Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

How many pick 6's has Timu dropped this year?

I recall two before fucking hurting himself on this one that were at crucial moments. If this dude had made the step forward expected from junior to senior year we have a few more W's.... (don't care that he had 2 already, he's dropped another easy 3 I believe right in his hands with just a QB and OL to chase him down)

Comments

• Options
    bigccbigcc Member Posts: 893
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited November 2014
    This article alludes to there being 3 already by the OREGON game, I know for a fact one was in the stanford game, how many has he dropped with the AZ one now included that he could've taken to the house?
    http://www.uwdawgpound.com/2014/10/18/7001423/oregon-washington-final-score-recap

"John Timu has now dropped three interceptions on the year. His dropped pick early in the first quarter could have been a Shaq Thompson impersonation, i.e. a touchdown."
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    You can't expect a LB to make every easy interception, hell you can't even expect a corner too. Yes, he COULD have a couple more, and it would be huge if he did, but I'm sure every team has a few of those every year. Defensive players don't usually have great ball skills.
  • Options
    these were wide open in the flat, he's a senior linebacker, I'm talking wide open easy drops not diving and wrestling it away from a TE, look up the stanford drop for example....
  • Options
    bigcc said:

these were wide open in the flat, he's a senior linebacker, I'm talking wide open easy drops not diving and wrestling it away from a TE, look up the stanford drop for example....

I know. I remember it well. That's why I said you can't expect them to make every "easy interception", not every "diving and wrestling it away interception".
  • Options
    H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    MisterEm said:

The over/under is always 5.

Iron Law Section 14a.

Of the Enumclaw Section 14a's?
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    edited November 2014
    dnc said:

You can't expect a LB to make every easy interception, hell you can't even expect a corner too. Yes, he COULD have a couple more, and it would be huge if he did, but I'm sure every team has a few of those every year. Defensive players don't usually have great ball skills.

I seriously want to stab you right now for "and that's why he plays defense" keeps going off in my head from way too many hours of madden and NCAA football on playstation
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,475
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Insert Dr. Evil 1 trillion gif.
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685

dnc said:

I seriously want to stab you right now for "and that's why he plays defense" keeps going off in my head from way too many hours of madden and NCAA football on playstation
    Sounds like a you problem.

HTH
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    MisterEm said:

dnc said:

Sounds like a you problem.

HTH
    Owned
  • Options
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    yeah, I never said all of them, if it had just been this game I wouldn't have mentioned it, I'd at least like my LB to be able to play catch and hold on to the ball when its tossed into both your hands uninterrupted. Am I the only one underwhelmed by timu? He makes those interceptions, we beat AZ, Beat Stanford, start 7-0 on the first play of the game vs. Oregon......

Our senior 3 time captain at MLB with the best DT in the country eating two blockers, a top 10-15 pick at LB beside him, yet he misses tackles, drops game sealing gimmes (we can make threads bashing cooper and his ACL's but not Timu and his ineptitude?).......

Am I the only one who remembers royce freeman making timu eat dirt the whole game?

Put Donald Butler in there and think we still are complaining about the defense? Mason Foster?
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    bigcc said:

Am I the only one who remembers royce freeman making timu eat dirt the whole game?

No.

Timu is just another warm-body with two opposable thumbs occupying a scholarship. He wasn't ever a guy who's gonna return 5+ picks.

Still takes bad angles and finds himself out of place - just like his freshman campaign.
  • Options
    MisterEm said:

bigcc said:

No.

Timu is just another warm-body with two opposable thumbs occupying a scholarship. He wasn't ever a guy who's gonna return 5+ picks.

Still takes bad angles and finds himself out of place - just like his freshman campaign.
    Thats the part thats odd he seemingly hasn't progressed at all on a year-year basis, which is quite unusual for a LB.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The one against Arizona was hardly a drop. He got one hand on the ball. He had two clear drops. Oregon and Stanford.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,709
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited November 2014
    No one who does stupid shit in the offseason ever follows it up with a good year. Kasen, ASJ, Timu, Cyler, STRING.

Its almost like he was more worried about leading the team in court-ordered community service than in squat reps.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,570
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    TUFF to catch the ball when a ponytail is swinging back and forth in your vision....
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    dnc said:

Maybe not all of them, but he can do a little better than 1 for 6.
  • Options

dnc said:

Agreed. He's 2 for 4.
  • Options
    dnc said:

dnc said:

Agreed. He's 2 for 4.
    Arizona, Stanford, Oregon.... top of the head, all 3 he got two hands on and would have been a jog for a pick 6