Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Mitch Levy says...

Comments

• Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

The duck/seahawk fan is the worst of the worst. How can anyone do that and maintain a shred of dignity or self respect.

That is a fan who just discovered/started caring about football 4-5 years ago.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    What is a "Slickhawk"?
  • Options
    claychaclaycha Member Posts: 662
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Its not just the lack of coverage but the quality. Hugh is basically the go to guy for everyone. He sucks ass not because he can't convey shit and doesn't talk about shit that actually matters.

Salk is an east coast guy with a pro sports superiority complex. We touched on 710s UW coverage in the last cast. Its a total abomination. Salk actually thinks UW fans should be more myopic like Mariners fans. He also said a few years ago that UWs expectations were too high and couldn't be a great program anymore. Fuck that guy.

Fans take cues from these clowns. Some here say Softy,Kim,Dawgman, etc don't matter but they do. They have a huge audience and play a role and help to shape local opinion of UW.

Since summer we've been averaging 450 listeners per podcast with it topping out over 550 a few times. We have a good audience because fans are starved for entertaining and informed husky talk that they don't care that its 3 clowns with boners in their sweatpants with low production value. And we've had a tiny role in shaping opinions. Not every listener who started with us was a huge anti-Sark guy but they eventually came around because we provided them with better info and analysis that led them to making their own judgements. When we professionalize our cast, are able to have some legitimate guests and UW takes the next step I'm sure we can have well over 1000 listeners per podcast.

You had me at "Fuck that guy"

Keep on keepin on Chest!!
  • Options
    claychaclaycha Member Posts: 662
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

What is a "Slickhawk"?

Per wiki pesky it's a cocksucker
  • Options
    Dick_BDick_B Member Posts: 1,301
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Testing 1
    the fuck is a podcast? I don't listen to sports radio, and I don't podcast. I prefer not having to be told what to think. I used to like listening to mitch, but when sandy got fired, I quit listening. Fain is horrific and uninformed, I tried brock and salk..... un-listenable inho.
  • Options
    SpoonieLuvSpoonieLuv Member Posts: 5,437
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    edited December 2014

When Matt Rogers, Kyle Benn and I had our podcast, we topped out at 5,500 downloads per show, and as I've said before, I did a mediocre job as host. Partially because my heart wasn't in it due to my belief Sark would be here for 20 years and the program was doomed.

Your Husky Fan Podcast is superior to the one we did IMO, and I do believe you can go to 1,000 listeners and beyond that even.

*yer

I enjoyed The War Room
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,601
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    I tried to give Salk a fair shot, but he is truly unlistenable.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

When Matt Rogers, Kyle Benn and I had our podcast, we topped out at 5,500 downloads per show, and as I've said before, I did a mediocre job as host. Partially because my heart wasn't in it due to my belief Sark would be here for 20 years and the program was doomed.

Your Husky Fan Podcast is superior to the one we did IMO, and I do believe you can go to 1,000 listeners and beyond that even.

Derek I really think you should start that podcast again. Its great exposure for the site and gives the fans an invaluable perspective (former players). Having former players with you legitimizes the site quite a bit. People will listen to hear the players so you really don't need to worry about being a great host. Plus it broadens the content base.
    Same. I enjoyed it.
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Fuck Mitch Levy.

That is all.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,861
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

What is a "Slickhawk"?

I tried to post a couple pictures of him, but the site wouldn't accept (yes I'm blaming Vanilla).

Think overweight black guy about 30 with green hair wearing a full 12 jersey...pants, gloves, everything..
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Fain sez on a scale of one to ten, the refs are at a 7 in terms of having it out for the Seahawks.
  • Options
    kh83kh83 Member Posts: 596
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    Outside of the lack of cfb talk, Brock and Salk are fantastic. And Salk's blatant hate of Sark makes him even better in my opinion.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,987
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Salk can be smug sometimes but sometimes he is okay. He is a huge fluffer of Wilson and thinks he can do no wrong.
    Brock laughs way too hard at everything which makes for really shitty radio. When Brock actually talks football he does okay.

They are better than dick fain though.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Someone said Mitch and morons didn't know what conference TCU was in. Even though they moved recently that's inexcusable for a sports radio host. If it were UTEP or Tulsa or Memphis it's forgivable, but not a top five XII team.
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,601
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Salk for 7 weeks said he his is not worried about the Hawks but now he is worried about the hawks....it just shows you his stupid talk radio is.

He just makes shit up for conversation. Though i guess when the hawks are 14 hours of conversation you have to just say fake crap most of the time.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    jecornel said:

Salk for 7 weeks said he his is not worried about the Hawks but now he is worried about the hawks....it just shows you his stupid talk radio is.

He just makes shit up for conversation. Though i guess when the hawks are 14 hours of conversation you have to just say fake crap most of the time.

That's my major problem with 90% of commercial sports talk and why I listen to podcasts (mainly yours) or my ihateradio hair band station. You can't always tell, but you know it's going on. Often.