Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Watching the GIFs of the Apple Cup

I can't figure out if the Cougs are that bad ... or if Washington was executing that good.

Yes, it is just highlights, but mother fucker ... the execution of blocking on offense, and tackling on defense was fucking awesome.

Comments

• Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    I'm working and watching the replay on ROOT sports. Coogs really do suck, but we did what teams should do against crappy teams.... Like the Oregon State game ;)
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    topdawgnc said:

I can't figure out if the Cougs are that bad ... or if Washington was executing that good.

Yes, it is just highlights, but mother fucker ... the execution of blocking on offense, and tackling on defense was fucking awesome.

As always, abundance. Defense kicked the shit out of them. I was surprised out here that we got to Falk as much as we did. The physicality in the defensive backfield paid off not just in tackles but in the footsteps those receivers were hearing.
    The Cuogs are bad on defense.
  • Options
    kh83kh83 Member Posts: 596
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    I thought Falk and his mobility helped mitigate the damage our d did. If the ginger qb god/statue had played, we might have sacked him 10+ times.
  • Options
    Cuogar_GoldCuogar_Gold Member Posts: 360
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes
    edited December 2014
    Cuogs are obviously that bad on defense, especially in the secondary. It wasn't that hard to see this was coming, they were mediocre last year with an all-senior secondary including an NFL'er.

I think if you're UW the main positive to take away is that the Beavs and Cuogs both hate you in unequal amounts, and you are getting their best shot, yet you still squash them with ease.

Moral victories and blah blah, but UW also physically beat the fuck out of Arizona, who won the South and beat Oregon. That shouldn't be ignored.

Personally I don't care, UW is going to usher Leach out of Pullman at some point, who is looking more and more obtuse and just not a good fit.

My biggest takeaway Saturday is that Leach was living off of such an easy gig: just beat Sark every year or at least every other year. With Petersen, he is such a great coach, the coogs are just going to get slaughtered until dumbfuck Moos is forced to make a change.