Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Let's count the number of ways UW blew this game

PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,566
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Founders Club
1. Missed Van Winkle long field goal. Not too upset at this, shit happens.

2. Miles losing grip on football trying to throw in the red zone. Fucking unbelievable.

3. Tanigawa inaccurate snapping, Miles fumble. This one was on Tanigawa. Miles actually caught some snaps that most QBs would fumble.

4. Long snapper fuck up. Inexcusable.

5. Darrell Daniels needlessly holding when Cooper already had the corner on a TD run.

6. Cooper fumble.

7. Peterman giving the kicker a practice shot for the gamer winner.

Probably some others I missed, but Jesus Fucking Christ.

Wasn't surprised at all at the way the game ended. Par for the UW course.

Comments

• Options
    DoogieMcDoogersonDoogieMcDoogerson Member Posts: 2,482
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    not calling time out so you had 30 seconds to try to battle back.
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    We shouldn't forget the fucking refs kept Arizona in this game.

It was a bullshit drive my fucking blood pressure through the roof game.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    The two worst errors of the game are not on your list, but other astute HH'ers caught them. The two errors at the end by Peterman. They are the worst because we pay him an assload of money to not make them. Detail oriented my ass. I guess the process means to completely fucking zone out the last 2 minutes of the game and forget simple rules I learned playing Tecmo when I was 13.
  • Options
    priapismpriapism Member Posts: 2,036
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    List is way too short.

I wish I didn't watch this game...then I might still have some respect for these halfwit coaches.
  • Options
    NBhuskyNBhusky Member Posts: 9
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Here's the most frustrating point. After we went up 17-7 I still knew that they (players and coaches) would find a way to fuck up and lose the game. That's what kills me, I still know that we're still a program of mental midgets that will find a way to lose a game no matter how hard the opponent tries to give it to us.

The hope I had in hiring Peterman is that his BSU teams always seemed to find a way to win games they had no business winning. From coaches to players they seemed to let the other team blow the game. I'm willing to give him another couple years to change the players and culture, but until then we're still the same "losers" who will work harder to lose a game vs win a game
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Swaye said:

The two worst errors of the game are not on your list, but other astute HH'ers caught them. The two errors at the end by Peterman. They are the worst because we pay him an assload of money to not make them. Detail oriented my ass. I guess the process means to completely fucking zone out the last 2 minutes of the game and forget simple rules I learned playing Tecmo when I was stoned.

I was older than 13 for Tecmo
  • Options
    Founders Club
    NBhusky said:

Here's the most frustrating point. After we went up 17-7 I still knew that they (players and coaches) would find a way to fuck up and lose the game. That's what kills me, I still know that we're still a program of mental midgets that will find a way to lose a game no matter how hard the opponent tries to give it to us.

The hope I had in hiring Peterman is that his BSU teams always seemed to find a way to win games they had no business winning. From coaches to players they seemed to let the other team blow the game. I'm willing to give him another couple years to change the players and culture, but until then we're still the same "losers" who will work harder to lose a game vs win a game

This is the logic that got me through until today. But today it wasn;t totally on players, or culture, or any of that other bullshit. It was about a Coach that can't manage a clock better than a retarded monkey.
  • Options
    drogginsdroggins Member Posts: 804
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Not taking the knee and bleeding the clock on the last possession is the only mistake that matters.
  • Options
    McRibMcRib Member Posts: 227
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

2. Miles losing grip on football trying to throw in the red zone. Fucking unbelievable.

3. Tanigawa inaccurate snapping, Miles fumble. This one was on Tanigawa. Miles actually caught some snaps that most QBs would fumble.

5. Darrell Daniels needlessly holding when Cooper already had the corner on a TD run.

6. Cooper fumble.

8. 13 penalties for 111 yards
  • Options
    doogvilledoogville Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,183
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    EwaDawg said:

6. Cooper fumble.

Peterman not taking a knee three times with 1:30 (or so) left. The worst of all because its a 100 percent mental error.

what are you talking about? you'd rather they take three knees and punt than just get a first down and ice the game?
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 3,992
    Swaye said:

NBhusky said:

This is the logic that got me through until today. But today it wasn;t totally on players, or culture, or any of that other bullshit. It was about a Coach that can't manage a clock better than a retarded monkey.
    It was about a Coach that can't manage a clock as well as a retarded monkey.

• Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 3,992
    doogville said:

EwaDawg said:

6. Cooper fumble.

Peterman not taking a knee three times with 1:30 (or so) left. The worst of all because its a 100 percent mental error.

what are you talking about? you'd rather they take three knees and punt than just get a first down and ice the game?
    Uh, they didn't get a first down, so yes I prefer to run out the clock.

• Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    doogville said:

EwaDawg said:

6. Cooper fumble.

Yes because the punt would've been the end of the game
  • Options
    LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,756
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

6. Cooper fumble.

3 was also Miles. Yeah, Taniagawa sucked balls but Miles picked the ball up, scrambled a bit, then dropped the ball again. He should go see a nuerologist for that.

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    LawDawg1 said:

6. Cooper fumble.

3 was also Miles. Yeah, Taniagawa sucked balls but Miles picked the ball up, scrambled a bit, then dropped the ball again. He should go see a nuerologist for that.

The snap started that shit and doomed the play. Miles should have went down but the bad snap started that fuck up. A good snap and I highly doubt that happens.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,474
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Zona still had 1 timeout so i don't think you take 3 knees there. You for sure run the ball low and hard with two hands on 1st down. If you make progress you can ice it with the first if you're stuffed you can run the clock to about 30 seconds with 2 more knees. Remember all they needed was a field goal and they were hitting down the field.

The one that gets me is he went lane kiffin FS by not calling the timeout at 40 seconds. 2 timeouts and 35ish seconds to get in field goal range when we have John Ross returning and a big leg kicker is fucking doable. Reminded me of the SC-UW game in 2010 when Barkley was shredding us and Kiffin just let us drive down the field and run out the clock to win the game.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Doogles said:

Zona still had 1 timeout so i don't think you take 3 knees there. You for sure run the ball low and hard with two hands on 1st down. If you make progress you can ice it with the first if you're stuffed you can run the clock to about 30 seconds with 2 more knees. Remember all they needed was a field goal and they were hitting down the field.

The one that gets me is he went lane kiffin FS by not calling the timeout at 40 seconds. 2 timeouts and 35ish seconds to get in field goal range when we have John Ross returning and a big leg kicker is fucking doable. Reminded me of the SC-UW game in 2010 when Barkley was shredding us and Kiffin just let us drive down the field and run out the clock to win the game.

The fact that Peterman did something that KiffenFS did really puts this in perspective. A bad one.