Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Tequilla Quick Thought

Comments

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2014
    Tequilla said:

Most important stat for a QB is wins and losses ...

It's so easy to get a rise out of the Locker haters on this board ...

They are also so quick to point out the times that Locker sucked, but they never point out the times where he was really good.

Way to contradict yourself. If wins and losses are now important, than Miles' 6-4 record as a starter is a lot better than Jake Locker's.
  • Options
    CanardCanard Member Posts: 504
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Lockner made Bo Pelini look like a genius. That was next to impossible, but 4/20 passing will do it.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

They are also so quick to point out the times that Locker sucked, but they never point out the times where he was really good.

Way to contradict yourself. If wins and losses are now important, than Miles' 6-4 record as a starter is a lot better than Jake Locker's.
    So you're saying that the talent around Locker is as good as Miles?

Locker was better than many would care to admit in the retrospect. His ability to convert on drives where he had the opportunity to tie or win the game late in the 4th was actually at a fairly high level.

He may have had some top end talent around him ... but the depth on those teams wasn't where it needed to be.

Stats on a bad team don't really matter that much and stats on a good team may be muted. It's why I say that I often don't give a shit about stats. Wins are what matters in the grand scheme of things. It's why Brady will always be greater than Manning to me because Brady's got no problem handing the ball off 50x a game if that is what is needed to win the game whereas Manning will always default to wanting to throw the football.

Surely you aren't trying to twist my comment into suggesting that Miles >>> Locker, are you?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2014
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Locker was better than many would care to admit in the retrospect. His ability to convert on drives where he had the opportunity to tie or win the game late in the 4th was actually at a fairly high level.

He may have had some top end talent around him ... but the depth on those teams wasn't where it needed to be.

Stats on a bad team don't really matter that much and stats on a good team may be muted. It's why I say that I often don't give a shit about stats. Wins are what matters in the grand scheme of things. It's why Brady will always be greater than Manning to me because Brady's got no problem handing the ball off 50x a game if that is what is needed to win the game whereas Manning will always default to wanting to throw the football.

Surely you aren't trying to twist my comment into suggesting that Miles >>> Locker, are you?
    So wins aren't the most important stat for a QB? Please write another four paragraphs to answer that.
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Fuck that give me Kessler. Thanks Lane
  • Options
    edited November 2014

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

So wins aren't the most important stat for a QB? Please write another four paragraphs to answer that.
    I recommend that you go take a walk on the beach and gain some perspective since you've seemingly struggled lately with having perspective.

If you can't realize the point that I was making and instead are going to resort to twisting, then wow, just wow.

And if you want to talk about contradicting yourself, take a look at your posts Saturday/Sunday and then go back and listen to the podcast ... your flip flopping would have made John Kerry or any other BS politician proud.

Blah Blah Blah Fuck off.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

I recommend that you go take a walk on the beach and gain some perspective since you've seemingly struggled lately with having perspective.

If you can't realize the point that I was making and instead are going to resort to twisting, then wow, just wow.

And if you want to talk about contradicting yourself, take a look at your posts Saturday/Sunday and then go back and listen to the podcast ... your flip flopping would have made John Kerry or any other BS politician proud.
    I asked for four paragraphs.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Divided fan base
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    edited November 2014
    If we had all those secret visit recruits and 5 star runner ups on our roster we'd be undefeated.

in other news, if i was 100 million dollars richer, i'd be fucking kate upton.

had i picked the right powerball tickets, i'd be fucking kate upton.

if we were undefeated, kate upton would be fucking me
  • Options

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

I asked for four paragraphs.
    Fixed for you
  • Options
    RavennaDawgRavennaDawg Member Posts: 846
    Name Dropper Photogenic 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Locker with a coach who was smart and open-minded enough to let him run the Newton/Tebow offense would have won a ton of games. 986 rushing yards is a lot, I think at the time the conference record for a frosh, and still the record for a qb.
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

Locker with a coach who was smart and open-minded enough to let him run the Newton/Tebow offense would have won a ton of games. 986 rushing yards is a lot, I think at the time the conference record for a frosh, and still the record for a qb.

800 of those came against Syracuse.
  • Options
    RavennaDawgRavennaDawg Member Posts: 846
    Name Dropper Photogenic 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,570
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Hahahaha at the Locker's kiss picture. I always LOL at that shit.

What non-inbred family does that?!
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

Cool story bro.

Still doesn't reference how he would bounce the ball off of a cheerleaders ass with a deep wide open receiver.
  • Options
    SevenElevenSevenEleven Member Posts: 318
    Tequilla said:

Your right about that. Lockner's got every other Husky QB beat on loss total.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Hahahaha at the Locker's kiss picture. I always LOL at that shit.

What non-inbred family does that?!

Lots of families kiss. With tongue? Not so much.
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,292
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Canard said:

It's heartening to see that not everyone has forgotten just how hard Locker sucked as a QB.

Since we're dealing in hypos, what if Lockner had been a consensus AA free safety? would sark still be coaching UW without those embarrassing defensive collapses that marked his tenure?

Yeah but what if Lockner had gone to Oregon?
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,405
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    What if you went back in time and killed your two dads?