Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Oregon

2»

Comments

• CanardCanard Member Posts: 504

Is there another system QB in the wings?

Darron Thomas, Jeremiah Masoli, Dennis Dixon and Marcus Mariota all shared a belly laugh over your post.
    All of whom were recruited and played under Chip Kelly. Helfrich with his own quarterback could be very different.
    Everyone knows that Helfrich found Mariota and has had more time withh him.
    Not the doogs.
  • topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838

Darron Thomas, Jeremiah Masoli, Dennis Dixon and Marcus Mariota all shared a belly laugh over your post.
    All of whom were recruited and played under Chip Kelly. Helfrich with his own quarterback could be very different.
    The way I hear it Marriott is lucky to be playing college ball.

If it wasn't for Helfrich going to Hawaii and seeing him chuck coconuts on the beach, we may never have had the high honor of watching him play.
    topdawgnc said:

The way I hear it Marriott is lucky to be playing college ball.

If it wasn't for Helfrich going to Hawaii and seeing him chuck coconuts on the beach, we may never have had the high honor of watching him play.
    Isn't this how legends are made?
  • HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,602
    I don't know, by my count Oregon loses about half their starting line-up (and tons of experience) after this year and Armstead or Buckner may go pro.

2-3 year starters who are won't be back:

QB: Mariota

WR: Keanon Lowe (probably the easiest to replace)

LT: Jake Fisher

LG: Hamani Stevens

C: Grasu (4 year starter)

DE: Tony Washington

DT: Armstead or Buckner? (My guess is that one goes early)

LB: Derrick Malone

CB: Olomu

CB: Troy Hill (top back-up Dior Mathis is also gone)

S: Erick Dargan

So IMHO, it's next year when Helfrich is in his 3rd season as HC and has to replace very experienced and talented players who were recruited when Chip Kelly was head coach.

But I'm probably telling most of you fucks something you already know since even most retards understand you can't really judge a coach at least until his 3rd season (obligatory Gilby, Walt Harris, and Willingham say hi posts).

Still in play. Helfrich looks good now. But still

One thing in Helfrich favor is a lot of the roster has turned over unlike Coker.

But Mariota

HFNY said:

I don't know, by my count Oregon loses about half their starting line-up (and tons of experience) after this year and Armstead or Buckner may go pro.

So IMHO, it's next year when Helfrich is in his 3rd season as HC and has to replace very experienced and talented players who were recruited when Chip Kelly was head coach.

But I'm probably telling most of you fucks something you already know since even most retards understand you can't really judge a coach at least until his 3rd season (obligatory Gilby, Walt Harris, and Willingham say hi posts).

One thing in Helfrich favor is a lot of the roster has turned over unlike Coker.

But Mariota

No denying we lose some serious talent. That said, the silver lining of all of the O-Line injuries this year is a lot of underclassmen played a lot of snaps. The o-line will be fine. OT Tyler Johnstone will be back next year after a year off.

RB is absolutely stacked, and more so next season with the red shirts who will be debuting.

WR are really deep and add back former #1 threat Braylon Addison from surgery.

QB will likely be a mystery for a time unless Mariota is totally insane and pulls a Jake Locker.

TE is an open question unless Pharoh Brown can round into form again by next fall.

The defense will be okay, if for no other reason that there is a lot of reps returning as we play like 17-22 guys depending on whether home or away.

We won't be NC caliber unless we get a QB debut as good as Darron Thomas' rookie campaign in 2010, but we will the favorite to win the division again in all likelihood.

• topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    Canard said:

HFNY said:

But Mariota

No denying we lose some serious talent. That said, the silver lining of all of the O-Line injuries this year is a lot of underclassmen played a lot of snaps. The o-line will be fine. OT Tyler Johnstone will be back next year after a year off.

RB is absolutely stacked, and more so next season with the red shirts who will be debuting.

WR are really deep and add back former #1 threat Braylon Addison from surgery.

QB will likely be a mystery for a time unless Mariota is totally insane and pulls a Jake Locker.

TE is an open question unless Pharoh Brown can round into form again by next fall.

The defense will be okay, if for no other reason that there is a lot of reps returning as we play like 17-22 guys depending on whether home or away.

We won't be NC caliber unless we get a QB debut as good as Darron Thomas' rookie campaign in 2010, but we will the favorite to win the division again in all likelihood.

Braxton Miller may make his way west
  • dtddtd Member Posts: 4,526 Standard Supporter
    If you have a talent pipeline via recruiting, and a good coach, returning starters is absurdly overrated.

We're fucked.