Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Don Lemon's 5 point plan

MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Swaye's Wigwam
This asshole shows no causation. He is likely a racist..and gay..

Lemon then listed five essential reforms black men need to make:

pull up pants
drop the N-word
take care of their communities
finish high school
lower rate of children born out of wedlock.

“More than 72% of children in the African American community are born out of wedlock,” Lemon continued, emphasizing this point as the top priority. “That means absent fathers. And the studies show that lack of a male role model is an express train right to prison, and the cycle continues.

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,429
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The lack of causation is too big to overlook
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2013
    "studies show that lack of a male role model is an express train right to prison, and the cycle continues."

Really? What studies? I doubt these studies...if they exist, are valid in their conclusions.

Readers of these studies need to consider two types of validity, internal and external. Internal validity means that the study measured what it set out to; external validity is the ability to generalize from the study to the reader. With respect to internal validity, selection bias, information bias, and confounding are present to some degree in all observational research. Selection bias stems from an absence of comparability between groups being studied. Information bias results from incorrect determination of exposure, outcome, or both. The effect of information bias depends on its type. If information is gathered differently for one group than for another, bias results. By contrast, non-differential misclassification tends to obscure real differences. Confounding is a mixing or blurring of effects: a researcher attempts to relate an exposure to an outcome but actually measures the effect of a third factor (the confounding variable). Confounding can be controlled in several ways: restriction, matching, stratification, and more sophisticated multivariate techniques. If a reader cannot explain away study results on the basis of selection, information, or confounding bias, then chance might be another explanation. Chance should be examined last, however, since these biases can account for highly significant, though bogus results. Differentiation between spurious, indirect, and causal associations can be difficult. Criteria such as temporal sequence, strength and consistency of an association, and evidence of a dose-response effect lend support to a causal link.
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Meadowlark Lemon >>>>>>>>>> Don Lemon
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    TheGlove said:

Meadowlark Lemon >>>>>>>>>> Don Lemon

homophobe.
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,246
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

"studies show that lack of a male role model is an express train right to prison, and the cycle continues."

Really? What studies? I doubt these studies...if they exist, are valid in their conclusions.

Readers of these studies need to consider two types of validity, internal and external. Internal validity means that the study measured what it set out to; external validity is the ability to generalize from the study to the reader. With respect to internal validity, selection bias, information bias, and confounding are present to some degree in all observational research. Selection bias stems from an absence of comparability between groups being studied. Information bias results from incorrect determination of exposure, outcome, or both. The effect of information bias depends on its type. If information is gathered differently for one group than for another, bias results. By contrast, non-differential misclassification tends to obscure real differences. Confounding is a mixing or blurring of effects: a researcher attempts to relate an exposure to an outcome but actually measures the effect of a third factor (the confounding variable). Confounding can be controlled in several ways: restriction, matching, stratification, and more sophisticated multivariate techniques. If a reader cannot explain away study results on the basis of selection, information, or confounding bias, then chance might be another explanation. Chance should be examined last, however, since these biases can account for highly significant, though bogus results. Differentiation between spurious, indirect, and causal associations can be difficult. Criteria such as temporal sequence, strength and consistency of an association, and evidence of a dose-response effect lend support to a causal link.

Yea, there's that, but still.

• Options

This asshole shows no causation. He is likely a racist..and gay..($75,000.00)

• Options
    TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary

I don't need to do all that. You can just link us to all the published peer reviewed studies that show a correlation between single mothers and crime. But you wouldn't even know where to look for those would you? Besides "scientists" and their "scientific method" clearly have an agenda. But all these studies that you and Ann Coulter can't stop popping off about are legit. I mean a religious organization did them and "scientists" with their agenda have rejected them at every turn so they must be true.

You don't know what the numbers are. I don't care about anything else. Youve made up your mind and you don't care what the facts are. You can say studies show but you've never seen the studies. You're ignorant, an idiot and kind of an asshole for the way your arguing something you really don't know.

Good day sir.
  • Options

pull up pants
    drop the N-word
    finish high school

“More than 72% of children in the African American community are born out of wedlock,” Lemon continued, emphasizing this point as the top priority. “That means absent fathers. And the studies show that lack of a male role model is an express train right to prison, and the cycle continues.

Less litter! Gooooooooo Planet!
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,635
    Founders Club

"Mike Damone is the funniest person I have ever encountered."

-TheKobeStopper, June 2013

"You're ignorant, an idiot and kind of an asshole for the way your arguing something you really don't know."

-The KobeStopper speaking to Mike Damone, July 2013
  • Options

"You're ignorant, an idiot and kind of an asshole for the way your arguing something you really don't know."

look at DJ and his screenshots.
  • Options
    Founders Club

I agree with the general tone of both of those quotes.
    living a life of AND
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2013

I don't need to do all that. You can just link us to all the published peer reviewed studies that show a correlation between single mothers and crime. But you wouldn't even know where to look for those would you? Besides "scientists" and their "scientific method" clearly have an agenda. But all these studies that you and Ann Coulter can't stop popping off about are legit. I mean a religious organization did them and "scientists" with their agenda have rejected them at every turn so they must be true.

You don't know what the numbers are. I don't care about anything else. Youve made up your mind and you don't care what the facts are. You can say studies show but you've never seen the studies. You're ignorant, an idiot and kind of an asshole for the way your arguing something you really don't know.

Good day sir.
    You angry, bro?

Ann Coulter, the fuck? I said nothing about that cunt. Take it up with Don Lemon. I was just passing along what I was hearing from him.

Here's the answer! We need more of this, and more calling people racists and getting angry at them when they bring up the truth.

I SAID GOOD DAY!
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

pull up pants
    drop the N-word
    finish high school

Less litter! Gooooooooo Planet!
    This comment shows how little you understand the problem and the potential solutions.
  • Options

Good day sir.
    You angry, bro?

Ann Coulter, the fuck? I said nothing about that cunt. Take it up with Don Lemon. I was just passing along what I was hearing from him.

Here's the answer! We need more of this, and more calling people racists and getting angry at them when the bring up the truth.

I SAID GOOD DAY!
    I'm not angry Mike. I'm just disappointed.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Good day sir.
    You angry, bro?

Here's the answer! We need more of this, and more calling people racists and getting angry at them when the bring up the truth.

I SAID GOOD DAY!
    I'm not angry Mike. I'm just disappointed.
    Well, call Don Lemon and let him know. The sell out that he is.
  • Options

Mods?
  • Options
    Founders Club

Mods?
    I don't think anyone is moderating these boards
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Mods?
    I don't think anyone is moderating these boards
    Don't test me.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,429
    Swaye's Wigwam
    If you can't make your point without a personal attack you'll probably fit in here