Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Taylor Rapp 2016, Junior Year Highlights

CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
hudl.com/athlete/2004983/highlights/204261379

UW offered towards the start of the year; Arizona State, Oregon and Boise followed shortly after.

Really like what I saw. Excellent hips. He could be a big SS for us, or maybe move down to LB'er if he isn't fast enough. Good player, would love to get him on board.

Comments

• biak1biak1 Member Posts: 4,086
    He's going to UW. ;-) or whatever the official winky face is.
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    Rapp could be one of these 3* guys that becomes an all conference player. The type of recruit that wouldn't bring the sizzle that the Lemon Party trio loves but is a damn solid pickup.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    3 things stand out to me:

1) He seems to see the field very well and the game never looks too fast for him - that's one of the first things I look for when evaluating a player

2) He clearly loves to hit and hits hard

3) You look at how he uses his leverage in situations and you can see that not only has he been well coached, but he also listens to the coaching.

The kind of solid player you want in a program.
  • CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    edited January 2015
    Bump... Mostly because I think he commits in the next two months... @biak1‌ seems to be dialed in on this one.

I think he is a potential three year type starter. Love, love, love his film.
  • doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    Gonna need to ask @RoadDawg55‌ if signing an Asian-American player is acceptable.

Gonna need to ask @RoadDawg55‌ if signing an Asian-American player is acceptable.

You act like @RoadDawg55‌ is dialed in???

I realize that this isn't the NBA ... but still ...
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter

my favorite play is at the 1:37 mark. It is basically textbook from start to finish, and when you watch the video's from UW spring ball and fall camp you will see them do drills that he does on the play. He chops his feet when the ball carrier gets the ball (meaning, he doesn't go full speed and lose his mind and miss a tackle *John Timu). He leverages perfectly, he hits low at the thighs and brings his arms and wraps up the legs. It is picture perfect.

I am in love.

Hadn't watched until now. He's a player.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

my favorite play is at the 1:37 mark. It is basically textbook from start to finish, and when you watch the video's from UW spring ball and fall camp you will see them do drills that he does on the play. He chops his feet when the ball carrier gets the ball (meaning, he doesn't go full speed and lose his mind and miss a tackle *John Timu). He leverages perfectly, he hits low at the thighs and brings his arms and wraps up the legs. It is picture perfect.

I am in love.

Cursing isn't allowed here but NAMBLA lust is?

I am in love.

Cursing isn't allowed here but NAMBLA lust is?
    Yes.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter
    edited March 2015
    STAY AWAY FROM HIM STANFORD!
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,545 Founders Club

I never fault the kids for choosing a Stanford education.
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,708 Swaye's Wigwam

I'm feeling confident that between the two choices of

and

that Rapp will make the right decision.
    I'm hearing that Butler Cabin has taken a minute away from preparing for the Masters to make a comment on Rapp + Stanford
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    Looks like he just committed!

#hashtagwoof