Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Revisiting doogman idiocy

"I'm really starting to hate Chris Petersen. He should go coach at a church school where they care about their players being choirboys and not about winning."

This was the opinion of one moron over there after Marcus Peters was dismissed but similar sentiments were splattered all over that website by people who have never been in a locker room before. Well, according to draft reports today (on mobile, too lazy to link), Peters was given a second chance by Petersen after he TRIED TO STRANGLE A COACH. He was later dismissed from the team for TRYING TO STRANGLE A COACH AGAIN. Apparently "Sheriff Pete" doesn't believe in 3rd chances.

Comments

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Holy shit, now you kinda question CP for letting him back in the first place.
    http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/an-early-look-at-the-nfl-draft-b99403379z1-284999721.html
    Senior Marcus Peters (6-0, 198) of Washington is regarded as one of the most talented cornerbacks but also an enormous character risk. He has had several physical altercations with assistant coaches and was kicked off the team Nov. 5.

"He tried to strangle a coach on the sidelines," one scout said. "Then they let him back on the team and he did it all over again. Try selling that to your head coach."

• Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    That's edge though. Can't win with church recruits alone. Peters gave the locker room that edgy impact and now it's gone.

Thanks Petersen!
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Wow.

I kind of wonder what the fuck Peterman is thinking ...

I also wonder what the fuck the kid was getting away with under Ocho Sarko
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Maybe this explains why the team has played so much better and been more focused since Peters has left (minus the UCLA game which was immediately after it happened).

I think Peters probably had a pretty big influence in the locker room and it wouldn't surprise me if a lot of the players were sick of his act. He gets the boot and since that time it seems like the team has played at a higher level and with more unity. Petersen has even mentioned that he felt like the team has started to get it in practice and pre-game the last few weeks.
  • Options

Maybe this explains why the team has played so much better and been more focused since Peters has left (minus the UCLA game which was immediately after it happened).

I think Peters probably had a pretty big influence in the locker room and it wouldn't surprise me if a lot of the players were sick of his act. He gets the boot and since that time it seems like the team has played at a higher level and with more unity. Petersen has even mentioned that he felt like the team has started to get it in practice and pre-game the last few weeks.

Oregon State and WSU say hi.

I was all for booting Peters since he was out of control, but we would have plungered them with Peters too.
    Fair poont, and I agree with it, even thought of it when I was typing. But that also included the UA game too.

I think it is fair though to point out the relief that getting rid of a locker room cancer can have on a team. I think it might have been easier for some players to buy-in to the coaches once he was out of the room because the "cool" guy that is being a rebel isn't there anymore to give you shit for liking the coaches. My guess is Peters loafed in all aspects of the team (practice, film, school, etc.) and was probably even in the ears of those players that are trying hard telling them how much of a crock of shit the new coaches are.
  • Options
    Swaye said:

So addition by subtraction? Your thoughts are compelling. May I subscribe to your newsletter?
    That'll be $10.95. I accept interesting offers as well.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Oregon State and WSU say hi.

I was all for booting Peters since he was out of control, but we would have plungered them with Peters too.
    Fair poont, and I agree with it, even thought of it when I was typing. But that also included the UA game too.

I think it is fair though to point out the relief that getting rid of a locker room cancer can have on a team. I think it might have been easier for some players to buy-in to the coaches once he was out of the room because the "cool" guy that is being a rebel isn't there anymore to give you shit for liking the coaches. My guess is Peters loafed in all aspects of the team (practice, film, school, etc.) and was probably even in the ears of those players that are trying hard telling them how much of a crock of shit the new coaches are.
    That's a lot of guessing. There's also no reason to think Peters particularly had it out for the new staff, as he was suspended under the old one as well. Who knows if Peters leaving helped the team, but you certainly can't draw any conclusions from four games when those four games had a healthy mix of us getting plungered and us plungering the drecks of the conference.
  • Options
    MrsPetersenMrsPetersen Member Posts: 724
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper First Comment
    If he strangled Jonathan Smith it would have been okay imho.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,379
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I think we would all strangle P J Carlissimo
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,475
    Swaye's Wigwam
    People are sheep. They'll follow the loud, for better or worse. Wouldn't surprise me at all if Peters had a decent stranglehold of the locker room, especially the younger secondary guys.

A talented, boisterous kid from Oakland, lured to the northwest by a past regime, and assured millions in months is not going to give a fuck about the team/program and its best long term interests.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I was right. I told you tards he psychically attacked a coach. You never remember when I am right.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,475
    Swaye's Wigwam

If he strangled Jonathan Smith it would have been okay imho.

@Dennis_DeYoung‌ true?