Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Tate Martell to UNLV?
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,859
    Gerry Faust me.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    And Baby Snoopaloop too?
  • Options
    priapismpriapism Member Posts: 2,036
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    If your child is a superstar FB player, Bishop-Gorman High would like to give you a job and might allow your son to attend their school ;)...

(Female AD.)
    This hire is a fuctarded disaster - might be a cheap hire tho. Maybe UNLV found a way to make their program profitable, by not paying legit $ for coaches.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Don't know enough about this guy to know whether he's worth a shit or not ...

But for anybody that questions HS coaches being successful in college football, Gus Malzahn says hello
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,741
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Art Briles says hello.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

Art Briles says hello.

Never heard of him

• Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,054
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    When you're irrelevant (hi der golve) you may as well swing for the fences. At least they aren't letting everyone know they don't give a single fuck about football by considering Jeff Tedford.
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,183
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I don't know anything about the coach, but I like the move. UNLV is a shit school that has had two winning seasons since 2000. Thinking outside the box should be applauded. The worst that can happen is the coach sucks and your fire him in three years. That is probably what would have happened making a conventional hire. You might as well take a risk.
  • Options
    KoolAidManKoolAidMan Member Posts: 319
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Testing 1
    Wasn't Orgeron and some other USC assistant (Wilcox, Martin?) candidates for this job as well?
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,377
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Anu Solomon is from Bishop Gorman
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Bishop Gorman has been a powerhouse in Nevada, for whatever that's worth. They've won six of the last seven state football championships. Either way, it should be an interesting hire
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Would people bitch this much if bellevue's coach got a shot somewhere? It's not like they hired him at somewhere with a long history of winning. As roaddawg said, wtf is there to lose? More games? you're already doing that.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

Would people bitch this much if bellevue's coach got a shot somewhere? It's not like they hired him at somewhere with a long history of winning. As roaddawg said, wtf is there to lose? More games? you're already doing that.

I'd be bitching if Goncharoff was hired at UW as more than a few dmc poasters were clambering for.
  • Options
    BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2014

I don't know anything about the coach, but I like the move. UNLV is a shit school that has had two winning seasons since 2000. Thinking outside the box should be applauded. The worst that can happen is the coach sucks and your fire him in three years. That is probably what would have happened making a conventional hire. You might as well take a risk.

I don't like the move because it's based on cronyism, not objectively good coaching

The Fertita brothers (UFC founders, big time Vegas promoters) are tied in with Sanchez. They built Fertita stadium at Gorman HS. Their kid plays for Gorman HS, he's an ND committ and I assume he may flip to unlv now. They are (have?) going to give a lot of money to UNLV and my guess is that they propped up Sanchez as their guy.

Gorman was the #1 team in the country this year, but they hold an overwhelming talent advantage due to resource and recruiting in Vegas which is really the reason for their dominance in Nevada.

I don't think Sanchez success is based on the same situation as Briles or Malzahns coming out of HS. As such, I don't see him succeeding at UNLV
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Obviously, this coach knows how to successfully recruit southern California.
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

I don't like the move because it's based on cronyism, not objectively good coaching

The Fertita brothers (UFC founders, big time Vegas promoters) are tied in with Sanchez. They built Fertita stadium at Gorman HS. Their kid plays for Gorman HS, he's an ND committ and I assume he may flip to unlv now. They are (have?) going to give a lot of money to UNLV and my guess is that they propped up Sanchez as their guy.

Gorman was the #1 team in the country this year, but they hold an overwhelming talent advantage due to resource and recruiting in Vegas which is really the reason for their dominance in Nevada.

I don't think Sanchez success is based on the same situation as Briles or Malzahns coming out of HS. As such, I don't see him succeeding at UNLV
    See, this is inside knowledge I don't have. If this guy has some coaching chops, it could be good for UNLV. If not, not.

• Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Is UNLV any better than a high school?