Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Simple travel fact

Comments

• Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Yup... fucking gate lice.
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

I had never heard that term before.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Fucking Vanilla won't let me post a couple of links regarding gate lice. Anyway, Google the term and you'll find a lot reference to it.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Gate lice. Bravo Zulu. Bet it feels awesome schlepping all these idiots around. (gay winkie face)
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Gate Lice is THE WORST

Anymore I try and plan trips where I can assure myself of boarding directly from the airline lounge
  • Options
    I travel about 50% of the time, down from 70%. And I go Southwest. I know people think it is white trash, fact ... same peeps who fly other carriers are the same peeps who fly SWA.

End of day, I don't have the above problem ... onboarding is better managed, the flight attendants are better, and the seats are more comfortable. Yes, I could be platinum on American ... but I prefer SWA's reward program so I can fly my family for free on my schedule.

SWA's companion pass is worth its invaluable.
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    There's nothing wrong with flying Southwest. The white trash side of their passengers hasn't really been true for 15-20 years. They have higher fares usually and the boarding process prevents gate lice from being an issue.

Now, change planes on Delta in Atlanta? Whew....
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,861
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    I don't travel a lot, but avoid US Air if possible. Stupid stewardess skipped over me for drinks once because I didn't directly look at her. It's cheap but you get what you pay for. It seems like half of them are unattractive cunts on all airlines but US Air is a little worse.
  • Options
    Founders Club

I don't travel a lot, but avoid US Air if possible. Stupid stewardess skipped over me for drinks once because I didn't directly look at her. It's cheap but you get what you pay for. It seems like half of them are unattractive cunts on all airlines but US Air is a little worse.

I've never flown on USAir, but I can understand the nastiness from their employees. It's one of those legacy airlines that has gone through BK, pay cuts, and mergers. Morale must be super low. If I have to fly internationally, I'll go on Delta. I know people complain about Delta, but I've had good experiences with them. They've been put through the BK & merger ringer too, but their employees have always been professional. I flew on them a lot during their 2003 BK year and they were always nice.
  • Options

Damn ... that's quite the grudge.

But I love it.
  • Options
    NotTheCaseNotTheCase Member Posts: 28
    First Anniversary Photogenic 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    topdawgnc said:

End of day, I don't have the above problem ... onboarding is better managed, the flight attendants are better, and the seats are more comfortable. Yes, I could be platinum on American ... but I prefer SWA's reward program so I can fly my family for free on my schedule.

Better compared to who?

I had to fly Southwest from San Antonio to Vegas (only direct flight). My flight attendant was a greasy dude named Kenny, with a goatee and pony tail. Other than Kenny, some lame ass jokes over the intercom, and Internet that didn't work for shit, my middle seat was a real pleasurable experience.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    I hated Love Field so that added up to a lot of the reason I hate flying Southwest ... that and their flight schedule out of Dallas and how many stop overs you have.

That being said, if you're flying directly, there's no problem with them at all.
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

I hated Love Field so that added up to a lot of the reason I hate flying Southwest ... that and their flight schedule out of Dallas and how many stop overs you have.

That being said, if you're flying directly, there's no problem with them at all.

I love Love Field.

Completely redone, easy in and easy out (just like my bitches) ... and the Wright Amendment is history.
  • Options

topdawgnc said:

Better compared to who?

I had to fly Southwest from San Antonio to Vegas (only direct flight). My flight attendant was a greasy dude named Kenny, with a goatee and pony tail. Other than Kenny, some lame ass jokes over the intercom, and Internet that didn't work for shit, my middle seat was a real pleasurable experience.
    But how does it make it a bad airline.
  • Options
    topdawgnc said:

Tequilla said:

I love Love Field.

Completely redone, easy in and easy out (just like my bitches) ... and the Wright Amendment is history.
    I remember one morning I had a 7:30 flight and I got to Love at about 6:30 and decided to use the super sneaky back way into the terminal since I didn't want to go through the normal line.

I don't think I've ever run faster to the gate than I did after standing in that line for 50 minutes since my boss was on the flight. He wasn't impressed and I got an earful about being places early, etc.

My line of thinking says that if you are standing in line for over an hour at security, that's the airports problem. It's definitely not a problem like that at DFW.
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

topdawgnc said:

Tequilla said:

I love Love Field.

I remember one morning I had a 7:30 flight and I got to Love at about 6:30 and decided to use the super sneaky back way into the terminal since I didn't want to go through the normal line.

I don't think I've ever run faster to the gate than I did after standing in that line for 50 minutes since my boss was on the flight. He wasn't impressed and I got an earful about being places early, etc.

My line of thinking says that if you are standing in line for over an hour at security, that's the airports problem. It's definitely not a problem like that at DFW.
    EL! OH! EL!

Super sneaky back way was one line that took longer because everyone went to the super sneaky back way thinking it was faster. Rookie.

Love Field > DFW

Simple fact.
  • Options
    Toppy is clearly the #LoveFieldSuperiorityGuy

I should have called him to get dialed in.