Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

I'm not sure the Huskies can win on the road at Reser.

Comments

• RaccoonHarryRaccoonHarry Member Posts: 2,160

We need to here from RacoonHarry on this topic. Maybe a 5 reasons version of why Reser is a tuff place to play.

I will prime the pump.

1. Buzzing chainsaw on the PA before 3rd down.

Well, a lot of pretty good teams have gone down at Reser. USC seems to usually have trouble there. Of course in 2010-11, when the Beavs sucked, it wasn't so tough. Sac State would verify that statement. If you're implying the Huskies won't have a problem at Reser this year I would, respectfully of course, disagree. OSU is back to pretty good and we all know the Huskies aren't exactly kings of the road.

Not to be a complete spoil sport with your post I would add a second point to the chainsaw reference (excellent first point, by the way). The PA guy yelling "and that's another OSU FIRST DOWN" after the Beavers move the chains is very intimidating. Admittedly, I don't have any scientific evidence to back up that claim but it just seems so sitting in the stands.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    TheGlove said:

Swaye said:

I know you are being sarcastic but the last time the Huskies won at Oregon State the Florida Marlins were winning the World Series.

That has everything to do with Washington being terrible in football and not from Reser being a Death Valley West.

HTH.
    Again I noted that by stating you are being sarcastic so I was fully aware of where you were going and stated a true statement which was the Huskies haven't won there since 2003.

I know this has everything to do with UW being terrible, just like UW hasn't won at UCLA since 1995 and hasn't defeated ASU since 2001.

Not to mention haven't beaten Oregon since 2003. Hopefully this is the year these long losing streaks finally end.
    I hope the streaks end also. The problem is, our dumbass Coach also "hopes" they end. He has no plan based in reality (let's change the offense again) to achieve it, but he hopes it works out. Hope is a terrible strategy, but one that evidently pays over 2 mil per to do.

In closing, fuck Woodward.
    Agree the streaks need to end. There is no reason UW should ever go an entire decade losing to Oregon, an entire decade plus losing to ASU, an entire decade not winning in Corvallis, almost two decades not winning at UCLA.

No reason at all. Like I said in another thread our four most important/swing games on the schedule is vs Boise, at ASU, at UCLA and at Oregon State. To have a successful season you gotta win three of those games then you are on your way to winning 10 games.

However, with this coaching staff I fully expect UW to lose three of those four if not all four.
    so there's no reason at all to lose in Cornvalley? no reason.

well besides "this coaching staff"

what about the last coaching staff? or the one before that?

you act like UW is a football school. bzzzzzzzzzt.

and the Beavs are TUFF at home.
    Only Sark and Ty have lost in Cornvalley. Even Gilbertson shitty ass kicked your guys ass.
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346

TheGlove said:

Swaye said:

I know you are being sarcastic but the last time the Huskies won at Oregon State the Florida Marlins were winning the World Series.

That has everything to do with Washington being terrible in football and not from Reser being a Death Valley West.

HTH.
    Again I noted that by stating you are being sarcastic so I was fully aware of where you were going and stated a true statement which was the Huskies haven't won there since 2003.

I know this has everything to do with UW being terrible, just like UW hasn't won at UCLA since 1995 and hasn't defeated ASU since 2001.

Not to mention haven't beaten Oregon since 2003. Hopefully this is the year these long losing streaks finally end.
    I hope the streaks end also. The problem is, our dumbass Coach also "hopes" they end. He has no plan based in reality (let's change the offense again) to achieve it, but he hopes it works out. Hope is a terrible strategy, but one that evidently pays over 2 mil per to do.

Agree the streaks need to end. There is no reason UW should ever go an entire decade losing to Oregon, an entire decade plus losing to ASU, an entire decade not winning in Corvallis, almost two decades not winning at UCLA.

No reason at all. Like I said in another thread our four most important/swing games on the schedule is vs Boise, at ASU, at UCLA and at Oregon State. To have a successful season you gotta win three of those games then you are on your way to winning 10 games.

However, with this coaching staff I fully expect UW to lose three of those four if not all four.

Only Sark and Ty have lost in Cornvalley. Even Gilbertson shitty ass kicked your guys ass.
    don't forget "Slick" Rick Newweasal ("lol")
    TheGlove said:

TheGlove said:

Swaye said:

HTH.

don't forget "Slick" Rick Newweasal ("lol")
    He was 1-1 down there and 3-1 against you guys overall.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

We'll get our ass kicked.

Every place on the road is hard for Stevie. Bellevue High is a road game....Cream Puff's team would struggle if they had to cross the bridge.

You come into our house, you should get your behind kicked. You don't come into the BHS playing that stuff. You're across the lake over there. You're across the city. You can't come over to our place talking noise like that. You'll get your butt beat. I was about to go down the elevator to get in that thing.....I say, why don't we meet outside in the tunnel after the ball game and get it on some more? You don't come into the BHS, baby. We've had a down couple of years but you don't come in here talking smack. Not in our house.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    People forget after Rick was gone they said he was fired because his soft team without good linemen went 7-6.

People forget after Rick was gone they said he was fired because his soft team without good linemen went 7-6.

I'm sure every Sark fan now during the Ty years was bitching about all the things Rick did that Sark is now currently doing.

They are too stupid to even realize it too is the sad part.

We need to here from RacoonHarry on this topic. Maybe a 5 reasons version of why Reser is a tuff place to play.

I will prime the pump.

Well, a lot of pretty good teams have gone down at Reser. USC seems to usually have trouble there. Of course in 2010-11, when the Beavs sucked, it wasn't so tough. Sac State would verify that statement. If you're implying the Huskies won't have a problem at Reser this year I would, respectfully of course, disagree. OSU is back to pretty good and we all know the Huskies aren't exactly kings of the road.

Not to be a complete spoil sport with your post I would add a second point to the chainsaw reference (excellent first point, by the way). The PA guy yelling "and that's another OSU FIRST DOWN" after the Beavers move the chains is very intimidating. Admittedly, I don't have any scientific evidence to back up that claim but it just seems so sitting in the stands.
    UW will have trouble there. But not because it is a tough place to play, but because OSU has a good team and 7 win Steve is likely to shit the bed.
    Of course in 2010-11, when the Beavs sucked, it wasn't so tough.
    What you're saying is Reser isn't a tough place to play unless OSU is a good team. Brilliant observation. That's why I pay $500 a year for this place.
    The PA guy yelling "and that's another OSU FIRST DOWN" after the Beavers move the chains is very intimidating.
    It's tough in Pullman when they do that too. And jingling their keys at the kickoff sends shivers down my spine.
  • SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,279 Founders Club
    I know it goes against the company line in here but Neuheisel was soft and needed to get his ass fired. This is just a simple observation of fact, not an excuse for the current state of the program. In fact if anything it is an indictment. Hedges had decent options for replacing Neuheisel, including Jim Mora, that would have made sense and avoided the worst stretch in program history. Neuheisel was transforming UDub into UCLA Norte. Bad move. She could have hired a guy, either Mora or someone like him, who understands what Husky Football is all about. Someone who would have focused on the lines and on toughening up the team in general by recruiting and developing players with the right skills and mindset. Instead she punted, moved Gilby up and the wheels came flying off.

I know it goes against the company line in here but Neuheisel was soft and needed to get his ass fired. This is just a simple observation of fact, not an excuse for the current state of the program. In fact if anything it is an indictment. Hedges had decent options for replacing Neuheisel, including Jim Mora, that would have made sense and avoided the worst stretch in program history. Neuheisel was transforming UDub into UCLA Norte. Bad move. She could have hired a guy, either Mora or someone like him, who understands what Husky Football is all about. Someone who would have focused on the lines and on toughening up the team in general by recruiting and developing players with the right skills and mindset. Instead she punted, moved Gilby up and the wheels came flying off.

The smart move would have been let Rick get 2003(year 5) since he did just win a Rose Bowl two years prior. Had he produced another average season at that point you could have hired a legit head coach as the program didn't have a losing season in over a quarter of a century.

Instead they panic over the gambling(it was an NCAA bracket which everyone does including Gilby at the time) and fired him in June. Basically backing themselves into a corner where they had to promote Gilby who had already proven he was not head coach material.

Even then they fucked up as they should have done what Ohio State recently did. Have Gilby be the interim in 2003 then after underachieving to a 6-6, dump him for a real coach. Again no losing season since 1976 you could have found a good coach.

I will prime the pump.

UW will have trouble there. But not because it is a tough place to play, but because OSU has a good team and 7 win Steve is likely to shit the bed.
    What you're saying is Reser isn't a tough place to play unless OSU is a good team. Brilliant observation. That's why I pay $500 a year for this place.
    The PA guy yelling "and that's another OSU FIRST DOWN" after the Beavers move the chains is very intimidating.
    It's tough in Pullman when they do that too. And jingling their keys at the kickoff sends shivers down my spine.

You could say that for anyone though. I mean every team that you think has a great homefield advantage also has that because their teams are good.

The Huskies were considered to have a homefield advantage yet everyone beat the Huskies from 2004-2008 in Husky stadium.

Same goes for the Seahawks who are considered the best homefield advantage yet lost plenty of home games from 2008-2011.

Even Oregon during those average seasons from 2002-04 teams were beating them in Autzen including a 7-6 UW team killed them 42-14.
    I know it goes against the company line in here but Neuheisel was soft and needed to get his ass fired

And that is the rub with the doogs. They will say that Rick was soft and needed to be fired, yet support Sark, who has not won a Rose Bowl, nor popped off. If anything, you could make a case for giving Neuheisal at least another year or two to improve. At least he earned it with acutal wins and a real championship.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,337 Founders Club

Swaye said:

HTH.

Never underestimate the stupidity of the masses. That hopey changey thing got a vapid empty suit elected to the president of the united states.
    Not an empty suit. Obama knows full well what he's doing.
    Knowing what you want to do and knowing what you're doing are not the same thing. Some of you need to learn the difference.

Obama wants to tank the economy. Just watch.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,337 Founders Club

I know it goes against the company line in here but Neuheisel was soft and needed to get his ass fired

And that is the rub with the doogs. They will say that Rick was soft and needed to be fired, yet support Sark, who has not won a Rose Bowl, nor popped off. If anything, you could make a case for giving Neuheisal at least another year or two to improve. At least he earned it with acutal wins and a real championship.

Rick moved Hundley over and hired Phil Snow on his own. He saw that changes were needed and did it without being babysat like Woodward does for Sark.

That being said, I don't think there is a company line here regarding Rick.

Rick moved Hundley over and hired Phil Snow on his own. He saw that changes were needed and did it without being babysat like Woodward does for Sark.

I think the only consensus is what I said previously. Doogs hate Rick, but love Sark.

Sark is Rick without a Rosebowl.

I think the only consensus is what I said previously. Doogs hate Rick, but love Sark.

Sark is Rick without a Rosebowl.
    Rick was funnier
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,448 Founders Club
    We have only pointed out that you don't fire a coach in June. That's when the first split happened. Srctoon14AFuckingStupid and the rest of the cocksuckers were off on a decade plus of being wrong on everything.

Sure we liked to mock them for failing to hire a better coach than Rick for all this time but that doesn't mean we loved the guy. That was what doogs would say when we ripped GilbyTySark.
  • RaccoonHarryRaccoonHarry Member Posts: 2,160

I will prime the pump.

Ah, I think I have this down. When OSU is a good team Reser is a tough venue but when they suck it's not? Shit, I never really thought of it that way. That's why I come here - to be schooled by the deep thinkers. Thanks, man.

To clarify, I hate Reser fucking black/orange accented turf stadium with all the trailer trash black/orange garbed no tooth goobers in the stands, the chain saw sound, the ugly-ass Beaver mascot, Corvallis, basketball coach Robinson-Obama and just about everything Beaver except for maybe nice guy Coach "Four Loss" Riley. Even the cheerleaders aren't that hot.

However, IN MY OPINION I do believe Reser is a tough place to play even when OSU is just a mediocre team. Tougher than just about any Pac-12 venue, save Autzen. I bet USC would say the same thing. The Beavs get up for Washington, maybe not like Oregon does but it will be a war. I don't see the Huskies pulling that one out but I hope I'm wrong.

P.S. The OSU FIRST DOWN reference was tongue in cheek but you probably knew that. Aside from WSU I wonder if any other college does that crap. I've heard it at high schools, which is where it belongs. It's annoying there too.
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295

Swaye said:

HTH.

Never underestimate the stupidity of the masses. That hopey changey thing got a vapid empty suit elected to the president of the united states.
    Knowing what you want to do and knowing what you're doing are not the same thing. Some of you need to learn the difference.

Derek, did you get that from the HardcoreHannity board?

Swaye said:

HTH.

Derek, did you get that from the HardcoreHannity board?
    why don't you leave the joking to Adam