Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Back to Back Shelton GIFs

2»

Comments

• Options
    H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

brchco12 said:

i said TIA for a reason...

my only guess is 2nd quarter about 3 minutes left, Arizona rush play for 1 yard at the washington 38.

You might have been talking about Qualls, had 1 real great play just after the play above...

And another nearly great play if he sheds to the QB. Blew that guard up.
    Qualls has really impressed. I'm curious how they'll use him next year, whether they keep him at NT like they have this year (being Shelton's back-up) or if they'll slide him over to DT to take Evan Hudson's spot and leave the NT position to Vea/Gaines.

Next year's DL might be pretty good if we have Vea at NT, Qualls at DT and Mathis/Dissly at DE.
    I agree there are some reasons to be optimistic but we will still feel the loss of Shelton. As this GIFtastic thread has highlighted, Shelton is a beast.
  • Options
    bigccbigcc Member Posts: 893
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited November 2014
    Blows my mind some people see him going in the 2nd round......

He's a fucking NT who not only is beastly against the run enough to lead the team in tackles, but he obliterates qb's (correct me if another DT in the country has more sacks) and runs out on screens quick enough to MAKE THE TACKLE......

Can you imagine this dude next to watt and clowney?
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    bigcc said:

Blows my mind some people see him going in the 2nd round......

He's a fucking NT who not only is beastly against the run enough to lead the team in tackles, but he obliterates qb's (correct me if another DT in the country has more sacks) and runs out on screens quick enough to MAKE THE TACKLE......

Can you imagine this dude next to watt and clowney?

Agreed, if he's not a first round DT I don't know who is.
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,118
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    chuck said:

brchco12 said:

what about the play he beat the double team and tackled the running back with his helmet for a loss

TIA

Probably the same play i mentioned in another thread where I suggested some Shelton GIFs. He submarines a double team and gets through just enough, and at exactly the right time, to make contact with the back's legs and take him out. It was bad ass. I think it was actually a TFL, not a one yard gain. Can't remember the situation or time of the game though.
    That's the play, I don't know how to search for it
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

brchco12 said:

i said TIA for a reason...

my only guess is 2nd quarter about 3 minutes left, Arizona rush play for 1 yard at the washington 38.

You might have been talking about Qualls, had 1 real great play just after the play above...

And another nearly great play if he sheds to the QB. Blew that guard up.
    Ooooo.... My.
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    If I had to guess I think they will replace Evan Hudson with Dissly (LONG arms much like Hudson). I think Mathis will take over for Andrew Hudson, and Qualls will take Danny's spot.
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Qualls had a line busting play that looked like #55 from afar. I double checked the number. He will be a beast.

Also intrigued with Mathis and Lawyer.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,629
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The only problem with Qualls is that I don't think he's ever going to be that big. He's not a natural 300 pounder. I'm sure he'll be strong as hell and is a crazy good athlete, but 340 pounds is hard to emulate with 295lbs at a position that has to fight off double teams most of the game.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,449
    chuck said:

The only problem with Qualls is that I don't think he's ever going to be that big. He's not a natural 300 pounder. I'm sure he'll be strong as hell and is a crazy good athlete, but 340 pounds is hard to emulate with 295lbs at a position that has to fight off double teams most of the game.

That's why I think Qualls will be the DT next year (replacing Hudson) while Vea and Gaines (who are 340 and 320 respectively) will replace Shelton at the NT. Since both Vea and Gaines are redshirting this year, Qualls is filling in at NT while Tupou backs up Hudson at DT. Once Vea and Gaines are ready to play next year, they'll slide in as the 1 and 2 at NT, allowing them to put Qualls in as the 1 at DT.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

chuck said:

That's why I think Qualls will be the DT next year (replacing Hudson) while Vea and Gaines (who are 340 and 320 respectively) will replace Shelton at the NT. Since both Vea and Gaines are redshirting this year, Qualls is filling in at NT while Tupou backs up Hudson at DT. Once Vea and Gaines are ready to play next year, they'll slide in as the 1 and 2 at NT, allowing them to put Qualls in as the 1 at DT.
    Agreed. Qualls will be a beast at DT. Hopefully the Vea hype is legit.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    dnc said:

chuck said:

Speed, speed, speed.
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    dnc said:

chuck said:

The thing to watch with Vea will be his weight and if he sheds the 50lbs he gained.