Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

What does East Carolina's Chart have to say?

Says for them to take a knee, even though there's <2 minutes left and UCF has a timeout.

So what if UCF has the ball with 10 second left? They have to drive down the field 70 yards for a TD to win the game.

...fuck.

Comments

• Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    What was the scenario, what did ECU do? I only saw the hail mary
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    IT'S CALLED MATH, YOU CRETIN

btw, if you google image search "angry fetters" this is the first hit
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    WHAT DOES THAT ASSHOLE @TheChart‌ HAVE TO SAY NOW?
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    The whole thing is BS ...

This is never an issue if Cooper just holds onto the football ... but everybody's got to blame somebody and nobody wants to blame the kids.

It's like in basketball everybody bitches about a made 3 tying the game saying that you should have fouled. What do those same assholes say when you fuck up and foul when the opponent sees it coming and gets into the shot to get 3 free throws OR heaven forbid a situation where they make the first, get the rebound, and make a 3 to beat you. Most idiots aren't smart enough to realize that even if the other team makes the original 3, it only ties the game and doesn't beat you. You often not only have a shot left to still win the game, but also overtime if it gets to that point.

As a random rant while on the subject, watching the Shocker vs. Utah game last night, the Shockers had 2 timeouts when Utah missed their last free throw up 1 and about 1.4 seconds left. Why coaches don't run plays in this situation to get a catch at midcourt and call an immediate timeout to get an out of bounds play at midcourt with about a second left I will never understand ... particularly when only down 1 as this is the only way you can get a shot heading towards the basket for a reasonable 2 to win the game. It's a far better chance of winning the game than catching it at midcourt, taking a dribble or two and throwing up a half court shot.
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Was it seriously three knees and a punt that led to this? That's fucking fantastic.
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    Tequilla said:

The whole thing is BS ...

This is never an issue if Cooper just holds onto the football ... but everybody's got to blame somebody and nobody wants to blame the kids.

It's like in basketball everybody bitches about a made 3 tying the game saying that you should have fouled. What do those same assholes say when you fuck up and foul when the opponent sees it coming and gets into the shot to get 3 free throws OR heaven forbid a situation where they make the first, get the rebound, and make a 3 to beat you. Most idiots aren't smart enough to realize that even if the other team makes the original 3, it only ties the game and doesn't beat you. You often not only have a shot left to still win the game, but also overtime if it gets to that point.

As a random rant while on the subject, watching the Shocker vs. Utah game last night, the Shockers had 2 timeouts when Utah missed their last free throw up 1 and about 1.4 seconds left. Why coaches don't run plays in this situation to get a catch at midcourt and call an immediate timeout to get an out of bounds play at midcourt with about a second left I will never understand ... particularly when only down 1 as this is the only way you can get a shot heading towards the basket for a reasonable 2 to win the game. It's a far better chance of winning the game than catching it at midcourt, taking a dribble or two and throwing up a half court shot.

They have a special bored for this drivel.
  • Options
    TheChartTheChart Member Posts: 76
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper 5 Awesomes
    AZDuck said:

WHAT DOES THAT ASSHOLE @TheChart‌ HAVE TO SAY NOW?

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Don't mind me, be off the field in a jif
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Even worse! Apparently he took knees and then had his QB scramble around.... THAT is a fireable offense.

• Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,475
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    WHERE ARE ALL YOU HALF BRAINS NOW?!!!!!!?!11!/.
  • Options
    JaWarrenJaHookerJaWarrenJaHooker Member Posts: 1,981
    No need to punt. ECU was in FG range.

Fired. At. Midfield.
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

No need to punt. ECU was in FG range.

Even my wife was asking why they don't kick the FG.

Fired. At. Midfield.

• Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,475
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I actually don't mind them not kicking the field goal. In that situation the only way you can lose is if they drive the field with less than ten seconds and no timeouts. Odds of the kicker missing it (which ended up being about where he got sacked) or having it blocked are too high to risk it.

Should have been a designed scramble punt. But under duress you never really know how a player is going to react so i wouldn't have hated on a directional punt out of bounds. Either way, you can't fault Pete for running the rock when you see shit like this.

You can fault him for not calling timeouts with time on the clock. But let's not beat a dead college doog.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Doogles said:

I actually don't mind them not kicking the field goal. In that situation the only way you can lose is if they drive the field with less than ten seconds and no timeouts. Odds of the kicker missing it (which ended up being about where he got sacked) or having it blocked are too high to risk it.

Should have been a designed scramble punt. But under duress you never really know how a player is going to react so i wouldn't have hated on a directional punt out of bounds. Either way, you can't fault Pete for running the rock when you see shit like this.

You can fault him for not calling timeouts with time on the clock. But let's not beat a dead college doog.

Respekt
  • Options
    JaWarrenJaHookerJaWarrenJaHooker Member Posts: 1,981
    I personally kick the FG but a punt would suffice. Whatevs.

The last thing you do is take a designed quarterback sack. The fact that Hail Mary was even attempted is just cause for him to be canned.
  • Options
    AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,999
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I think my biggest beef with the Cooper fumble play is that they ran it at all. When the offense ran to the line with like 17 seconds left on the play clock, I was screaming at them to get back into the huddle, let the clock run down to 1 sec. and call a timeout. Then if he decided he wanted to run one play, I wouldn't have had such a beef with it. But I just knew, at that point in time, Miley was going to fuck up with 17 seconds to not snap the ball. And he did, snapping the ball with 7 seconds. (Which he also did 4 plays earlier, with 8 seconds on the clock)
    Cooper fucked up by fumbling, but Pete fucked up by not coaching.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Alexis said:

I think my biggest beef with the Cooper fumble play is that they ran it at all. When the offense ran to the line with like 17 seconds left on the play clock, I was screaming at them to get back into the huddle, let the clock run down to 1 sec. and call a timeout. Then if he decided he wanted to run one play, I wouldn't have had such a beef with it. But I just knew, at that point in time, Miley was going to fuck up with 17 seconds to not snap the ball. And he did, snapping the ball with 7 seconds. (Which he also did 4 plays earlier, with 8 seconds on the clock)

It was a "shit happens" play, simple as that.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Alexis said:

It was a "shit happens" play, simple as that.
    Bingo.

And notice that recently Miley has done a far better job in those situations of snapping the ball with 1 or 2 on the clock.

I'm more than 81% sure that Petersen had coached Miley in these situations ... but sometimes you need to get punched in the junk before the message really sinks in.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,279
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    Sark to the East Carolina coach: Quit copying my shit fucko