Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The husky stadium crowd: dumpster fire

Comments

• Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Bring back some of the blue collars. You guys love to call them white trash and South Sound losers (okay, me too), but who really made the noise? It wasn't the senior citizens, or the guys with lissssps drinking appletinis, or some Microsoft nerd transplant from Chicago who isn't a fan.

This post isnt classy at all
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,183
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I stood in the lower bowl the entire game holding a beer didn't have a problem
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,061
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    thechatch said:

Husky stadium has sucked since 1993

The Oregon State game in 1999 was as loud as I've ever heard HS. I had tickets last night but decided against attending. The GF wanted to stay home and sit in the hot tub and fuck, so I measured that against watching mediocre football in the 40 degree wind and made the call.

HTH
    How's your cornhole?
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,430
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Ok a bit of hyperbole on my part but good games since 1993 doesn't mean the gameday experience didn't start sucking from that time.

The band and the general experience started declining under Babs. Part of it was the higher cost, part not understanding that the game is what matters not the other shit.

Even in 2000 there were poorly attended games with a listless crowd.

• Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper

Ok a bit of hyperbole on my part but good games since 1993 doesn't mean the gameday experience didn't start sucking from that time.

The band and the general experience started declining under Babs. Part of it was the higher cost, part not understanding that the game is what matters not the other shit.

Even in 2000 there were poorly attended games with a listless crowd.

I remember the UCLA game being cold, wet, and probably not sold out.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,861
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    phineas said:

Bring back some of the blue collars. You guys love to call them white trash and South Sound losers (okay, me too), but who really made the noise? It wasn't the senior citizens, or the guys with lissssps drinking appletinis, or some Microsoft nerd transplant from Chicago who isn't a fan.

This post isnt classy at all
    But it's accurate
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    If you're going to bash pathetic drinks, I'm out.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,524
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    My wife noticed the line to the Zone and was surprised the stadium still looked relatively full for how many Zima Drinking Zonies were waiting in line.

I get that the Athletic Department needs to pay for the stadium bonds but I can't wait until the get rid of the Zone and move the band and students back to their old location to bring more energy back to the Stadium.

Also, why don't they find someone to volunteer to be Captain Husky? Fuck if they can't find someone, pay someone to do it.
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,599
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    empty spots throughout the whole stadium over half the student section gone....your wife must of put back more than she realized.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    The students only show up if there's something in it for them ... you have to give them a $20 gift card for a $10 ticket to entice them.

I'm torn on things like the zone, etc.

On one hand, I'm there for the game and have enough to drink before the game that I don't need to go to the Zone for another "soda" during the game ... not to mention that we make sure that we have enough "soda's" during the game as it is.

On the other hand, I understand that in games like last night where we're killing them, the season was over 2 months ago, etc. that others are there partly for the football and partly for the social aspect.

As an example, in my group, most are parents with young kids. Getting out to the game is one of the few times that they get to be social. So if the game isn't close, etc. then it's likely that there will be a trip out to the Zone by some of our people so that they can socialize, etc. If the game is close, a big game, etc. they'll never leave.

There's two really simple solutions to this:

1) Bring the Zone inside the stadium so that people don't need to have the excuse to go get their "sodas" without watching the game. If you're concerned about over drinking, etc., then give drink vouchers out or something where you can regulate the number of beverages.

2) The most important one - don't be out of the conference race by mid-October. The number of people that are going to leave their seats when we're in a position to contend for a conference title will be reduced significantly.
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    I like to be able to buy beer at the game and having the option to buy food that *isn't* a cupcake or hotdog.

I guess some here just want it closed down?
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    HFNY said:

My wife noticed the line to the Zone and was surprised the stadium still looked relatively full for how many Zima Drinking Zonies were waiting in line.

I get that the Athletic Department needs to pay for the stadium bonds but I can't wait until the get rid of the Zone and move the band and students back to their old location to bring more energy back to the Stadium.

Also, why don't they find someone to volunteer to be Captain Husky? Fuck if they can't find someone, pay Crazy Larry to do it.

• Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    So, I shouldn't want beer?
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

The beer is cheaper and colder at home and the game is much easier to watch.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,535
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Still need to fire Woodward.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam

The beer is cheaper and colder at home and the game is much easier to watch.
    What if you don't put your beer in the refrigerator at home? Is it still colder then? Ever think of that?
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,599
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Tequilla said:

The students only show up if there's something in it for them ... you have to give them a $20 gift card for a $10 ticket to entice them.

On one hand, I'm there for the game and have enough to drink before the game that I don't need to go to the Zone for another "soda" during the game ... not to mention that we make sure that we have enough "soda's" during the game as it is.

On the other hand, I understand that in games like last night where we're killing them, the season was over 2 months ago, etc. that others are there partly for the football and partly for the social aspect.

As an example, in my group, most are parents with young kids. Getting out to the game is one of the few times that they get to be social. So if the game isn't close, etc. then it's likely that there will be a trip out to the Zone by some of our people so that they can socialize, etc. If the game is close, a big game, etc. they'll never leave.

1) Bring the Zone inside the stadium so that people don't need to have the excuse to go get their "sodas" without watching the game. If you're concerned about over drinking, etc., then give drink vouchers out or something where you can regulate the number of beverages.

2) The most important one - don't be out of the conference race by mid-October. The number of people that are going to leave their seats when we're in a position to contend for a conference title will be reduced significantly.

Game was still close before half.

Social scene? Oh so you can go show off your new North face coat and boots and talk about your kids new teacher? pick up the phone and call a friend.
    Sounds like a great place for the kids, a bunch of drunks slamming appletini's. Sounds like you need new friends Tequilla. If you are nearing or over 40 with kids and you are getting wasted at the zone? Time to find a beach with the wife.

Like I said if the game meant something late into the year the fans would still scurry down there to drink watered down piss.

But whatever, it is what it is. Winning hopefully cures all.
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

Passion said:

Husky stadium has sucked since 1993

Disagree. Go back and look at the Willie Hurst spin move video, circa 2000. Crowd filled in the closed end and was going crazy.
    No bullshit, my handle was a hair's breath away from being "WillyHurstSpinMove".... Passion is your name actually Jeff Holdridge? (Guy I went to school with and always talked about that move)
    Nope, not my name.

I gotta be honest - I prefer "WillyHurstSpinMove" over "WilburHooksHands." No offense.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,524
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    FTFY
    jecornel said:

Tequilla said:

Game was still close before half.

Social scene? Oh so you can go show off your new North face coat and boots and talk about your kids new teacher? pick up the phone and call a friend.
    Sounds like a great place for the kids, a bunch of drunks slamming appletini's. Sounds like you need new friends Tequilla. If you are nearing or over 40 with kids and you are getting wasted at the zone? Time to find a beach with the wife. step away from the keyboard, take a walk, and gain some perspective

Like I said if the game meant something late into the year the fans would still scurry down there to drink watered down piss.

But whatever, it is what it is. Winning hopefully cures all.