Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Coaches Poll - UW receives 3 votes

2»

Comments

• dtddtd Member Posts: 3,996
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter

Cincinnati 3; East Carolina 3; Kent State 3; Mississippi State 3; Washington 3

You have no idea the damage Don James did.
    He never had to play a ranked OS and a ranked UO in the same year.
  • dtddtd Member Posts: 3,996
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    edited August 2013

Oregon is in free fall. Their #3 preseason ranking is a 50% drop-off from their 2012 season ending #2 spot. There's trouble brewing in Eugene...

UW has the same number of first place votes as the Ducks. That can't be good for Oregon.
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Oregon is in free fall. Their #3 preseason ranking is a 50% drop-off from their 2012 season ending #2 spot. There's trouble brewing in Eugene...

The fade started early this year!

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah

The post about this on dawgman is a riot. Kim of course chimes in with "UW is putting in effort to change the culture of football but it takes time". Meanwhile, there are a bunch of "I'll be happy with 7 or 8 wins. This is a tough schedule. Next year should be out year."

I've noticed the Auburn Doog syndrome is going around earlier than usual. Going into 2011 I heard how 2013 will be special. Even after UW lost to Boise I heard "Sark better win at least 9-10 games this next season".

Now as the season is drawing near I'm noticing a lot of "If Sark wins 7 or 8 games but shows some progress, he should be back in 2014 as that will be our year".

The constant moving of the goal posts on expectations I think is what drives me crazy the most when it comes to Doogs.
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited August 2013
    dtd said:

Cincinnati 3; East Carolina 3; Kent State 3; Mississippi State 3; Washington 3

You have no idea the damage Don James did.
    He never had to play a ranked OS and a ranked UO in the same year.
    true
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

The post about this on dawgman is a riot. Kim of course chimes in with "UW is putting in effort to change the culture of football but it takes time". Meanwhile, there are a bunch of "I'll be happy with 7 or 8 wins. This is a tough schedule. Next year should be out year."

You can't expect to win next year with a new QB AND Oregon on the road.

2015 won't be special either... too many new OL.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah

You can't expect to win next year with a new QB AND Oregon on the road.

2015 won't be special either... too many new OL.

This excuse is going to be my favorite. After bashing on Price for what will be a solid two years straight, wishing he'd be benched or LEAVE! already. Then next year when UW loses they'll go to that excuse "Hard to win with an inexperienced QB, he just needs more time and reps."