Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Official UW vs. Okie ST Cactus Bowl Game Thread

Comments

• Options
    IrishDawg22IrishDawg22 Member Posts: 2,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I think Damone's game prediction post is going to be epic on Orangepower.

@MikeDamone‌ You better bring you A game, because trolling the last week of December is always special.
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    So who will be posting 5 reasons over at the Oregon State site?
  • Options
    CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Member Posts: 6,390
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary

I remember Thurman Thomas running all over Husky Stadium in the 1985 opener after the Sooner fans gave us a standing O at the Orange Bowl. Big loss

UW won at Stillwater a couple years earlier.

Do you remember who sang the national anthem that day? Extra points for the right answer.
    I was at that game but can't ANSWER THE QUESTION! It was the first or one of the first night games at Husky Stadium. Student section was more belligerently drunk than usual (there was time for two runs to the WA State liquor store on Roosevelt). I remember Thurman Thomas running up and down the field but not much else. Who was it?
  • Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,058
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

Total Defense 88
    Rush Defense 55
    Pass Eff D 101

cyler gonna make these guys look like the 84 bears.
  • Options
    TheCowboyWayTheCowboyWay Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited December 2014
    Oklahoma State fan here. OSU struggled a lot this year in large part because of injuries. We lost a lot to graduation as well last year which affected depth a whole lot. We lost our 2nd corner in the 2nd or 3rd game and all we had being him was a true freshman that played qb last year in high school. He started off rough but got a lot better as the year sent on but does still give up the big play. Our qb was lost for the season early on and we tried to save the redshirt on our true freshman and played a walk on instead. He had a concussion so we took the redshirt off the freshman who was a top 300 recruit last year. He played the last two games and if you go back and look you will see a marked difference in the performance of our offense when he came in. We are really excited about him. He is the future of the Cowboys. Our Dline is among the best on the main but we are thin at lb. Our online is attrosious but has done a little better with the new qb. Wr and rb are really gifted. We go about 7 deep at wr and I expect to see many of them go to the NFL. Special teams we have the fastest guy in the main. He would have been 6th in the us Olympic tryouts for the 100 meter dash. He is one of only give people that have gotten a touchdown on both a kickoff and punt return. We are excited about the game and look forward to playing you all. You are a better team then I expected us to draw.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,482
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Oklahoma State fan here. OSU struggled a lot this year in large part because of injuries. We lost a lot to graduation as well last year which affected depth a whole lot. We lost our 2nd corner in the 2nd or 3rd game and all we had being him was a true freshman that played qb last year in high school. He started off rough but got a lot better as the year sent on but does still give up the big play. Our qb was lost for the season early on and we tried to save the redshirt on our true freshman and played a walk on instead. He had a concussion so we took the redshirt off the freshman who was a top 300 recruit last year. He played the last two games and if you go back and look you will see a marked difference in the performance of our offense when he came in. We are really excited about him. He is the future of the Cowboys. Our Dline is among the best on the main but we are thin at lb. Our online is attrosious but has done a little better with the new qb. Wr and rb are really gifted. We go about 7 deep at wr and I expect to see many of them go to the NFL. Special teams we have the fastest guy in the main. He would have been 6th in the us Olympic tryouts for the 100 meter dash. He is one of only give people that have gotten a touchdown on both a kickoff and punt return. We are excited about the game and look forward to playing you all. You are a better team then I expected us to draw.

• Options
    IrishDawg22IrishDawg22 Member Posts: 2,754
    @TheCowboyWay‌ You should lurk around a bit and get a feel for the boards. If you have any questions feel free to shoot me a PM because I have this place dialed in.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,480
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    If Okie lite's O-line is as bad as we're hearing, this will be an incredible sendoff for Kikaha, Shelton, and the Hudsons.
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 19,002
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

I remember Thurman Thomas running all over Husky Stadium in the 1985 opener after the Sooner fans gave us a standing O at the Orange Bowl. Big loss

UW won at Stillwater a couple years earlier.

Do you remember who sang the national anthem that day? Extra points for the right answer.
    If we aren't at least playing for Sven's $20, then I AM OUT!
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Super excited for this matchup for some reason.
  • Options
    OstatemanOstateman Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    Hello, Huskies!!
    Do you guys know what it's like when you're having a bad year -- not one you want to remember at all....and then you beat a team you hate...like Oregon?!
    That's summing up this week and our bowl game with you guys.
    It's just icing on the cake.

We lost a ton of experience, had some costly injuries and played with a bunch of freshmen. But when we took the redshirt off a freshman QB, Mason Rudolph, it seemed to jump start our program.
    Sure, our record sucks and we lost a bunch of games, but we're pretty excited about this game with you Huskies and our future.

You should be favored. You deserve it. However, I do believe it will be a decent game.

So, don't be surprised if you get surprised.

• Options
    HelfrichFamilyVanHelfrichFamilyVan Member Posts: 351
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    I'm surprised that you'd think we be surprised by being surprised.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,480
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I bet more Okies come to hardcore than doogman this holdiay season.

Your true frosh might need a medical redshirt for next year if the stories about your O-line are close to true.
  • Options
    H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098
    Ostateman said:

Hello, Huskies!!
    Do you guys know what it's like when you're having a bad year -- not one you want to remember at all....and then you beat a team you hate...like Oregon?!

We lost a ton of experience, had some costly injuries and played with a bunch of freshmen. But when we took the redshirt off a freshman QB, Mason Rudolph, it seemed to jump start our program.
    Sure, our record sucks and we lost a bunch of games, but we're pretty excited about this game with you Huskies and our future.

You should be favored. You deserve it. However, I do believe it will be a decent game.

• Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,807
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Ostateman said:

Hello, Huskies!!
    Do you guys know what it's like when you're having a bad year -- not one you want to remember

Yeah, the last 13 years come to mind
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Ostateman said:

I actually have no idea what that feels like. Might want to ask the WSU faithful.
  • Options
    CanardCanard Member Posts: 504
    Ostateman said:

Hello, Huskies!!

Roughly half of the poasters here are not old enough to have a concept of what it feels like to beat Oregon.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Canard said:

Ostateman said:

Hello, Huskies!!

Roughly half of the poasters here are not old enough to have a concept of what it feels like to beat Oregon.
    Disagree. Roughly half of the poasters here are boobs or harv, and those two are old enough to remember life before Kenny Wheaton.