Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

What in the hell are they teaching the kids at the University of Washington?

Comments

• Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,637
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    AZDuck said:

PurpleJ said:

It's the system man!

http://youtu.be/axE83zcx6wY

(only 0:36, and worth the laff)
    #LockeWasRight
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,513
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Wait, does this mean Derek is oppressing us?
  • Options
    LaZorisLaZoris Member Posts: 1,628
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Mad_Son said:

Maybe the professor is trying to incite discussion. Maybe this is a student presentation. Maybe this is a presentation on biased perspectives. Taking this image at face value without any context may or may not be representative indicative of what is going on...

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,753
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited December 2014
    with the exception of bullet #4, the other stuff is going to be presented, directly or indirectly, at any institution of higher learning not named Oral Roberts University or the like.

now, describing capitalism as a zero/sum, winner/loser game is ridiculous. that would NEVER happen at Middlebury.

listen, b4 you poast again on the academies, check in with me furst. I've got that shit wired the fuck down.

• Options

with the exception of bullet #4, the other stuff is going to be presented, directly or indirectly, at any institution of higher learning not named Oral Roberts University or the like.

now, describing capitalism as a zero/sum, winner/loser game is ridiculous. that would NEVER happen at Middlebury.

listen, b4 you poast again on the academies, check in with me furst. I've got that shit wired the fuck down.

I can think of a couple posters fucktards here who think #4 is accurate.
    indeed. there are probably more in the closet.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,446
    Swaye's Wigwam

I can think of a couple posters fucktards here who think #4 is accurate.
    indeed. there are probably more in the closet.
    They revealed themselves in this thread
  • Options
    Citrus4TroogsCitrus4Troogs Member Posts: 248
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Everything was going fine and dandy with Feudalism until Capitalism came along and started automatically oppressing everyone who doesn't look like Wilford Brimley. I blame the Renaissance
  • Options

Everything was going fine and dandy with Feudalism until Capitalism came along and started automatically oppressing everyone who doesn't look like Wilford Brimley. I blame the Renaissance

Feudalism was a pretty good fucking deal if you were smart about the family into which you were born. But you had to get that right, because if you fucked that up you were good and serfed - err fucked.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    With respect this belongs on the Tug Tavern board and not here IMO. I come to this forum to escape from shit like this.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,446
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Gladstone said:

With respect this belongs on the Tug Tavern board and not here IMO. I come to this forum to escape from shit like this.

Find the board where this belongs?
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,647
    Founders Club
    Gladstone said:

duly noted
  • Options
    vadawgvadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 466
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The only problem I see is, they excluded a bunch of other types of oppression. If that's your point, I understand.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,984
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

The only real problem I see is the definition of capitalism is totally wrong and backwards. Capitalism is what actually helps lift the poor and middle class of society. Today people are fooled into thinking capitalism is what causes extreme inequality and poverty, when it is the most just and moral economic system.

It depends on the amount of (proper) regulation and corruption.
  • Options
    SonnyShackelfordSonnyShackelford Member Posts: 919

I took black studies back in the day and wrote a paper on how the real oppression in America is economic and they keep us down by dividing us because there is a lot of poor white folk too. Got a F so I went to Whitey sucks from then on and did a lot better

Lesson learned. Whitey hetro undisabled rich people men suck

• Options
    d2dd2d Member Posts: 3,109
    edited December 2014
    Your tax dollars student loan dollars paid for it his salary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=MsBTNk_e5zo