Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Stewart Mandel on UW/Sark

RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
As a Washington fan, my general belief is that Steve Sarkisian has to get over the seven-win hump this season or he should be gone. My question is this: Who do you see as potential hot coaches who could be on the market at the end of the year? Washington is a school with rich tradition, rabid fans willing to spend money and a new stadium that will likely be one of the best in the land. I want Sark to succeed as I like him, but I think history shows that if a coach isn't succeeding after five years, he probably won't get it done.
-- James, Inner West

There's an alarming amount of pessimism among this week's questions considering we're just days away from the start of camp. I agree that Sarkisian is on the hot seat, especially given the long-awaited reopening of renovated Husky Stadium. But you're already looking for replacements? It's tough to predict these things ahead of time; who would have guessed prior to last season that Dave Doeren, Mike MacIntyre and Darrell Hazell would land BCS-conference jobs? Or that Bret Bielema would jump to the SEC? Depending on how they fare this season, I could see the next wave of hot mid-major coaches including Louisiana-Lafayette's Mark Hudspeth, Ball State's Pete Lembo and Fresno State's Tim DeRuyter. Still, knowing Washington AD Scott Woodward, he'd likely make a run at someone with a bigger reputation. And there's one name you know will be hovering over all others come the coaching carousel in November: Bobby Petrino (my personal choice).

Seriously, though, focus on Keith Price, Bishop Sankey and the gang. This could be a big year for U-Dub.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/college-football/news/20130731/nebraska-bo-pelini-mailbag/#ixzz2aelLmedc

Comments