Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Skinny Eason

RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam
Has anyone watched his junior tape? I can see why he is so highly thought of. 32 TD's and only 3 INT's his junior year. He's not a runner, but he is fairly mobile. He's not a statue at all. Check out the throw at 1:50. He makes another at 2:22. Starting around 4:00, he starts throwing short and intermediate routes.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2018903/highlights/207810392

Comments

• Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited December 2014
    I don't think it's controversial to say he's awesome. I'm intrigued by the idea of him in Pete's system and I think we have a good shot at him.

I have no idea what the future holds, but he looks almost exactly like Bledsoe (more mobile, though) and I wouldn't doubt he could come in and start immediately if it were necessary. I've been watching HS football a long time and you just never see footage like that.

The guy is one of the best QB prospects I've ever seen.

I'm hoping we can turn him around.

I think I will wait to hear what Hugh Millen says.

I'm thinking he's cerebral enough for Hugh.
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,161
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Wesco isn't exactly a TUFF place to play
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Wesco isn't exactly a TUFF place to play

True, but it's better improved the last couple years.
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,460
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    He looks pretty good, why the fuck and how has he committed to Georgia this early?
  • DeltaBluesDeltaBlues Member Posts: 6
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Doogles said:

He looks pretty good, why the fuck and how has he committed to Georgia this early?

Well, according to Grizwald it's because we offered a few weeks too late. Mind you, I don't believe Eason had even started his Junior season at that point.
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,460
    Swaye's Wigwam

Doogles said:

Well, according to Grizwald it's because we offered a few weeks too late. Mind you, I don't believe Eason had even started his Junior season at that point.
    It's ok, as official Hardcore Husky master scout of the Northern California territory, i'm all in on the Brownie kid.
  • DeltaBluesDeltaBlues Member Posts: 6
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    But Brownie is a 2015 kid and Eason is 2016. Wouldn't you want to get Eason for the 2016 class?
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Doogles said:

Of course you want a talent like that, but If Brownie is as good as I hope Eason won't see the field until he's a Senior year.

In all honesty, I'm a little jaded when it comes to QB recruiting. We currently have 4 4-star kids on the roster, 1 of which was the us army all-american game mvp, and our QB play this year was dawg shit. Too much blame when it goes wrong, too much praise when it goes right, yada yada yada.

It's hard to predict who has the mental aspect on lock when the stadium is full, the defense is swarming, and the windows are tight. They all look good, until they don't. We witnessed complete brainlock this year, and i nearly killed myself every saturday as a result. I guess I just backtracked on everything i previously said and no longer give a fuck who we sign.

Agree. They were all good in high school. Miles won the MVP of an All American game. Lindquist was a beast for Mercer Island. Troy Williams was a really big deal in LA. I watched a high school sports report show down here that said Williams was the best public school LA kid in a long time. It's a whole different ball game in college. It remains to be seen if Eason has the mental capacity and toughness to be a great college QB. Same goes for Browning.

That's why I'm not as bullish on Browning as some here, although I like him a lot. He's a great high school QB, but who gives a fuck? He's going to have a lot of competition to win the job. Before Browning, Maty Mauck (Missouri's QB) was destroying the record books. While Mauck is decent for Missouri, he's not setting college football on fire either.

That said, Eason's physical talent jumps out after watching a minute or two. It's easy to see why elite schools covet him and the expert TBSers drool (I'm trying to be appropriate on this board) over him.
    Doogles said:

I guess I just backtracked on everything i previously said and no longer give a fuck who we sign.

You hit the nail on the head here.

Even though I'm on the #jakebrowningsucks bandwagon, and I'm on the #teamskinny whatever for next year and I'd rather have had #rossbowers this year... I also DGAF who we sign, because I have some confidence that Pete knows what he's doing.

Also, no matter how awesome you think a guy is... even if Jake Browning is John Elway II, you ALWAYS have to get a guy this year and next year. Browning may be amazing, but he could also have a degenerative back issues #hicolin or he could be paralyzed in an accident or whatever.

You get as many talented players on the roster as possible and you sort it out after that. I want Browning, Skinny and whomever else we think is the top player.

All that said, I love Skinny. The kid is unreal.
  • CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    The coaches actually made Cyler Miles an average to above average (by stats) quarterback this year. That speaks volumes to me about their ability to get the most out of their QB's.
  • doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper

Doogles said:

Of course you want a talent like that, but If Brownie is as good as I hope Eason won't see the field until he's a Senior year.

In all honesty, I'm a little jaded when it comes to QB recruiting. We currently have 4 4-star kids on the roster, 1 of which was the us army all-american game mvp, and our QB play this year was dawg shit. Too much blame when it goes wrong, too much praise when it goes right, yada yada yada.

It's hard to predict who has the mental aspect on lock when the stadium is full, the defense is swarming, and the windows are tight. They all look good, until they don't. We witnessed complete brainlock this year, and i nearly killed myself every saturday as a result. I guess I just backtracked on everything i previously said and no longer give a fuck who we sign.

Agree. They were all good in high school. Miles won the MVP of an All American game. Lindquist was a beast for Mercer Island. Troy Williams was a really big deal in LA. I watched a high school sports report show down here that said Williams was the best public school LA kid in a long time. It's a whole different ball game in college. It remains to be seen if Eason has the mental capacity and toughness to be a great college QB. Same goes for Browning.

That's why I'm not as bullish on Browning as some here, although I like him a lot. He's a great high school QB, but who gives a fuck? He's going to have a lot of competition to win the job. Before Browning, Maty Mauck (Missouri's QB) was destroying the record books. While Mauck is decent for Missouri, he's not setting college football on fire either.

That said, Eason's physical talent jumps out after watching a minute or two. It's easy to see why elite schools covet him and the expert TBSers drool (I'm trying to be appropriate on this board) over him.
    Yet you can win ten games in the SEC with MM. Considering what we had this year, I'd say that Browning starts if he's that good. It's not a high bar, yeah?
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    Swaye's Wigwam

The coaches actually made Cyler Miles an average to above average (by stats) quarterback this year. That speaks volumes to me about their ability to get the most out of their QB's.

Really? I didn't think Miles looked any different from 2013. If anything, he looked worse. I don't think Miles is good, but I wouldn't say the coaches worked any miracle with him either.
  • CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Yeah. Listen, I am not saying he is a great QB at all. But he played really limited snaps last year and he looked decent, he was greatly aided by an entirely different offensive group around him (STRING!, Kevin Smith, Sankey, ASJ).

His numbers for 2013 were: 37/61 60.7% 418 yards, 6.9ypa 4TD 2INT 133.3 Rating
    His numbers for 2014 were: 194/291 66.7% 2129 yards, 7.3ypa 16TD 3INT 144.2 Rating

Again, not great, but those are above average numbers. I fully admit he is not a good quarterback, just watch him throw the ball, watch when he throws the ball on the run, watch when he randomly just drops the ball, watch the lack of strength in his throws. We all see that, but I think for how limited he is he actually had some decent numbers.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

No they didn't.

He was easily a below average Pac12 QB this year.
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Doogles said:

Browning and Eason are in different leagues right now as college prospects. Browning is good, but out of our last five QB recruits, I consider him the worst. He's accurate, pretty mobile, and he puts up gaudy numbers in his Mike Leach offense, but he's not an elite prospect. He has a very low release that needs tweaking, hasn't demonstrated the ability to take anything more than a 3-step drop, and has average arm strength. Plus, who knows how his playing in a painfully simplified offense is going to translate to the college game. Eason on the other hand, is as elite as they come. Of course he has prototypical size, but beyond that he grades out excellently in arm strength, release/mechanics, accuracy, and he isn't hiding any deficiencies through a system offense. Kid is an absolute stud.

Well shit. This is more time than any grown man should spend talking about teenage boys.