Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Mitch Levy says...

After being asked via text why his show spent 3.5 hours talking about the Seahawks (who didn't have a game over the weekend) and only 15 minutes on the Huskies Apple Cup victory/season, Mitch said that only 1 in 10 people that listen to his show care about the Huskies and that there are many "like Slickhawk" who root for the Ducks and the Seahawks. His sample size (Slickhawk) agreed and said he turns the radio when there is Husky talk.

On a slightly related note, this morning all 3 of them (including Fain) were under the impression that USC would be playing Oregon tonight "if not for Chris Petersen" because USC beat UCLA this year.

P.S. yes I know I'm gay for listening to Mitch

Comments

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

On a slightly related note, this morning all 3 of them (including Fain) were under the impression that USC would be playing Oregon tonight "if not for Chris Petersen" because USC beat UCLA this year.

¿da fuq? that even mean?
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    I am happy I have not listened to that show for 2+ years.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,861
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    They talk about 1/4 the amount of Huskies they did last year...when they broadcast them.

Slickhawk sounds like a creepy fuck, btw
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,107
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Upvoted for acknowledging your homoerotic tendencies on the boards
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    see... this is just the sort of taunting of paying customers... baiting them to retaliate... just so you justify banning them... this bored is famous for.
  • Options
    claychaclaycha Member Posts: 662
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

After being asked via text why his show spent 3.5 hours talking about the Seahawks (who didn't have a game over the weekend) and only 15 minutes on the Huskies Apple Cup victory/season, Mitch said that only 1 in 10 people that listen to his show care about the Huskies and that there are many "like Slickhawk" who root for the Ducks and the Seahawks. His sample size (Slickhawk) agreed and said he turns the radio when there is Husky talk.

Admitting it is usually the first step towards and type of healing.

Congrats!
  • Options
    DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    Simple truth is they can't and they know it.

The duck/seahawk fan is the worst of the worst. How can anyone do that and maintain a shred of dignity or self respect.

• Options
    claychaclaycha Member Posts: 662
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited December 2014

Admitting it is usually the first step towards any type of healing.

Congrats!
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Congrats!
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Congrats!
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,803
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Congrats!
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,279
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

The duck/seahawk fan is the worst of the worst. How can anyone do that and maintain a shred of dignity or self respect.

What do you despise more?

Duck/Seahawk fan

or

Duck/Stealer fan

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I think Atomic nailed it. There isn't much interest in a college football team that hasn't been good in 14 years. By good, I mean playing games that matter in November. When that happens, interest will rise and the Huskies will get talked about. Right now, it's basically a niche market.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

I think Atomic nailed it. There isn't much interest in a college football team that hasn't been good in 14 years. By good, I mean playing games that matter in November. When that happens, interest will rise and the Huskies will get talked about. Right now, it's basically a niche market.

And one well serviced by you, Little Jimmy, and Chest.
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,741
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    You can bet the house that when we're good again, marketing will come up with some bullshit and we'll be dealing with our own version of the 12s. Doogs will be legacy at that point.
  • Options
    SpoonieLuvSpoonieLuv Member Posts: 5,437
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

You can bet the house that when we're good again, marketing will come up with some bullshit and we'll be dealing with our own version of the 12s. Doogs will be legacy at that point.

The LEAVE!-gion of Abooomdance
  • Options
    blackmambablackmamba Member Posts: 184
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper 5 Awesomes
    Two mornings ago mitch and dick pain had an argument about which conference TCU was in... Neither had any clue and dick pains internet wasn't working so he couldn't look it up.

3 minutes later dick offered up his take that fsu should be on upset alert vs georgia tech. I tried to call in and ask what conference those two schools were in but they wouldn't let me on the air.