Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

What Peterman's up against, explained in one map.

2»

Comments

• Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,570
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2014

Your team is located in Seattle. That is about as bad as it gets. I saw more O stickers than W stickers (none) in that city. Aside from that, the state of Washington as a whole deserves the 2 shitty teams that they have, because obviously not enough of you give a fuck. Washington State is fast approaching its own duckade. Oregon gives a fuck. And Oregon owns both your asses. What are you going to do about it? Probably nothing....

I'm going to stop by the local Portland coffee shop on my way to work and make fun of the rabid Duck fan making my coffee that has never been to Eugene, that's what I'm going to do.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,609
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Dr. Reverend ML King Jr. Co. is eight percent. That's pathetic. If it were only pussy faggot hipster Seattle I could see it, but the entire county? All the Eastside yuppies and South County bubbas can't bring that up?

I'm so glad I ditched that place, because it ditched me first. Fucking overweight hipster women in skinny jeans leading cheers at Sounder gaymes counts as sports cheering now.
  • Options
    no_uhno_uh Member Posts: 760
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Look at Alabama and then look at Washington. Wow, just wow.

There are about 1,000,000 more things to do in Washington than Alabama, especially if you like the outdoors.

There are just as many things to do outdoors in Alabama, excluding winter sports. It's more of a cultural thing. Otherwise, it has to do with there being more to do in Seattle (or any metro area). NOGAF about Georgia Tech either.
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I'm pretty sure there's about as many outdoor things to do around Eugene as Seattle.

The Huskies ruled this pro town for decades.

But by all means, drone on about how per capita popularity doesn't matter.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper

Dr. Reverend ML King Jr. Co. is eight percent. That's pathetic. If it were only pussy faggot hipster Seattle I could see it, but the entire county? All the Eastside yuppies and South County bubbas can't bring that up?

I'm so glad I ditched that place, because it ditched me first. Fucking overweight hipster women in skinny jeans leading cheers at Sounder gaymes counts as sports cheering now.

You should get out more.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,889
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

You should get out more.
    Yeah you're right. Vegan pizza, pasty hipsters, and vagina monologue poems enlighten people.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    TTJ said:

I'm pretty sure there's about as many outdoor things to do around Eugene as Seattle.

Of course it *matters*. The question is, is it cause or effect? Sure, abundance is probably the correct answer. But I believe it's more effect than cause, at least when looking at, say, Oregon versus Washington.
  • Options
    SpoonieLuvSpoonieLuv Member Posts: 5,437
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    edited November 2014
    Being a Washington fan is like being really into some extremely obscure hobby and trying to explain it to someone else. Outsider takes on our program never fail to depress.

Us: "We got Chris Peterman from Boise State who managed to land Caleb McGary from Fife! AND we just renovated our sweet lakeside stadium with some kick-ass new screens and seats!"

Rest of the Country: "NOGAF"
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,240
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    no_uh said:

There are about 1,000,000 more things to do in Washington than Alabama, especially if you like the outdoors.

There are just as many things to do outdoors in Alabama, excluding winter sports. It's more of a cultural thing. Otherwise, it has to do with there being more to do in Seattle (or any metro area). NOGAF about Georgia Tech either.
    You're right, there are just as many outdoors distractions in the south, in fact this time of year, there are more down here as the weather is much more pleasant. It really comes down to winning and tradition. Alabama and Auburn are both national champions with rich tradition and rivalry. Of course the state is crazy for college football, they win a lot, do it over long spans of time and quickly act to correct things when they see a slip in the wins column. This more things to do outdoors argument is total crap, pure LPT doogism. When DJ had the Huskies dialed in, nothing was bigger in Seattle than Husky Football. They were bigger than the Sonics, the Seahawks and Mariners. In fact I remember a hit piece by the PI and Times in the early 90's that lamented the fact that Husky Football was generating more revenue than the Seahawks, as if this was some sort of disgusting act.
  • Options
    SpoonieLuvSpoonieLuv Member Posts: 5,437
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    This was popular the last time Husky Football was relevant

• Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685

Reality check....

Looks like a kerosene breakfast for MisterEm. ...
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper

Being a Washington fan is like being really into some extremely obscure hobby and trying to explain it to someone else. Outsider takes on our program never fail to depress.

Us: "We got Chris Peterman from Boise State who managed to land Caleb McGary from Fife! AND we just renovated our sweet lakeside stadium with some kick-ass new screens and seats!"

Why are you ignoring the awesome! Cupcake concession?

• Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,845
    Founders Club

And you can do the same 1,000,000 things in Oregon that you can do in Washington, except pump your own gas. How does that explain the discrepancy between teams and fucks given?

Why don't you get mauled to death by a mountain goat, then pop off?
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    dnc said:

TTJ said:

Of course it *matters*. The question is, is it cause or effect? Sure, abundance is probably the correct answer. But I believe it's more effect than cause, at least when looking at, say, Oregon versus Washington.
    There is obviously a huge recency effect on display in this study. Especially since Facebook data is weighted more toward younger fans. But younger fans are the hearts and minds you need to win, in order to sustain long-term success. Every time I walk into Husky Stadium, it looks more and more like a nursing home. (Which is probably why they aim so nauseatingly young with the A/V content.)

The Hawks' late success is clearly taking a bite out of local fan enthusiasm for another middling Husky team as well.

But the data doesn't lie. The Huskies have been mediocre-at-best for twenty years, and the fans are apathetic. We all know this is true. I just think this map gives a stark reality check on how far behind we are from real CFB communities.

Peterman needs to win consistently for a period of years to overcome and reverse this problem.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,570
    Swaye's Wigwam
    TTJ said:

dnc said:

TTJ said:

There is obviously a huge recency effect on display in this study. Especially since Facebook data is weighted more toward younger fans. But younger fans are the hearts and minds you need to win, in order to sustain long-term success. Every time I walk into Husky Stadium, it looks more and more like a nursing home. (Which is probably why they aim so nauseatingly young with the A/V content.)

The Hawks' late success is clearly taking a bite out of local fan enthusiasm for another middling Husky team as well.

But the data doesn't lie. The Huskies have been mediocre-at-best for twenty years, and the fans are apathetic. We all know this is true. I just think this map gives a stark reality check on how far behind we are from real CFB communities.

Peterman needs to win consistently for a period of years to overcome and reverse this problem.
    This. And it's depressing as hell.
  • Options
    H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098

When did Damon Huard make a music video with Luke Falk's sisters?
    I'm pretty sure they made another "home video" as well.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Sadly spot on.
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Malin was the hottest Swedish girl ever.