Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Huskies vs. Oregon State depth chart
    No major changes. Dwayne Washington is listed as the starting tailback, followed by Deontae Cooper and Lavon Coleman. Junior offensive guard Dexter Charles is still listed as the backup to Siosifa Tufunga, and John Ross III is still listed as a starting cornerback and backup receiver. Ben Riva is listed as the third-string right tackle behind James Atoe and Coleman Shelton.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Rondeau is starting to look weird. He Bob, the 80's called, It wants it's hairstyle back. The alcohol is definitely taking it's tool.
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

Rondeau is starting to look weird. He Bob, the 80's called, It wants it's hairstyle back. The alcohol is definitely taking it's tool.

You're on a roll today. Stay away from the race stuff.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Rondeau is starting to look weird. He Bob, the 80's called, It wants it's hairstyle back. The alcohol shitty football is definitely taking it's tool.

Maybe...but that is the unmistakable look of an aging alcoholic.

• Options
    Standard Supporter
    Chris Petersen says he would handle Arizona late-game clock management the same if given another chance
    Also: why not call timeout immediately after Arizona’s third-down play, giving the Huskies 25-30 seconds to try to score if Casey Skowron made the kick?

“Your second question, probably the thing I’m most discouraged about that whole thing is that he got a free kick. That was not the intent, and live and learn on that. We practice that every week ourselves, that if they ice you right at the end, you’re going to take a free kick. And so I tried to call timeout a little bit earlier, twice, and for whatever reason it wasn’t called, and that’s on me to make sure that we don’t even mess around with that. So that was probably as frustrating as anything. Going back and looking at it, we looked at our charts again, where we were, I would do exactly the same thing. I would run another play to probably our most sure-handed guy. That didn’t even enter my mind that was going to happen. It really didn’t. I know everybody else was probably thinking that, but it didn’t.”

But what did the Huskies have to lose by calling timeout with 30 seconds left?

“I guess we could have done that, yeah, and had a chance to return something,” Petersen conceded. “I think the main thing is going back to the first part of killing the clock, that whole situation. I would have done that the same. I would have run one more play and see where we were, and if we can run that thing all the way out.”
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,186
    Your chart is wrong asshole.
  • Options
    digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,418
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Rondeau is starting to look weird. He Bob, the 80's called, It wants it's hairstyle back. The alcohol shitty football is definitely taking it's tool.

Maybe...but that is the unmistakable look of an aging alcoholic.

Oh fuck yeah. But the shitty football could not have helped.

I think many of us here have only been able to slog thru these last 20 or so years (aside from the 2000 season) because of the drink.

• Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

I don't have an issue with how that series was called. I would have used all timeouts after Az had the ball, but I highly doubt that would have mattered.

It's easy to look at one or two plays or one or two decisions and go ballistic. That's why I always say we need to look at the overall picture and trends. If Copper doesn't fumble, the whole narrative on the boards is different. Sweatpants are sporting boners, talk of winning out and getting to 10 games, ow UW got a win over a top 15 team that beat Oregon, etc etc. Reminds me of when Sark got the win off the pick 6 off the foot. He got the win and it masked his ineptness in that game. I said it yesterday, taking care of the details are the supposed to Petersen's brand. He isn't doing that. But I do think this is one of the easiest things to correct for a guy that works hard at coaching and is smart enough to understand where changes need to be made. He won't be taking weeks off to go on drinking benders and spend a practice or two working on dance moves.

I agree with Race's assessment that this team is better today than it was in September and they will take a leap forward next year. The players don't quit, the fight through adversity and play tough and hit hard.

With every win or loss their is a massive overreaction by the fans. We are either back or there is no hope. I said after the 5 games that the offense had showed me that this team was not going to be a 10 win team. I was right, but they have improved. Those of you who are the most angry are the ones who were stupid enough get all fucking giddy over Petersen and not realize what it takes to come in and build a program. I mocked Sark over his dude brah act, but was not alarmed after his first year. After the Nebraska bowl win, at the end of year 2, I was optimistic that he figured it out and I was in support of him. Problem is he thought he had it all figured out too and could take his foot off the gas (and put his dick in a waitress)

Right now I am not happy with the lack of attention to detail, but think Petersen is the type of guy who will fix it. 18- 20 games. Stop getting boners over a win and shitting your pants over a loss. This team wins out and goes 9-6. That's my bold prediction.

I feel like I should pay you 20 sven bucks to write my article this week.
  • Options
    You mean 9-5, not 9-6.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

You mean 9-5, not 9-6.

Yeah, but still..
  • Options
    3 seasons is the perfect sample size to gauge any coaches success/future success. Sticking to it.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited November 2014
    Excuse me if I missed it, but did anyone ask about Petersen not stopping the clock with about 35 ticks left?
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    dhdawg said:

Excuse me if I missed it, but did anyone ask about Petersen not stopping the clock with about 35 ticks left?

Many times, it's in there.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Yep, all I had to do was read the whole thing.
    He pretty much dodged it, 35 seconds is plenty of time
  • Options
    TheChartTheChart Member Posts: 76
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper 5 Awesomes
    HuskyJW said:

Your chart is wrong asshole.

Disagree.