Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Mike Riley - new HC at Nebraska

Comments

• Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Obligatory

And who does Bob De Carolis hire now?

• Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Nebraska is showing they don't care about winning. They were fed up with Pelini's antics so they replaced him with a mild, all around good guy.

This is literally stunning. HOLY FUCK. What the fuck are they doing down there? Well on the positive side, they were our main comp for @RoadDawg55‌'s favorite Young Potatoe, so I guess that's our positive.

I guess they will replace Riley with Erickson again? Holy Christ!
    What i'm hearing is TUI will be a front runner, but if that doesn't work out someone else. Either way it will be interesting.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

This is crazy. He will be a tame version of Pelini and go 9-4.

How lucky were we to get Petersen??
    I thought we hate Petersen sucked because he fucked up the AZ, Stanford, and ASU games, when 4-5 and his best win was the Illinois scrimmage? Staff?
  • Options
    SteveInSheltonSteveInShelton Member Posts: 1,611
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    I immediately went to HuskerOnline and 99% are WTF'ing and there's even one thread asking for Pelini back. Wow I can't believe this happened.

The Hooskers are trying to spin this hire by saying USC wanted to hire him years ago (who cares what happened years ago?), and someone even said USC tried hiring him last year before Sark? Wtf?
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,279
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    Wow........just wow
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223

Fire a 9 win coach and hire a 5 win coach = Nebraska Math

But, he won't call our fans stupid
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,095
    Founders Club
    I've got to think Nebraksa boosters will be out in full force with pitchforks and torches tonight to surround the university president's house.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,861
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Nebraska is showing they don't care about winning. They were fed up with Pelini's antics so they replaced him with a mild, all around good guy.

This is kind of sad. I grew up watching N win consistently the right way with Osborne. They were always good for at least 9-2. 7-4 to them was a disaster. Granted the Kansas schools and Iowa St were horrible most years. I had a lot of respect for their program.

Now they clearly don't care about being a top ten team. They play fucking Rutgers and Illinois. None of this feels right.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,475
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2014
    I love it. I guess once and for all Riley will get to prove the "he does more with less" theory one way or the other. However shocking, this is the kind of hire that can actually prove genius.

The ebbs and flows of who is hot and who is not in the coaching world is a crazy thing. Riley with a fresh perspective can bring his quietly dirty style of play to a program that has no trouble getting the "beef".

Could be interesting. Or not.
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

This is kind of sad. I grew up watching N win consistently the right way with Osborne. They were always good for at least 9-2. 7-4 to them was a disaster. Granted the Kansas schools and Iowa St were horrible most years. I had a lot of respect for their program.

Now they clearly don't care about being a top ten team. They play fucking Rutgers and Illinois. None of this feels right.
    The right way? Bro do you even Lawrence Phillips?
  • Options
    SteveInSheltonSteveInShelton Member Posts: 1,611
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

I don't remember a ton of old college football games outside of Washington, but I do vividly remember enjoying watching Tommie Frazier and Lawrence Phillips (despite being insane) run all over defenses. Those were good times.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    edited December 2014

Lawrence Phillips knew the right way for his girlfriend. It's just that she didn't want to listen without being thrown down the stairs. Wouldn't it have been sad if Osborne abandoned Phillips in his time of need after being unfairly maligned for assaulting being the victim of an obviously out of control wretched female? Probably on PMS drugs!?!

That guy was pure class. #classyfanbase #lawrencephillipshurthisgirlfriendoutoflove
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,861
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited December 2014
    AZDuck said:

The right way? Bro do you even Lawrence Phillips?
    I was more talking recruiting/general NCAA violations. I remember him. They weren't perfect but better than Jokelahoma, Miami, FSU or SEC trash.