Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Huskies could be ranked come tomorrow

They aren't the best team I've seen, and they have some limitations offensively.
But after 6-7 years of the Huskies shitting the bed in non conference, this is refreshing to see

Comments

• Options
    H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    December rankings are special.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Gotta watch out for EWU next sunday though. They can score it
  • Options

dhdawg said:

Gotta watch out for EWU next sunday though. They can score it

Is Vernon Adams the PG?
    No idea but they beat Indiana on the road
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    H_D said:

Beating SDSU is huge. As long as the Aztecs stay good, a big OOC win like this is going to pay dividends come selection Sunday, and our whole conference gets a boost from it. The ranking obviously doesn't mean shit, but the win that potentially gets us there means a lot.
  • Options

H_D said:

Beating SDSU is huge. As long as the Aztecs stay good, a big OOC win like this is going to pay dividends come selection Sunday, and our whole conference gets a boost from it. The ranking obviously doesn't mean shit, but the win that potentially gets us there means a lot.
    Absolutely. And I caught a bit of them against Utah and Arizona, they struggle on offense at times.
    But they are in no way as bad as they played tonight. This will be at least a top 50 RPI win, with Utep also being a top 100 win probably
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited December 2014

H_D said:

i don't want to be "that guy" but this win actually means more than most. SDSU is a good team and should have quite a few good wins this year. Winning(and by winning i mean smoking) this team could become valuable if we're anywhere near the bubble in march. So while the ranking may not matter all that much, this was the game UW needed.
    No question, it's a huge win. As I said last night, this was probably the best non conference win we've had since New Mexico in the tournament. Romar just doesn't win games like this.
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    dnc said:

No question, it's a huge win. As I said last night, this was probably the best non conference win we've had since New Mexico in the tournament. Romar just doesn't win games like this.

To be fair, we don't often have ranked OOC teams at home either.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

dnc said:

To be fair, we don't often have ranked OOC teams at home either.
    True, but when we have we've struggled
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    #17 in the coach's poll, actually quite a bit higher than what I was expecting.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,475
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2014
    Roadie is correct. SDSU does not suck and the coaches ranking shows how much respect Steve Fisher's program gets nationally. That was a big win for Romar, and as long as we don't shit the bed in conference, will be a main reason we make the dance.
  • Options
    Anytime you beat a steve fisher coached team it's a big win. They went 31-5 last year, and while they may not be as good, their results show they're a good team still.
    I still think utep could also end up being a good win, despite their recent struggles
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Anyone saying SDSU sucks needs to shut the fuck up. They aren't Duke or Kentucky, but they have already beaten Utah, BYU, and Pitt this season. Their only loss before UW was a two point loss to Arizona.

It's amazing the ability of some to tear down when something good happens. Romar will catch plenty of flak from me regarding in game mgt or recruiting the last few years, but they put it together tonight and the team looks better than it has in years. No clue why people aren't starting to enjoy this team. They have some great players, as well as a much more enjoyable brand of ball to watch. Pressure defense, huge defender at the cup, and one maddening player on offense that makes you pull your hair out 3 or 4 possessions in a row only to watch in amazement at the ONIONS when he makes a few deep balls.

• Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,581
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

#17 in the coach's poll, actually quite a bit higher than what I was expecting.

And still behind SDSU....
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,861
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Given some of the disappointments over the last few years, it's still LIPO time.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Given some of the disappointments over the last few years, it's still LIPO time.

Of course, but it's already obvious this is a much improved team.
  • Options

It's going to be LIPO mode until they play Oklahoma
    But by this time the huskies are usually 5-2 and we're in TSIO mode, so it's a pleasant surprise