't know whether he is worthy of a scholarship offer to UW. I'll let Petermen decide that.

But holy shit. This kid is fast, athletic, loves contact, a bit undersized and may end up at a smaller school, so Bobby Wagner (utah state) comparisons are hard to resist. Watch him destroy some of these kids in the first few clips.

Video Highlights: hudl.com/athlete/1487608/highlights/170695375 (Watch him run down the RB at the 5:47 mark).

Comments

• Options
    DoogieMcDoogersonDoogieMcDoogerson Member Posts: 2,482
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    That is quite a reel. You don't learn to hit like that, you are born to hit like that. Definitely worth a look from Petermen.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    He gets the Damoan "I hate people" stamp of approval.
    I wonder how long he's been at Stilly. They like Lakes have to deal with military families coming and going.
  • Options
    79smoothdawg79smoothdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 710
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    He looks to hurt people on hits. interesting ability. Anyone know his size?
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Coog farm has been hyping this guy up recently. They're currently his only P5 offer but it sounds like UW is starting to get more interested.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,476
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2014
    Um. Offer. Kid. Now.

Looks like a fucking football player to me. He absolutely murders people, never stops murdering people until the whistle is blown. Homie is a stone cold serial killer.

If he's undersized, fuck it, that's the kind of kid it's better to have on your scout team than on the field for the coogs.
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    edited December 2014
    Doogles said:

Um. Offer. Kid. Now.

Looks like a fucking football player to me. He absolutely murders people, never stops murdering people until the whistle is blown. Homie is a stone cold serial killer.

If he's undersized, fuck it, that's the kind of kid it's better to have on your scout team than on the field for the coogs.

Yah, it's weird. I don't know if we should offer this kid (again, I think Petermen deserves the benefit of the doubt on recruiting until he screws up like previous UW coaches).

However, I DO know that I would hate to see this kid go elsewhere. You see him with the football and it's obvious that has quick moves AND is very fast. And of course, on defense he removes teeth with his hits.
  • Options
    HuskyInAZHuskyInAZ Member Posts: 1,732
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment
    No doubt, the video looks like he's the second coming of Troy Polamalu. But the competition is the likes of Fife, Yelm, Orting, etc.

He may prove to be a monster at the D1 level, but 2A SPSL is a LONG way from D1 football.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    HuskyInAZ said:

No doubt, the video looks like he's the second coming of Troy Polamalu. But the competition is the likes of Fife, Yelm, Orting, etc.

He may prove to be a monster at the D1 level, but 2A SPSL is a LONG way from D1 football.

The old Nisqually league was very competitive for what it was, when Eatonville was in it and Orting was better. Now, not so much.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Doogles said:

Um. Offer. Kid. Now.

I agree. I bet he gets an offer. At the least this kid is a special teams killer. His film just got out so he's only blowing up now.
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,742
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Put him at gunner, cue metal.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    HuskyInAZ said:

That's a great call on Polamalu ... he just seems to have this unique timing to blow up plays and time snap counts.

I don't care what level of football you're playing, hitting the way that he hits isn't something that is taught. It's very instinctual.

The other thing with a player like this is that not only can you tell that he loves to play the game, but his work rate and energy level is extremely high. These are the kind of kids that put in the work, show massive developmental growth, and become the 2-star kind of guys that 4-5 years later you look at and see drafted in the NFL.

I'd love to get him in as a preferred walk-on, but that probably won't cut it. I believe that the numbers are getting really short at the moment so I don't know if we can get him. Wherever he goes, I would bet on him being a good one.
  • Options
    PurpleReignPurpleReign Member Posts: 5,457
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    He is undersized and average speed, but what he is is a football player. You can't teach the instincts he has.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The only problem is he is listed at 6'0" 200 which means he is really 5'10" 185. This is the hard part of evaluating for the coaches. There is no time to get him in camp and see if he can play safety. If he has to play LB, you have to make sure he has the frame to get to at least 215 without losing his speed and quickness.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Ah, but does he have the academis necessary to get into Washington?
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    Kid looks like a man. Passes my pre pubescent test that Nick Montana, Max Browne and countless others have failed. I'm no Hugh Millen but one of my criteria is that the recruit looks like he's 25 rather than 15.
  • Options
    BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    UCLA just offered him as well according to Huffman.
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

I'm not saying Petersen is slow to offer, but a sloth could run a marathon before Petersen does his background checks with the FBI. Just what I am hearing, don't twist.
  • Options
    steelheader2steelheader2 Member Posts: 367
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper Photogenic
    Polamalu or Ikaika Malloe. I will let Peterman decide.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

That pretty much cements that this is a legit prospect. It's hard to watch that film and not be very, very impressed. It's crazy how many guys get overlooked. This guy was basically a Big Sky recruit until coaches saw his highlight film that just recently came out. He's blown up the last two weeks.