Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Officer Wilson goes free with no charge

Comments

• Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
  • Options
    Your_MomYour_Mom Member Posts: 393
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited November 2014

The coverage by the media was a big reason the prosecution lost the case.

Actually, if you listen to any legal scholar or law professor or prosecuting professional or defense professional that has commented today (after they reviewed the transcripts of the grand jury)... the vast majority of them say the main reason the prosecution didn't get charges... was because the prosecution handled this like a "cover your ass" case, not like a case in which he was actually trying to get charges. He did not subject the officer to anything close to the normal rigorous cross examination to his testimony. The grand jury was a white wash (yes... pun intended).

Not saying the cop was guilty of anything, just saying the prosecutor running the grand jury didn't do his job. He covered his ass. He is a politician... and he probably didn't want the police union pissed at him.
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Your_Mom said:

Actually, if you listen to any legal scholar or law professor or prosecuting professional or defense professional that has commented today (after they reviewed the transcripts of the grand jury)... the vast majority of them say the main reason the prosecution didn't get charges... was because the prosecution handled this like a "cover your ass" case, not like a case in which he was actually trying to get charges. He did not subject the officer to anything close to the normal rigorous cross examination to his testimony. The grand jury was a white wash (yes... pun intended).

Not saying the cop was guilty of anything, just saying the prosecutor running the grand jury didn't do his job. He covered his ass. He is a politician... and he probably didn't want the police union pissed at him.
    He probably found it hard to counter the following facts:

Kid stole
    Kid tried to steal the cops gun
    Kid punches cop in face
    Kid got shot
    Kid ran towards the cop like he was going to tackle him
  • Options
    Your_Mom said:

washingtontimes.com/news/2014/nov/25/legal-scholars-praise-ferguson-grand-jury-fairness/

Your turn.
  • Options
    no_uhno_uh Member Posts: 760
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited November 2014
    Your_Mom said:

The way I think this played out (FWIW I work in a courthouse)... The DAs have discretion on what charges they want to bring. They looked at the evidence and didn't find that there was enough evidence to get a conviction on any of the crimes that went to grand jury, well, because there wasn't. At best, there was probable cause, but that's ignoring the obvious self-defense aspect and all the other evidence that basically shows that the grand jury made the right decision. DAs/Prosecutors don't generally take it to a grand jury unless there's a lot more than probable cause because the burden for a conviction is so much higher and nobody wants to waste time and money. Still, if they don't seek any indictment or take it to grand jury they know they are fucked. So, they do a CYOA for political reasons and give everything to the grand jury while not recommending a finding. I'm fine with it. All the evidence suggests that Michael Brown was a dumbass at best and this isn't some thing where he got killed only because of his skin color. Not letting a cop out of their SUV and then punching them or grabbing their gun is FS.
  • Options

You can tell Passion lost the war when all he can do is send hilarious PMs and flag posts that prove his worthlessness in this discussion.

I would like him to know what he sees we don't.

I have posted pictures of a cop who was beat.

I have posted articles that show blood was in the car, the kids blood.

I have posted an article that says the grand jury was fair.

He does hilarious PMs and flag posts.

• Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    That noted cop-hater Damone doesn't see the problem with militarized, trigger-happy cops speaks volumes.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

That noted cop-hater Damone doesn't see the problem with militarized, trigger-happy cops speaks volumes.

What makes you think that I dont see a problem with militarized trigger happy cops? I've said that I do several times As always, fuck the police. But that opinion dues not affect the facts of this specific case.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Oh I agree that this case was legally not going to result in a conviction. The institutional issues were much more important.
  • Options
    Your_MomYour_Mom Member Posts: 393
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper Photogenic
    topdawgnc said:

Your_Mom said:

washingtontimes.com/news/2014/nov/25/legal-scholars-praise-ferguson-grand-jury-fairness/

Your turn.
    The WashingtonTimes? You might as well be quoting Rush Limpdick.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,475
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2014
    The War on Drugs is pretty much the main culprit plaguing the black community. When you throw people in violent jails for violence-less crimes and the vast majority of them are a minority that breeds big time resentment from the community and allows for the violence that follows that perpetuates racial stereotypes.

It's not the whole solution, but it's a start. The numbers are ridiculous, and i think enough people on this bored have smoked weed, racked lines, talked shit, and got away with it to understand it's bullshit.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,443
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Doogles said:

The War on Drugs is pretty much the main culprit plaguing the black community. When you throw people in violent jails for violence-less crimes and the vast majority of them are a minority that breeds big time resentment from the community and allows for the violence that follows that perpetuates racial stereotypes.

It's not the whole solution, but it's a start. The numbers are ridiculous, and i think enough people on this bored have smoked weed, racked lines, talked shit, and got away with it to understand it's bullshit.

Note to YourMom: this is a far more effective argument that Rush!!!111!!!!

Please try to do better in the future. You must be a conservative troll trying to make real liberals look bad
  • Options
    Your_Mom said:

topdawgnc said:

Your_Mom said:

Your turn.
    Seriously! Just pull something from FAUX news! ROFL!!1
  • Options
    Your_Mom said:

topdawgnc said:

Your_Mom said:

Your turn.
    “I’ve represented top officials in the Manhattan District Attorney’s office, and they’ve told me that for the past 25 years, every single cop-shooting case has resulted in a presentation — just like this one — of every shred of evidence that’s available — even when the prosecutor thinks it’s a justifiable shoot,” said legal analyst Paul Callan.

newyork.cbslocal.com/2014/11/25/legal-experts-weigh-in-on-evidence-testimony-presented-to-ferguson-grand-jury/

Not sure if you want to continue to stand by your "any legal scholar comment" ...
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2014
    topdawgnc said:

You can tell Passion lost the war when all he can do is send hilarious PMs and flag posts that prove his worthlessness in this discussion.

I would like him to know what he sees we don't.

I have posted pictures of a cop who was beat.

I have posted articles that show blood was in the car, the kids blood.

I have posted an article that says the grand jury was fair.

He does hilarious PMs and flag posts.

Passion November 25
    Obviously you didn't read my first message. I didn't just say, "I know because I'm an attorney" and 2) blacks get shot by the cops more often." I explained how the St. Louis prosecutor manipulated and morphed the grand jury process to produce "facts" in the greatest light to darren wilson. Plus, wilson was simply allowed to give a lengthy speech to the grand jury about his version of the event, and what a great guy he is. There was no cross examination.

And YES, the cop DID do something wrong. He shot an unarmed guy MULTIPLE times. That BY ITSELF warrants a trial so that a jury can hear both sides of a case.

Your comment that blacks should "focus on not shooting each other" is also misleading. Yes, 93% of black Americans are killed by other black Americans. But guess what - 84% of white Americans are killed by white Americans. But of course, the media (and racially biased people) don't bother to throw out that statistic.

Here is a news story that discusses this and other issues (including a complete refutation of rudy guiliani's stupid comments): news.yahoo.com/police-brutality-rudy-giuliani-says-black-black-crime-223043538.html

MikeDamone November 25
    Your stats are misleading in that you neglect to include that about 50% of the deaths of young black men are by homicide vs about 10% of young white men in the same age group.

You didn't explain anything in any detail other than saying the prosecutor manipulated the grand jury. And yes, you certainly implied that since you are an attorney you have more authority to comment than us "Perry Masons".

Are you saying that every time a cop shoots and unarmed person the cop should always stand trial for murder? Or just if the person shot is black? What if a black cop shoots an unarmed person? Are you outraged that an unarmed person was shot by a cop in Utah and won't go trial?

You're not about justice for all. Your about race baiting. Simple fact.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Surprised he hasn't pmed you "link?" yet. Then after you submit the link you won't receive another reply or the classic "that's your source?" Rebuttle.
  • Options
    RoadHarv55RoadHarv55 Member Posts: 88
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    When's the next clan meeting at the Taki?
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,443
    Swaye's Wigwam

When's the next clan meeting at the Taki?

Burn!