Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

So I re-watched OSU game

HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,183
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
Pros
Cyler Miles really did play well. He was throwing some great balls and really saw the field well. He looks completely different than he did at the beginning of the year. What do ya know...the WR's were open the whole time...Cyler just couldn't see them.

Perkins caught quite a few balls it seemed and will be a great weapon over the middle. Big body and can run.

RB's seemed to learn how to run after the Colorado game. Shaq may have embarrassed 'em I guess. That's how you do it boys and it looks like they all took note. They ran HARD.

Defense was flying around. The overall speed difference was glaring but that defense is having fun too. Everybody was making plays except for one position group...but that comes later.

Cons

Safety is a glaring issue. Kevin King borders on worthless and Baker got beat like a drum both times on those long passes. 3rd and 25....did Baker really think they were going to run? Later in the game they ran the same exact play and he got beat again! Feeney picked it very next play...but still.

Crowd. We walked through campus at about 3 or 3:30 and U-District was dead...E-12 dead....E-1 dead. The crowd that did show up was very late arriving....I get it..."season is over...nothing to play for." But still.

Comments

• Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    HuskyJW said:

Pros
    Cyler Miles really did play well. He was throwing some great balls and really saw the field well. He looks completely different than he did at the beginning of the year. What do ya know...the WR's were open the whole time...Cyler just couldn't see them.

Perkins caught quite a few balls it seemed and will be a great weapon over the middle. Big body and can run.

RB's seemed to learn how to run after the Colorado game. Shaq may have embarrassed 'em I guess. That's how you do it boys and it looks like they all took note. They ran HARD.

Defense was flying around. The overall speed difference was glaring but that defense is having fun too. Everybody was making plays except for one position group...but that comes later.

Cons

Safety is a glaring issue. Kevin King borders on worthless and Baker got beat like a drum both times on those long passes. 3rd and 25....did Baker really think they were going to run? Later in the game they ran the same exact play and he got beat again! Feeney picked it very next play...but still.

Crowd. We walked through campus at about 3 or 3:30 and U-District was dead...E-12 dead....E-1 dead. The crowd that did show up was very late arriving....I get it..."season is over...nothing to play for." But still.

Baker is good, he's also a true freshman. Sure, he fucked up a couple times—but this is Doog style criticism.

"Peters has problems with the double move." Yeah, no shit.

So you're telling me true freshmen make freshmen mistakes? Whoa. My brain is melting.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    So not a hot ticket?
  • Options
    edited November 2014

HuskyJW said:

Pros

Cons

Baker is good, he's also a true freshman. Sure, he fucked up a couple times—but this is Doog style criticism.

So you're telling me true freshmen make freshmen mistakes? Whoa. My brain is melting.
    I didn't say Baker wasn't good (he's not...he might be one day but he's not now....but I didn't say that in original post)

I said he got beat like a drum.

Hence safety is a glaring issue.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter
    Another poaster, can't recall who at the moment, brought up the Washington and Coleman's lack of vision. We don't see a lot of cut back from either of them. If the hole is exact where and when it's supposed to be, they'll make it, but they don't seem to be able to bounce off blocks that well.
  • Options
    HuskyJW said:

HuskyJW said:

Pros

Cons

I didn't say Baker wasn't good (he's not...he might be one day but he's not now....but I didn't say that in original post)

Budda got beat a couple times. Budda also made some nice plays. Budda is inconsistent. Budda is a freshman.

Fuck's sake man.

Doogly analysis is doogly.

Of course I'm worried about the safeties at WSU, but if you asked me would I be surprised if Budda had a pick six at Pullman, I would say no. Because he's not bad 'right now' - he's bad sometimes and good sometimes right now.

He's... (wait for it) inconsistent.
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    I remember at the start of the year, particularly after EWU, how UW was going to be ass raped via the air with the weak play of the secondary.

• Options
    edited November 2014
    dnc said:

HuskyJW said:

HuskyJW said:

Pros

Cons

Disagree.

He has a couple of weaknesses but he's a damn good player already. Major lol at "he might be (good) one day".
    Damn good might be a bit strong...but hey whatevs. Just because he has the potential to be good...doesn't mean he is. He's coming along but my point of getting beat like a drum still stands.

• Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

Meek said:

So not a hot ticket?

1. TSIO
    2. 7:30pm
    3. November
    4. OSU
    5. ?
    6. profit #stadiumdefault
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Baker is also a great open field tackler right now. He's going to be an all time great if he stays healthy.
  • Options
    kh83kh83 Member Posts: 596
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    In Coleman's case, the lack of cutback is concerning being as that he's been a tb for a long while. Washington is still young as a tb so to speak, so I'm a little more inclined to give him a pass there for now.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Baker is also a great open field tackler right now. He's going to be an all time great if he stays healthy.

He might be good one day.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,093
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

He might be good one day.
    I need to see a championship.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,424
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Season was a failure
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,910
    Standard Supporter
    Speaking of safetys, what happened to Trevor Walker? Wasn't he Sark's "big-time Texass recruit? How did 155 lb. Kevin King beat him out?
  • Options

Speaking of safetys, what happened to Trevor Walker? Wasn't he Sark's "big-time Texass recruit? How did 155 lb. Kevin King beat him out?

Injured.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,446

Walker was more a SS type and was beat out by Baker for that position. He has since had a season-ending injury. King and Beaver were primarily competing for the FS position. I am unhappy with King as a starting safety, but I haven't been thrilled with Beaver either.

15 practices and an offseason should help.