Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Terry Hollimon's Top 5 Running Backs in Husky History

Hardcore_HuskyHardcore_Husky Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 302
Name Dropper 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
Swaye's Wigwam
edited August 2013 in Tug Tavern

imageTerry Hollimon's Top 5 Running Backs in Husky History

This week we had a fun conversation with former Husky running back Terry Hollimon, who gave his list for the top 5 Washington running backs since 1990. Given that Hollimon played from 1993-1997, he had an opportunity to see several of these players first hand.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah
    Good work and agree with your top 5 as well.

All I remember about Shehee was in 1997 UW was 8-1 with him and 0-3 without him. He tore up a Nick Saban defense as well in the bowl game.

Had Shehee stayed healthy in 1997 perhaps UW is playing in the Rose Bowl that year.
  • Options
    TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    Jack Lockner is credited with saving Husky football. Everyone says so.
  • Options
    CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

Jack Lockner is credited with saving Husky football, Hugh Millen says so.

Hi, jimmie!

• Options
    tough call between napolean and dillon.
  • Options
    a Shake Chart???? Lacks comportment
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    This bored never talks about football
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,728
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Is it Nip or Nap? Damone?
  • Options
    Which one of you is Terry Hollimon?
    When it comes to big time college football and the politics that come along with it, the U-Dub is unfortunately not immune to that. They were at a really down place, and they needed someone to be the face of the team and the savior of the team, and Jake filled that role for them. Even though I always knew in my heart that if they were going to win, it was going to be on Polk's shoulders.
  • Options

Good work and agree with your top 5 as well.

All I remember about Shehee was in 1997 UW was 8-1 with him and 0-3 without him. He tore up a Nick Saban defense as well in the bowl game.

Had Shehee stayed healthy in 1997 perhaps UW is playing in the Rose Bowl that year.

They were an 11-1 team.

• Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,341
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    why isn't this on the football bored? mods?
  • Options
    TheGlove said:

why isn't this on the football bored? mods?

WTFITFB?

• Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam

Is it Nip or Nap? Damone?

I get confused. I thought it was Nip, but a poster on d,.com a few years ago sad he went to high school with him and insisted they called him Nap. He was kind of a Kaufman Nickname Superiority Guy.
  • Options

If you look at whole careers, it's fine to put Kaufman at #1, but if we are truly talking about the best back in UW history, it's Dillon, and it's not even close.

Lambo's six regular season years.

7-4
    7-4
    7-3-1
    9-2
    7-4
    6-5

One year had Dillon and the others didn't. Kaufman deserves number 1 because he spent his whole career here but Dillon had the best season I've seen. He had started game one he would have been in New York for the Heisman presentation.

Look at this list with Kaufman and Shehee you had great speed. With Polk and Lewis you had power. With Dillon he had power but he also had enough speed to bust long runs as well.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

If you look at whole careers, it's fine to put Kaufman at #1, but if we are truly talking about the best back in UW history, it's Dillon, and it's not even close.

7-4
    7-4
    7-3-1
    9-2
    7-4
    6-5

One year had Dillon and the others didn't. Kaufman deserves number 1 because he spent his whole career here but Dillon had the best season I've seen. He had started game one he would have been in New York for the Heisman presentation.

Look at this list with Kaufman and Shehee you had great speed. With Polk and Lewis you had power. With Dillon he had power but he also had enough speed to bust long runs as well.
    I would have fired Lambright after the second year.
  • Options

7-4
    7-4
    7-3-1
    9-2
    7-4
    6-5

I would have fired Lambright after the second year.
    The 1994 team had more talent than Rick's Rose Bowl title team. In fact I'd say 1994, 1996 and 1997 with a great coach finishes the year in the top 10 and is in serious contention for a natty.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,728
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Doog love Lambo. Go figure
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,250
    Founders Club

7-4
    7-4
    7-3-1
    9-2
    7-4
    6-5

I would have fired Lambright after the second year 1993 Ohio State game.
    ftfy. That's how you roll.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

7-4
    7-4
    7-3-1
    9-2
    7-4
    6-5

I would have fired Lambright after the second year 1993 Ohio State game.
    ftfy. That's how you roll.
    In that case, I would have fired him after the 1992 Apple Cup.
  • Options
    I had always believed in Lambo until the Oregon game.