Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

OFFICIAL UW-SCSU game thread

Comments

• Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Someone just stated this is the worst shooting team in the nation? out of 300+ d1 teams.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    UW's Halfcourt offense still sucks
  • Options
    dhdawg said:

UW's Halfcourt offense still sucks

That's assuming we "had" a HC offense
  • Options
    NWG has that sick floater. One of, if not the hardest shot to hit in basketball. He will continue to score at any level with that one shot
  • Options
    Kemp looks good, Upshaw looks like one of those bigs who just stand around and do nothing
  • Options
    This team can't shoot for shit, it's brutal to watch
  • Options
    IrishDawg22IrishDawg22 Member Posts: 2,754
    No consistent outside shooters

No lock down perimeter defenders

Very limited half court offense.

Looks to be another stellar year.
  • Options
    IrishDawg22IrishDawg22 Member Posts: 2,754
    Outside of having sex with each other, those 4 dudes in those purple suits are not getting laid during their college years @ UW.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The court is fresh. UW's team sucks. I'm probably going to sit most of the season out and wait for Murray.
  • Options

The court is fresh. UW's team sucks. I'm probably going to sit most of the season out and wait for Murray.

Considering this is my area, i'm going to start PM'ing you every game just b/c someone has to deal with this mess other than me!
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,741
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    2015 is going to be special.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    dhdawg said:

Upshaw looks like one of those bigs who just stand around and do nothing

Lol
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    I'll wait until he plays well against a team with a C taller than 6-7 before I admit I was wrong, he looks out of it at times on offense. Perhaps he can be a stalwart on the other end of the floor
  • Options
    bigccbigcc Member Posts: 893
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    dhdawg said:

I'll wait until he plays well against a team with a C taller than 6-7 before I admit I was wrong, he looks out of it at times on offense. Perhaps he can be a stalwart on the other end of the floor

Jesus christ this was the thought on the b-ball team a month ago http://sports.yahoo.com/news/huskies-hope-frontcourt-ends-being-strength-000443179--ncaab.html

now people are worried about shooting? We just got a good showing from a 6'9, 6'10, and 7'0 big, on BOTH sides of the court, with NO foul trouble, and NO turnovers.

You really think Goss/Andrews/Winters are gonna put up 1/11 from 3 kind of stat-lines very often?
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    bigcc said:

dhdawg said:

Jesus christ this was the thought on the b-ball team a month ago http://sports.yahoo.com/news/huskies-hope-frontcourt-ends-being-strength-000443179--ncaab.html

now people are worried about shooting? We just got a good showing from a 6'9, 6'10, and 7'0 big, on BOTH sides of the court, with NO foul trouble, and NO turnovers.

You really think Goss/Andrews/Winters are gonna put up 1/11 from 3 kind of stat-lines very often?
    Maybe not "often" but if the over/under is 5 I'm taking the over. There's not a pure shooter on the team unless Winters is much better than the admittedly very little I've seen so far.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Wilcox's career numbers-
    .433 fg%, .389 3pt%, 28.5 mpg 14.4 ppg, 3.4 rpg, 1.6 apg

Winters numbers at Duquesne (true freshman, A10 had 5 teams make the tourney that season)
    .442 fg%, .379 3pt%, 22.0 mpg, 9.6 ppg, 3.9 rpg, 0.9 apg

Now I'm not delusional enough to think that he will have wilcox's impact, but to think he can't be a "pure shooter" is ridiculous, if anything he should be a better player than those numbers show with the extra year under his belt heading into his junior year (no clue what his JC stats were but they probably wouldn't mean much)

He had an admittedly bad game, there was a 5 game stretch wilcox's junior year he shot 6/29 from 3.....

When it rains it pours, give the kid some time
  • Options
    I also think Andrews 3pt% will rise into the .300's, and goss will improve on his .356, with the increase in size you don't need to jack threes all day, though it'd be nice to have a pondexter type who could isolate from the wing...
  • Options
    bigcc said:

Wilcox's career numbers-
    .433 fg%, .389 3pt%, 28.5 mpg 14.4 ppg, 3.4 rpg, 1.6 apg

Winters numbers at Duquesne (true freshman, A10 had 5 teams make the tourney that season)
    .442 fg%, .379 3pt%, 22.0 mpg, 9.6 ppg, 3.9 rpg, 0.9 apg

Now I'm not delusional enough to think that he will have wilcox's impact, but to think he can't be a "pure shooter" is ridiculous, if anything he should be a better player than those numbers show with the extra year under his belt heading into his junior year (no clue what his JC stats were but they probably wouldn't mean much)

He had an admittedly bad game, there was a 5 game stretch wilcox's junior year he shot 6/29 from 3.....

When it rains it pours, give the kid some time

We will give winters time, however keep in mind anderson was brought in as 3 pt guy. So we have plenty of misses in terms of shooters.

Duquesne is not the pac12. How winters has evolved since his freshman year and how much he can learn to succeed vs pac12 talent will be the biggest challenge. He isn't matching up vs A-10 schools, he's going against the pac12.

So all new guys will get a chance to prove themselves. That being said, we have been very poor shooting the ball for a few years now. Starting ice cold at home doesn't bring on fond memories.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    dhdawg said:

It is just funny how you came to this conclusion 10 minutes into the first game of the season. You don't have to admit you are wrong, just LIPO.