Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Global Warming update

13»

Comments

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,350 Founders Club
    If you like starvation and the plague the little ice age was awesome. Continued global warming would require continuity that isn't there. In particular man made. If you think fucked up light bulbs and so called green energy are doing anything then this conversation is over
  • Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,163

If you like starvation and the plague the little ice age was awesome. Continued global warming would require continuity that isn't there. In particular man made. If you think fucked up light bulbs and so called green energy are doing anything then this conversation is over

I have no idea what you are trying to say by "global warming would require continuity that isn't there" but if you like starvation and the plague then global warming is awesome. As someone who explores for oil for a living I think I have a very clear picture of what fucked up light bulbs and so called green energy are doing.

Anyways, I think this conversation is over since I know you're still up in Commifornia but it is bedtime in Texas. Moreso because I really have no desire to waste my time trying to make you understand something you so desperately want to disbelieve. It is really best for my career if you baselessly cast aspersions on global warming anyways.

Also, as an aside, my PhD in geophysics has given me a tremendous understanding of what is happening climatically. As HouHusky pointed out, I am a Climate Change Superiority Guy.
    I disparage so called remedies that do nothing other than fuck up the economy. Yes the climate changes. Big fucking deal. Its not global warming its climate change. We get it. The climate changes. Show me an economic model that provides a mitigation as and we'll talk. After you show me that in the billions of years of the climate changing without us this snapshot of time is caused by us. Its not a matter of faith for me to believe that
  • TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959

I disparage so called remedies that do nothing other than fuck up the economy. Yes the climate changes. Big fucking deal. Its not global warming its climate change. We get it. The climate changes. Show me an economic model that provides a mitigation as and we'll talk. After you show me that in the billions of years of the climate changing without us this snapshot of time is caused by us. Its not a matter of faith for me to believe that

It almost sounds like youre asking him to show causation. But you couldn't possibly be doing that because I did that once and you all laughed and laughed and made it one of your pathetic little Half Brain jokes that you repeated over and over again. So when you say "caused" you must mean something else. Please explain what you mean by caused because I've seen you admit corellation before and that, by you and your minions standards, is enough to establish something as true.
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186

It almost sounds like youre asking him to show causation. But you couldn't possibly be doing that because I did that once and you all laughed and laughed and made it one of your pathetic little Half Brain jokes that you repeated over and over again. So when you say "caused" you must mean something else. Please explain what you mean by caused because I've seen you admit corellation before and that, by you and your minions standards, is enough to establish something as true.
    disagree

• Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,163

It is both. Globally, things are warming. That is why it is called global warming. Average surface temperatures on Earth are rising. Just because the result is not a monotonic increase in temperature everywhere does not mean the globe is not warming.

And to clarify, are you saying the climate needs a full five billion years and that we can't understand it after four or are you really requesting me to post up scientific evidence? If you are truly interested I am happy to go to that effort. Being a denier of facts versus wanting to ensure a smooth economic transition from hydrocarbons to non-hydrocarbons are drastically different things. If I thought the solution was to quit oil now I'd do something else with my life?
    The earth is awfully young
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781

The earth is awfully young

Pathetic little half brain joke.
  • TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    That's all you guys got? Alright then.

Nuff said?

Nuff said?
    Case closed?
  • HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    edited August 2013

The little ice age decimated Europe. Wait......

You really should have gone with the mideival warm period from 1000AD

It was warm enough that it allowed explorers and settlers (Vikings) to island hop and sail from Europe to northern Canada all while growning warm weather crops. They eventually set up the first European settlement in the "new world" in Newfoundland and developed sailing tools and techniques that would be used for the next 800 years to cross the Atlantic.

• PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,789
    edited August 2013
    Since when are caring about the environment and hating government interference in the markets mutually exclusive ideas?
    Houhusky said:

It was warm enough that it allowed explorers and settlers (Vikings) to island hop and sail from Europe to northern Canada all while growning warm weather crops. They eventually set up the first European settlement in the "new world" in Newfoundland and developed sailing tools and techniques that would be used for the next 800 years to cross the Atlantic.

I told you via PM that I DID NOT want to play pass the pickle with you and Chesdick.
    Houhusky said:

The cold caused the starvation driving people into close quarters allowing the plague to spread.

My Vikings were a whole nother decimation
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346
    i'm against global warming, but support the annihilation of polar bears.