Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

After sobering up...

MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Swaye's Wigwam
the right thing to do was to not go into victory formation at that point. Too much could go wrong on a punt. Bad snap, block, fumble, run back for a TD. Running up the middle should be a no brainer and easiest not to fuck up. Almost every coach in the country would have made that call.

That said, being in that position in the first place is another matter. 4 points left on the field because of special teams. 14 points given up right at the end of the half when they should have easily went in at half time 17-7. Miles letting the ball fall out of his feminine hands, unforced, penalties (a couple shitty calls and some non calls). This is the details that Petersen talks about, but has failed to deliver on. Mental mistakes, special teams, unforced errors....these are the details. What pissed me off about sark is he would flap his yapper and not back it up, Petersen goes on about details and hasn't backed it up. This team could easily be 9-3 or 8-2. They play hard, don't give up, and have enough talent to win in the pac12. they should be no worse than asu, utah, arizona or ucla. It's 18-20 games still, Pertersen needs to take a long walk and figure some shit out.

LIFPO and stay tuned. It's going to be interesting in chat this week. ;)

Comments

• Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,520
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    That's what I don't get, it's the too-slow-of-a-pace in fixing the little things rather than over-analyzing one play with counter-factuals that fundamentally matters.

Petersen needs to step it up because of the penalties, still poor QB play, and still spotty pass-blocking / blitz pick-ups will lose a game at home against a bad team coming off an hangover win in Oregon State.
  • Options
    H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

I'm on medical leave from the band wagon; some of you need to learn the difference.

So your saying that legally they have to hold your spot for you?
  • Options
    UWerentThereManUWerentThereMan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,475
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    H_D said:

I'm on medical leave from the band wagon; some of you need to learn the difference.

Yup, but I still have to donate to Derek Johnson Books.
  • Options
    H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

H_D said:

Yup, but I still have to donate to Derek Johnson Books.
    Mutha-fuckin' money grab!
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

the right thing to do was to not go into victory formation at that point. Too much could go wrong on a punt. Bad snap, block, fumble, run back for a TD. Running up the middle should be a no brainer and easiest not to fuck up. Almost every coach in the country would have made that call.

That said, being in that position in the first place is another matter. 4 points left on the field because of special teams. 14 points given up right at the end of the half when they should have easily went in at half time 17-7. Miles letting the ball fall out of his feminine hands, unforced, penalties (a couple shitty calls and some non calls). This is the details that Petersen talks about, but has failed to deliver on. Mental mistakes, special teams, unforced errors....these are the details. What pissed me off about sark is he would flap his yapper and not back it up, Petersen goes on about details and hasn't backed it up. This team could easily be 9-3 or 8-2. They play hard, don't give up, and have enough talent to win in the pac12. they should be no worse than asu, utah, arizona or ucla. It's 18-20 games still, Pertersen needs to take a long walk and figure some shit out.

#whyicameback
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper

More or less what Race should've written.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,341
    Swaye's Wigwam

More or less what Race wrote.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,486
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Went to the Oregon State game last night. Beavers barely even look like a pac 12 team, especially compared to ASU side by side, yet found a way to win the game. On one hand, it is fucking pathetic that UW could not beat ASU, Arizona, Stanford, or UCLA. We should have had Utah's season, or something similar.

On the other hand, the only reason OSU won that game last night is because their quarterback isn't a fucking whiny pussy and threw the ball downfield when his offense wasn't getting him shit in the running game (at that point in the game) and his receivers were dropping easy balls.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,520
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    If our pass-rush can't get to Mannion, it will be a long day for our secondary. But I'm thinking we'll win the battle in the trenches on both sides of the ball, especially with Riva likely being back.
    haie said:

Went to the Oregon State game last night. Beavers barely even look like a pac 12 team, especially compared to ASU side by side, yet found a way to win the game. On one hand, it is fucking pathetic that UW could not beat ASU, Arizona, Stanford, or UCLA. We should have had Utah's season, or something similar.

On the other hand, the only reason OSU won that game last night is because their quarterback isn't a fucking whiny pussy and threw the ball downfield when his offense wasn't getting him shit in the running game (at that point in the game) and his receivers were dropping easy balls.

• Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,183
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I'm off.... Until Petersen stops fucking up and then the team starts to winning then I'm back on
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,474
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Some things can be explained away on transitional woes. Some things, like the clock management at the end of the game, are just fucking inexcusable. Call the TO as soon as it's fourth down, and give your boys a chance.
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Doogles said:

Some things can be explained away on transitional woes. Some things, like the clock management at the end of the game, are just fucking inexcusable. Call the TO as soon as it's fourth down, and give your boys a chance.

Oh for Christ's sake... Stop your sniveling. We played well enough, warts and all to fucking BEAT the # 15 team in the country on the road.

Our senior RB fucked up. So what. Grow a fucking pair.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    I think the best one against the coaches is the fake field goal. Completely unprepared. That eurotrash soccer shit should have been blasted at the LOS.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Special teams is a strong criticism for this year - some highs and a lot of lows
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Mosster47 said:

Take away just one other turnover earlier in the game and that sequence at the end doesn't matter.

Aunt + balls = Cousin
    Alternate math