Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

UW-UTEP Wooden Legacy Championship game thread

1235»

Comments

• Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,446
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

So. year stats:

NWG:

14.7 ppg
    7.5 apg
    5.5 rpg
    1.3 spg
    .78 ft%
    .20 3pt%

BRoy:

12.9 ppg
    3.3 apg
    5.3 rpg
    1.2 spg
    .78 ft%
    .40 3pt%

At this point in his career, he is as good as BRoy was as a SO. As DNC said, maybe nobody will ever be as good as Roy was his SR year.

And Freemont is just being fucking stupid if he thinks NWG is not a triple threat. Last year and this year's stat lines speak for themselves.

Plus Roaddawg is right about the positions. Captain Obvious knows that they would play different positions at the next level, but in his SR year BRoy handled the ball the majority of the time.

You also lost all credibility with the Gaddy comparison. NWG's frosh year blows away anything Abdul 5* Gaddy did for the Dawgs.

Right now it is fair to label NWG as BRoy Lite.

What about minutes played? And does BRoy's stats include the entire year (Pac-12 games) or only the OOC? And who were the team players that BRoy had as a supporting cast (vs. NWG who is often a one-man show).

I agree with you about NWG being BRoy lite, but I do wonder if there are other factors at play here beyond just the basic per game stats.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

So. year stats:

NWG:

14.7 ppg
    7.5 apg
    5.5 rpg
    1.3 spg
    .78 ft%
    .20 3pt%

BRoy:

12.9 ppg
    3.3 apg
    5.3 rpg
    1.2 spg
    .78 ft%
    .40 3pt%

At this point in his career, he is as good as BRoy was as a SO. As DNC said, maybe nobody will ever be as good as Roy was his SR year.

And Freemont is just being fucking stupid if he thinks NWG is not a triple threat. Last year and this year's stat lines speak for themselves.

Plus Roaddawg is right about the positions. Captain Obvious knows that they would play different positions at the next level, but in his SR year BRoy handled the ball the majority of the time.

You also lost all credibility with the Gaddy comparison. NWG's frosh year blows away anything Abdul 5* Gaddy did for the Dawgs.

We are still talking about this?
  • Options
    IrishDawg22IrishDawg22 Member Posts: 2,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

So. year stats:

NWG:

14.7 ppg
    7.5 apg
    5.5 rpg
    1.3 spg
    .78 ft%
    .20 3pt%

BRoy:

12.9 ppg
    3.3 apg
    5.3 rpg
    1.2 spg
    .78 ft%
    .40 3pt%

What about minutes played? And does BRoy's stats include the entire year (Pac-12 games) or only the OOC? And who were the team players that BRoy had as a supporting cast (vs. NWG who is often a one-man show).

I agree with you about NWG being BRoy lite, but I do wonder if there are other factors at play here beyond just the basic per game stats.
    I provided the stats mainly to debunk that stupid statement that NWG is not a multiple threat player. Minutes played fall in the favor (34-30) to NWG. You are right about BRoy having a better cast. But at that time he was a different player, mainly playing off the ball with NateRob & Will handling the ball.

• Options

So. year stats:

NWG:

14.7 ppg
    7.5 apg
    5.5 rpg
    1.3 spg
    .78 ft%
    .20 3pt%

BRoy:

12.9 ppg
    3.3 apg
    5.3 rpg
    1.2 spg
    .78 ft%
    .40 3pt%

I provided the stats mainly to debunk that stupid statement that NWG is not a multiple threat player. Minutes played fall in the favor (34-30) to NWG. You are right about BRoy having a better cast. But at that time he was a different player, mainly playing off the ball with NateRob & Will handling the ball.

A guard with no outside shot is not a triple threat. HTH.

NWG is racking up stats with the ball in his hands on a weak team. Your side by side comparison is meaningless.
  • Options
    edited December 2014

So. year stats:

NWG:

14.7 ppg
    7.5 apg
    5.5 rpg
    1.3 spg
    .78 ft%
    .20 3pt%

BRoy:

12.9 ppg
    3.3 apg
    5.3 rpg
    1.2 spg
    .78 ft%
    .40 3pt%

NWG is racking up stats with the ball in his hands on a weak team. Your side by side comparison is meaningless.
    Funny, he shot 36% from 3pt land last year, a mark BRoy on surpassed his SR. And you must be a little foggy on your history. BRoy didn't really develop a great outside stroke until his last year.

At the same point of UW career, NWG is a very comparable player to BRoy. If he can learn to finish with both hands around the basket like BRoy, then the sky is the limit.

And for the record, I thought BRoy SR season was the best by any Dawg since Det's 84-85 season (even better if he would have had a 3pt line)

• Options

So. year stats:

NWG:

14.7 ppg
    7.5 apg
    5.5 rpg
    1.3 spg
    .78 ft%
    .20 3pt%

BRoy:

12.9 ppg
    3.3 apg
    5.3 rpg
    1.2 spg
    .78 ft%
    .40 3pt%

Funny, he shot 36% from 3pt land last year, a mark BRoy on surpassed his SR. And you must be a little foggy on your history. BRoy didn't really develop a great outside stroke until his last year.

At the same point of UW career, NWG is a very comparable player to BRoy. If he can learn to finish with both hands around the basket like BRoy, then the sky is the limit.

Unlike Goss, Roy had a midrange game before he developed into a great 3 pt shooter.

If by "comparable" you mean best player on the team, then fine.

Otherwise, all we have done is list a bunch of things Goss can't do as well as Roy.

Congrats.

• Options

So. year stats:

NWG:

14.7 ppg
    7.5 apg
    5.5 rpg
    1.3 spg
    .78 ft%
    .20 3pt%

BRoy:

12.9 ppg
    3.3 apg
    5.3 rpg
    1.2 spg
    .78 ft%
    .40 3pt%

Unlike Goss, Roy had a midrange game before he developed into a great 3 pt shooter.

Otherwise, all we have done is list a bunch of things Goss can't do as well as Roy.

Congrats.

You have reached He_Needs_More_Cock territory in this thread.

Congrats.
  • Options

So. year stats:

NWG:

14.7 ppg
    7.5 apg
    5.5 rpg
    1.3 spg
    .78 ft%
    .20 3pt%

BRoy:

12.9 ppg
    3.3 apg
    5.3 rpg
    1.2 spg
    .78 ft%
    .40 3pt%

Congrats.

You have reached He_Needs_More_Cock territory in this thread.

Congrats.
    Burn