Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Fan Podcast: Fall Camp Preview

HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
edited August 2013 in Hardcore Husky Board
We discuss players & expectations on both sides of the ball

Fall Camp Offense

Fall Camp Defense & Special Teams

Tags & Shoutouts (towards end of second podcast): Tailgater, Needs more time, Bob Simmons, Joe Southwick's mustache

RIGHT CLICK TO DOWNLOAD

Comments

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,680
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Not your best effort.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah
    Where is my shout out at?

As always need more drunken swearing and more proclaiming that the season is over.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited August 2013

Not your best effort.

If you actually listened, I would love to hear your thoughts on how it could be better.

Swaye's Wigwam

As always need more drunken swearing and more proclaiming that the season is over.

There's a need more time shout out when talking about Bob Simmons and the special teams.

• TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Not your best effort.

If you actually listened, I would love to hear your thoughts on how it could be better.

You realize I posted that a minute after he posted the podcast links, I hope?

It was Sarkasm.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,702
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Good job on the show. There was an audio issue when using a headset as HeretoBeatMyChest's voice is in the left ear while James and Road Dawg are in the right ear.

Outside of that, good job.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited August 2013

Good job on the show. There was an audio issue when using a headset as HeretoBeatMyChest's voice is in the left ear while James and Road Dawg are in the right ear.

I heard that as well when I listened with my headphones. We will try and get it worked out.

• HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

I got that too....will try and fix it.

There's a need more time shout out when talking about Bob Simmons and the special teams.

I usually always give it a listen but saw this one was so long you guys had to do two parts. I'll give it a listen probably tomorrow.
    Glad you brought up Greg Ducre. Another player who has gotten worse the longer he has stayed here. Was a part time starter in 2011 and hardly played this past season.

Trufant really hid our deficiencies I felt. Like you guys pointed out UW got no pass rush but due to Trufant, Shaq and Parker it wasn't as noticeable as you'd expect. Playing a slue of crappy QB's really helped our defense looked better than it actually was.

Beatmychest going off saying shit a lot when the boise state QB ran for a first down against us in the bowl game was an added improvement. More swearing in fan podcasts always help the product.

Our special teams has been the most disappointing thing for me in the Sark era. Offense has shown flashes of greatness and flashes of being terrible. Same with the defense.

As for special teams it has been terrible and at best average. When was the last time UW had a punt return go for a TD? Last kick off return for a TD? Last blocked punt for a TD? Had a great game punting where we nailed every punt?

I honestly can't remember any of those. Like you guys stated special teams to me is a sign if a coach pays attention to the details. Sark obviously doesn't.
    Swaye's Wigwam

Glad you brought up Greg Ducre. Another player who has gotten worse the longer he has stayed here. Was a part time starter in 2011 and hardly played this past season.

Trufant really hid our deficiencies I felt. Like you guys pointed out UW got no pass rush but due to Trufant, Shaq and Parker it wasn't as noticeable as you'd expect. Playing a slue of crappy QB's really helped our defense looked better than it actually was.

Beatmychest going off saying shit a lot when the boise state QB ran for a first down against us in the bowl game was an added improvement. More swearing in fan podcasts always help the product.

Our special teams has been the most disappointing thing for me in the Sark era. Offense has shown flashes of greatness and flashes of being terrible. Same with the defense.

As for special teams it has been terrible and at best average. When was the last time UW had a punt return go for a TD? Last kick off return for a TD? Last blocked punt for a TD? Had a great game punting where we nailed every punt?

I honestly can't remember any of those. Like you guys stated special teams to me is a sign if a coach pays attention to the details. Sark obviously doesn't.

Strong special teams is the mark of a team that has discipline and takes care of the little things. It's cliché, but true. Sark teams have had terrible special teams, and they are far from disciplined. The worst part is, I heard Sark say on the Coaches Show last year that the special teams have been pretty good under his watch. It's pathetic that the media didn't call him out on the spot for saying stupid shit like that. It seems like nobody but a few hardcore fans are even paying any attention to what it actually happening on the field.

• HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

I usually always give it a listen but saw this one was so long you guys had to do two parts. I'll give it a listen probably tomorrow.
    Brian Kelly thinks you should give it a listen.

• IrishDawg22IrishDawg22 Member Posts: 2,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Good stuff.

You guys spent the same amount of the time on the Oline as Sark.

As for the Dline, Hudson was the least of our problems. It was the opposite end that was so inconsistent, especially Shirley. And we got very little from the guys in the middle outside of Shelton occasionally showing some flashes.

150% agree on the S/T.

Thanks guys!!!
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,516
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter

Good stuff.

As for the Dline, Hudson was the least of our problems. It was the opposite end that was so inconsistent, especially Shirley. And we got very little from the guys in the middle outside of Shelton occasionally showing some flashes.

150% agree on the S/T.

Thanks guys!!!

Hudson needs to step up.
  • TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary

Good stuff.

150% agree on the S/T.

Thanks guys!!!

Great post. I can tell you gave 110%.