Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Smith by way of CP resulting in Cyler

We're at a point where the whole direction of this team elicits major bouts of binge drinking followed by throwing up. Much of my dismay at the beginning of the season centered around Cyler, and a good portion of it does still center around the QB. However, Smith and CP have reached my annoyance level with how they have done very little to allow cyler or any other qb to succeed. After about the 45th quarter in a row where the mantra is "don't turn the ball over", i'm beginning to think that cyler may actually be at least marginal if he wasn't incredibly afraid all game. Not of his own team, but by hatchet man in the box. The coaches on offense act as if they don't make mistakes, yet the only thing they seem to care about is a QB who never turns it over. By god we may get an INT while throwing for 350 yrd, but we'd rather dink and dunk to get to 175 yds BUT NO INTS. Good strategy. Miles may not be Winston, but he also isn't completely devoid of talent as he's been portrayed. Part of that falls on the coaches and their practices and gameplan.

Please don't get me wrong in that i'm endorsing cyler b/c i clearly do not think our team can win without any source of a deep threat. That being said, what do Smith(and at the end of the day CP) expect to happen when the entire game plan will adversely effect any qb while also allowing the opposing team to know exactly how to beat us. A couple games in I assumed there were a few things that they just hadn't fully clicked on, yet this many games into the season and we're still a team that is simplistic to game plan against. Read option, can't throw over 10 yards, everything will be short, there will be barely any adjustment in formations and when there is it includes ross/lindy/etc where everything knows what's happening. The name of the game is to adjust, and it seems like other teams are doing it, improving and working on their games. Our team seems to be doing the exact same thing as game 2 and expecting it to work somehow. I'm tired of hearing about our OL. It works just fine at times, and if it has a few holes than we should change our gameplan, not bitch about how the OL sucks and run the same 4 plays. Oddly, our OL has been run blocking pretty damn well recently, so maybe some of that is also BS.

Smith is green and learning, but if he really is expecting to have a qb who never makes mistakes, but also is willing to pull the trigger in milli seconds he will be waiting a loooooong time and is FS. Our offense looks scared to have passion, scared to have an edge, scared to do anything that isn't textbook or ELSE. Our team does look like a bunch of drones who are trying to process the game instead of merely playing the game by instinct and what they learn in practice. Practice is supposed to allow us to do things without thinking, which makes me wonder wtf we do in practice b/c our guys still look rusty and stiff on offense and confused what defenses do to us even though they all gameplan the same.

Let's get serious about one thing. Cyler is not going to be the QB for this team the next two years. Whether it's troy, browning, KJS, or some how lindy, Cyler does not have the arm or the decision making to keep this job. I'm even less interested in him keeping it by how his offense continues to be dead coming out. His job as a leader is to get his team going. He mentioned after the Georgia state game that they weren't ready and he learned lesson, yet two games in a row our team came out as flat as my first girlfriend. That's on him. Coaches can't do everything in that regard and the QB needs to be involved in what happens on the field and on offense. Our team isn't going to the rose bowl, we're not going to the bcs, why are we continuing to fake as if Cyler is a 3 year starter? Put troy in for a game or two, live with the lumps and see what happens. Cyler has had his chance to prove himself as the starter and continues to disappoint and do nothing. It's time to turn over the keys to Troy for a few games and live with a few bumps. If troy can't keep us in a game vs wazzu and OSU then we're really in trouble next year.

Smith and CP need to let this team go a bit and that will include mistakes. JS makes jackass play calls every game, why are we handcuffing our QB's so much that they are afraid to do anything? I'm so fucking tired of listening to the turn over argument when we still turn the f-ing ball over, but can't pass it when we aren't turning it over and basically play into every DC dream knowing we won't throw the ball downfield. At some point we need to get some of these guys rolling with emotion and fun and not a boot camp. If smith can't figure out how to utilize players he has, it's going to be a long few years until he gets the players he's supposed to want. The problem is, even the guys you recruit doesn't mean they will perform and you'll still have to adjust on the fly and game to game. His lack of adjustment to what he has this year has caused much to fall on cyler and make him look worse, and CP runs this ship and should be stepping in.

I don't know why this entire team seems to be scared of failure, which literally turns more into scared to succeed. You can not win playing scared, playing without passion, and playing without confidence. The leaders on this team are CP, JS, and Cyler and all are failing miserably right now at moving this team forward.

Comments

• Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited November 2014
    Good chit in general. Give it some time.

We all know Cyler would never have been offered a scholarship by Pete. They are tolerating eachother.

The OC has been a head scratcher since the hire was announced. That stock has bottomed.

Losses cut before the bowl game is my hope for Smiff.

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Regarding your last point ...

You have a number of players that haven't had to play with accountability under Sark ...

Now you have a coach that holds them accountable for how they are practicing, playing, etc. and they are struggling with the adjustment to that. It's part of the culture change.

EVERYBODY is going to make mistakes ... nobody is going to hold people to not making mistakes. But there's definitely a gap between what the players are playing like and what is being expected of them.

And regarding the OL, keep in mind that the OL is looking good because Shaq is playing RB. They look OK when Cooper runs the ball. They've looked mainly shitty when Washington and Coleman is running the ball.
  • Options
    uziuzi Member Posts: 1,298
    Hoping somebody will post a concise 4 bullet points...
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    uzi said:

Try reading and engaging with more than Twitter lingo. You may find it helps your intelligence
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

uzi said:

Try reading and engaging with more than Twitter lingo. You may find it helps your intelligence
    Who has time for Twitter?
  • Options
    uziuzi Member Posts: 1,298

uzi said:

Okay thanks anyway.
  • Options
    HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,954
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes
    Everything about this offense is offensive, from the prep work to the play calling to the players themselves. It's a train wreck, and the fact that nothing has improved or even changed 10 games in means it's either going to be completely blown up in the offseason or it's going to be a painful 4 years before we hit reset again.
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,091
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper

uzi said:

Brevity is the source of all wit.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

We're at a point where the whole direction of this team elicits major bouts of binge drinking followed by throwing up.

All I read. All you needed to write.

• Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,552
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2014

uzi said:

Brevity is the soul of wit.
    Crisper.

#Shakespeare
    #Hamlet
    #WOOF
    #OurTradition