Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

the Husky defense sucked this year

Surrendered 24 points/game in conference only games. That was good for #2 in the Pac-12.

Others of note: Stanford(19.6), USC (24.6), Oregon(25.0), Arizona(26.9)

Comments

• Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,280
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2014
    I don't think anybody ever questioned this teams defense. What was UW's scoring offense ranked in PAC 12 play? Let's also not forget that about a third of the touchdowns were either on defense or special teams.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited December 2014
    They were very good
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper

Husky fans get more excited over a 3rd down stop

ribbon boards, cupcake concessions and the zone.

• Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,000
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited December 2014

Surrendered 24 points/game in conference only games. That was good for #2 in the Pac-12.

Allowed more than 24 points only 4 times in 13 games.

• Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,643
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

I don't think anybody ever questioned this teams defense. What was UW's scoring offense ranked in PAC 12 play? Let's also not forget that about a third of the touchdowns were either on defense or special teams.

UW's offensive ineptitude on offense is all the more reason to be pleased overall with the way the defense performed.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,280
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    chuck said:

UW's offensive ineptitude on offense is all the more reason to be pleased overall with the way the defense performed.
    I understand the excitement over the defense, however, it doesn't change the overall perspective. Great Defense + Horrrible Offense = 8-5, 4-5 in conference
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,643
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

I understand the excitement over the defense, however, it doesn't change the overall perspective. Great Defense + Horrrible Offense = 8-5, 4-5 in conference
    You're not breaking any new ground here. You seem to be lacking perspective similar to Canard. The season was not successful but, us being football fans generally and UW football fans specifically, we're bound to talk about the good points and bad points separate from the whole. HTH.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,720
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Our defense had the talent to compete with anyone
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Our defense had the talent to compete with anyone

You mean like Oregon St? ;)
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,476
    Swaye's Wigwam
    When the offense sustained drives, the Defense butt raped the other team. When miley would just drop the ball for no apparent reason on his side of the 50, the defense got roughed up.