Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

TJ Pledger, 2018 RB, Bradenton (IMG Academy), FL (offered)

Comments

• Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    2019 is going to be special.
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    If that is a freshman than I am the World's Sexiest Man. Jesus, no chance he comes here lol.
  • Options
    H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

If that is a freshman than I am the World's Sexiest Man. Jesus, no chance he comes here lol.

"Go on"

• Options
    section8section8 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,581
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2014
    2018? This is approaching MSNBC special report territory
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Thanks for making me throw up a bit in my mouth ...

For those of us that aren't heavy TBS'ers ... can you give a bit of a summary of who he is? And more importantly, why do you say that we have no chance?
  • Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,091
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Isn't first offer a big thing? Show you have faith in them and all that?
  • Options
    I think he is going to get offered by everyone and their mother. He looks like a senior in HS right now. Crazy good.
  • Options
    Where is he from?

And remember what we've been hearing from both Charles and Donald about building up our "brand" with kids at a younger and younger age while building up the relationship and loyalty to the program. It isn't so much about getting the kid to commit at this point ... it's about him having the comfort and ability to identify with the program such that he knows that it is a place he'll be comfortable at because of the relationships that he's building with the coaching staff.

This isn't a strategy that you can use well if you're planning on picking up and going to another school in 3-5 years. This only works if you have a coach that has little desire to leave where he's at - which is why it can be very successful.
  • Options
    He is from Chaminade Prep in LA.
  • Options

He is from Chaminade Prep in LA.

Thank you.

Now ... let's think about what the coaching landscape is going to be 3 years from now when he's making a decision as a LA kid.

PAC schools:

Washington = Petersen will still be here
    Oregon = Helfrich will be there - let's see what happens to them after MM
    Stanford = Shaw (enough said on that)
    UCLA = Mora (my guess is that he's left to the NFL in 3 years)
    USC = Seven will most likely be shit canned by this point
    ASU = If Graham continues to have success, I would have to think he's going elsewhere as that has historically been his MO
    Arizona = We'll see about Rich Rod staying their long term ... but hard to believe that they are going to pull a 5 star to Tucson

National:

Texas = enough kids in their own backyard
    Oklahoma = Many that I know believe that Stoops is on the Mack Brown career path but about 5 years behind him
    Notre Dame = possible player as Kelly should still be there
    Michigan = Let's see who they hire as their coach first

SEC = Stay local or head to Florida for most of their recruits

Honestly, when you look at the teams around the country right now, and in particular in the conference, there's going to be a lot of change taking place in the next couple of years. The better coaches in America right now are not with some of the biggest blue blood programs. For as successful as teams like TCU and Baylor are right now, neither are going to be in positions to go national for recruits and be viewed as destination schools for recruits around the country. Where there are good coaches in place at blue blood schools, their recruiting base locally will generally be sufficient enough.

Seven will fall on his face at USC and my guess is in the process he's going to create some significant ill will locally. Let's see what UCLA does with their QB position next year - Slick's kid would equal them taking steps backwards. I think if Mora gets a chance to go to the NFL he'll do so. Historically when you have questionable situations in the LA schools, the likelihood of that talent leaving the area increases.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited December 2014
    Great name for a recruit who will commit to three or four schools before he enrolls anywhere