Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Dejounte Murray Had 52 Against Franklin Tonight

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    I went to the Eastside Catholic @ Lakeside game tonight ... there were some interesting people watching going on there.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Franklin has really fallen off since the Overton/Siva days. And the one good player they had coming up, Keith Smith, transferred to Beach. He looks like he could be the next star player at Beach.

Nice to hear Murray take over. He didn't even have to try against Ingraham last week. He looked bored after the refs called him for a tech after an alley oop dunk.
  • Options
    HS refs are for the most part horrible and terribly inconsistent.
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

HS refs are for the most part horrible and terribly inconsistent.

He kept his composure, despite the dumb call. It was like the scene in Semi-Pro where the ref doesn't know what to call after seeing an alley-oop for the first time.

I think they were worried about the feelings of the Ingraham players... #Obama'sAmerica
  • Options
    HuskyHalfBrainHuskyHalfBrain Member Posts: 1,160
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

I went to the Eastside Catholic @ Lakeside game tonight ... there were some interesting people watching going on there.

I didn't know Lakeside had a basketball team, JK.

I haven't been back to the school since I graduated and I'm sure their new Paul Allen Athletics Center is more than nice, but I miss my time as a teen in Ackerley Athletics Center.

It was a shithole of a gym but it was different and I got dunked on by Nate Robinson and Stewart twins many nights there.

But back to the topic, Dejounte Murray hype is real.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Murray is the real deal. His game is so smooth.
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Franklin may be shitty but its fucking Franklin. Its not like he put up 52 against one of the worst teams in Seattle.
  • Options

Franklin may be shitty but its fucking Franklin. Its not like he put up 52 against one of the worst teams in Seattle.

Agreed.

I was mostly lamenting the fact that that rivalry is as dead as UW/Oregon.
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Putting up 52 in a High School game is not easy. The guy is the real deal as others have said. Also, Keith Smith had a good game for Beach as well. Seems like UW has a good chance of landing him next year.

It really is amazing the progress for basketball right now. UW has been recruiting lights out for the last year and a half, and now it appears the basketball team might actually be pretty good, which should only help recruiting going forward. IF somehow NWG and Upshaw return next year (VERY doubtful, imo) this could be a great team.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Putting up 52 in a High School game is not easy. The guy is the real deal as others have said. Also, Keith Smith had a good game for Beach as well. Seems like UW has a good chance of landing him next year.

It really is amazing the progress for basketball right now. UW has been recruiting lights out for the last year and a half, and now it appears the basketball team might actually be pretty good, which should only help recruiting going forward. IF somehow NWG and Upshaw return next year (VERY doubtful, imo) this could be a great team.

Completely agree, but I don't like the chances of NWG or Upshaw returning. NWG wanted to go pro last year and Upshaw's stock is only going to rise if he keeps playing like he has.

We will see what Romar can do with it, but the future is bright. The in state talent is very, very good the next couple of years.

I think Murray will be the best wing on the team and possibly even the best player on the team as a freshman.
  • Options

Completely agree, but I don't like the chances of NWG or Upshaw returning. NWG wanted to go pro last year and Upshaw's stock is only going to rise if he keeps playing like he has.

We will see what Romar can do with it, but the future is bright. The in state talent is very, very good the next couple of years.

I think Murray will be the best wing on the team and possibly even the best player on the team as a freshman.
    Upshaw probably won't stick around. No reason to with his size because skillful size is the most valuable commodity in basketball.

NWG is more of a coin toss to me. I agree that he will probably leave - not sure if it makes sense for him to do so though. I don't see elite athleticism with him at this point and as such I don't think he'll be a lottery pick. His best shot at a lengthy NBA career IMO is to continue to become more refined as a player and be able to offset any lack of athletic ability he has with a higher basketball IQ. Not sure he gets that being buried on the bench of a NBA team.
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    Yeah, Like I said, I think it is doubtful both return. But if somehow they did decide to it could be interesting, or not.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    Founders Club
    When that Noah-led Florida team all returned after winning the championship, I want that.
  • Options
    Gladstone said:

When that Noah-led Florida team all returned after winning the championship, I want that.

These players aren't RBs with a short shelf life to cash in on ASAP. If they're worth a damn, they'll make plenty of money playing pro basketball.