Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Anyone watching UW vs Pacific?

GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
Founders Club
Game isn't on TV where I am -- how are we looking? How many bricks 3s has Andrews jacked up? How many blocks does Upshaw have?

Comments

• Options
    HuskyHalfBrainHuskyHalfBrain Member Posts: 1,160
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Jarreau is still garbage and he still has another year of eligibility -- fuck.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Won by 6? uhh
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I didn't see it but looked at the box score. Another unimpressive night from the huskies as they basically played their starters FT against pacific. 4 players saw 30+ minutes which is not good in a long season. Nor is it good that we had to play 4 players 30+ minutes vs pacific.

We saw a few things which aren't a surprise but will continue to be an issue as we face better talent. Depth is terrible. Upshaw is a talent, however he has to stay on the floor. When he starts playing guys with similar builds, he's going to have to learn how to operate. 8 minutes of work with 5 fouls. Brutal.

I really don't like being right about players when they go bad, but i almsot wish i was at dm.c to watch these buzzards and their JJ not being an all-american. The guy just isn't that good. Hasn't been his whole career and I really don't see him being good enough to start at a mid range pac12 school right now. Knee injuries take time, so he could have a great 2nd half or next year, but right now he's is pretty much taking up space.

NWG, solid as always.

Dorsey and AA had nice nights according to the box.

Anyone who was really hoping for a ncaa run better hope for a pac12 tourney title. The way the pac12 looks across the board right now isn't going to do itself any favors come selection time. I don't see UW finishing higher than a 4th or 5th(and that is being kind). Gonna be another CBI nail biter.

• Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    more of the same tonight. Too many turnovers, missed FT's, they did shoot better from 3 so there's that.
    Despite the shitastic group of teams in this tournament starting Thursday it honestly wouldn't surprise me if they lost once or twice
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Gladstone said:

Won by 6? uhh

Romar needs another extension
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I wasn't even aware they were playing.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,447
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    dhdawg said:

more of the same tonight. Too many turnovers, missed FT's, they did shoot better from 3 so there's that.
    Despite the shitastic group of teams in this tournament starting Thursday it honestly wouldn't surprise me if they lost once or twice

I can see us losing to San Diego or Xavier in the final.

I don't see us losing to SJSU or the winner of LBSt/WMU. (and yes, I know it took us to OT to beat LBSt last year)
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    LBSU beat KSU and narrowly lost at BYU, they aren't bad, SJSU is awful, so yeah that looks like a win
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    depends on how warm the gym is gents. If the gym is warm we have a shot at shooting north of 35% from 3. If it continues to be too cold our guys just can't play