Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Seahawks/9ers game thread

124»

Comments

• CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,499
    People need to really shut the fuck up about Bevell too. He isn't the greatest OC in the world but he is far from the worst. It is so annoying hearing people bitch and moan if they go 3 and our or resort to a field goal in the red zone.

His offensive line sucks and his receivers are pedestrian (and calling them that might be pressing). I thought he called a fantastic game tonight... Seahawks shot themselves in the foot a few times and the refs fucked them out of a TD as well.

Seriously every team in the NFL will have 3 and outs (and sometimes a few in a row) or kick FGs in the red zone. Quit acting like Bevell is the only OC in the NFL this happens under.
  • GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    I mostly agree, but he annoys me most when he forgets about Lynch for long periods of time.
  • dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326

People need to really shut the fuck up about Bevell too. He isn't the greatest OC in the world but he is far from the worst. It is so annoying hearing people bitch and moan if they go 3 and our or resort to a field goal in the red zone.

His offensive line sucks and his receivers are pedestrian (and calling them that might be pressing). I thought he called a fantastic game tonight... Seahawks shot themselves in the foot a few times and the refs fucked them out of a TD as well.

Seriously every team in the NFL will have 3 and outs (and sometimes a few in a row) or kick FGs in the red zone. Quit acting like Bevell is the only OC in the NFL this happens under.

Tonight he was really good
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,670 Founders Club

Disagree except for the part about the receivers. They are basically a bunch of third WRs. He has had some okay games but there's no excuse for him not getting Lynch the ball enough earlier in the season. The o line isn't as terrible as some make it out to be. Their job is to give Wilson 3-3.5 seconds, maybe 4. That's it.

Disagree except for the part about the receivers. They are basically a bunch of third WRs. He has had some okay games but there's no excuse for him not getting Lynch the ball enough earlier in the season. The o line isn't as terrible as some make it out to be. Their job is to give Wilson 3-3.5 seconds, maybe 4. That's it.
    You realize he is on pace for the same amount of carries as last season if they played at least 1 playoff game right? Against SD and Dallas I agree he should have fed him more with 6 and 10 carries respectively. But the other 2 losses he got the ball 18 and 24 times. The SD and Dal was easily his worst games of play calling of the season but people never give him credit for great performances like last night against one of the better defensive teams in the league in the road in a heated rivalry game where the loser most likely doesn't make the playoffs.

The O line sucks. Don't even try and argue that one, this has been the Seahawks biggest weakness since last season and they lost their RT and haven't had their Pro Bowl center for a lot of the season.

Bevell isn't the best but they could have someone who is way shittier. He is really creative and his knock is sometimes he is too creative and not simple enough like the SD and Dallas games.
  • dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326

When you consistently can't get 1 yard when it really matters with lynch in the backfield your oline sucks
  • SteveInSheltonSteveInShelton Member Posts: 1,611
    dhdawg said:

When you consistently can't get 1 yard when it really matters with lynch in the backfield your oline sucks
    Carpenter was back and looked terrible as usual. Okung was surprisingly good, maybe he's actually healthy? I think the line is one really good guard away from becoming good.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,670 Founders Club
    edited November 2014

You realize he is on pace for the same amount of carries as last season if they played at least 1 playoff game right? Against SD and Dallas I agree he should have fed him more with 6 and 10 carries respectively. But the other 2 losses he got the ball 18 and 24 times. The SD and Dal was easily his worst games of play calling of the season but people never give him credit for great performances like last night against one of the better defensive teams in the league in the road in a heated rivalry game where the loser most likely doesn't make the playoffs.

The O line sucks. Don't even try and argue that one, this has been the Seahawks biggest weakness since last season and they lost their RT and haven't had their Pro Bowl center for a lot of the season.

Bevell isn't the best but they could have someone who is way shittier. He is really creative and his knock is sometimes he is too creative and not simple enough like the SD and Dallas games.
    No I don't keep track of on pace for stats. I've watched 7/12 games which is a lot for me. The o line is average but there are worse in the league. I didn't freak out after 3 and outs last night either, but if there are 4-6 in a row it's not okay and they usually lose.

He's not the best but...stop there. Why not get one of the best? I agree he has called some decent games of late, but I'm waiting for the FS side of him to come out. With this offense and personnel, there's not a huge need to get cute. Just run and call some play actions until that doesn't work. You can be creative a little once they have a lead. I think some of Wilson's improv and athletic abilities have made him look better.
    edited December 2014
    I will say the O Line played great last night.