Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Just home from the game. Fucking fire Smith

2»

Comments

• Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Woa. Williams is nowhere near as good as Miles. And take away Shaq and our backs and receivers are the worst in the conference.

Miles has improved. Not by a lot but he has.
  • Options
    blackmambablackmamba Member Posts: 184
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper 5 Awesomes
    Postal91 said:

With how things are going, I am beginning to get the feeling that I do.

And we are paying for him to win and better this team... if keeping Smith doesn't help that, then maybe he needs to find a different place.

You paid for your HC. You paid for his ability to decide who his assistants are... Do you think that you know more about football than coach Pete?

Postal, I am in awe of your hubris in stating that you know better than a coach who HAS OVER 90 D1 VICTORIES.

I think you should write a letter to the times. Maybe coach P will see it and decide to fire him!
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Woa. Williams is nowhere near as good as Miles. And take away Shaq and our backs and receivers are the worst in the conference.

Miles has improved. Not by a lot but he has.

Yup. I think our WRs in a couple years will be good with Pettis and Lenius but for now they are the absolute worst I have ever seen. Fucking garbage.
  • Options
    Postal91Postal91 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,731
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    And I am in awe of your recognition of fun;

"With how things are going, I am beginning to get the feeling that I do."

Postal91 said:

And we are paying for him to win and better this team... if keeping Smith doesn't help that, then maybe he needs to find a different place.

You paid for your HC. You paid for his ability to decide who his assistants are... Do you think that you know more about football than coach Pete?

Postal, I am in awe of your hubris in stating that you know better than a coach who HAS OVER 90 D1 VICTORIES.

I think you should write a letter to the times. Maybe coach P will see it and decide to fire him!
  • Options
    Postal91 said:

And I am in awe of your recognition of fun;

"With how things are going, I am beginning to get the feeling that I do."

Postal91 said:

Ah, you are a liberal... carry on.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

And no, I'm not a cartoon character.

HTH, special one.

Ah, you are a liberal... carry on.

• Options
    Postal91 said:

Smith needs the axe. That little mortician profile fotofucker is in over his head.

We paid monster bucks for what we think is a Ferrari of a coach, and we are putting fucking sand of an OC in the gas tank thinking it will run.

He was never a big-time OC, and his last gig was QB coach at Boise.

He needs to go, as I don't want another damn Holt situation where he hangs out for a couple damn years.

I'll say it again, for emphasis. You are questioning the decisions of a man who has more football knowledge than you by an enormous margin.

How many football games have you coached? You don't have the football chops to critique coach Pete. End of discussion.

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,145
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Troy Williams couldn't do much worse and needs to be given at least a series or two to see what he can do.
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,121
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Do we have a QB coach? Can we demote smith and bring in a real OC?
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Most OC's have to earn their way to a pac-12 job, especially in a high-profile place like UW.

johnny appleseed just gets it handed to him. Must be nice.
  • Options
    KoolAidManKoolAidMan Member Posts: 319
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Testing 1
    I wrote it previously but it has to be said that Washington got UCLA probably at the worst time of their season. Their o-line is the healthiest it's been all year and their D has a new JUCO pass rusher which has made their defense somewhat gel for the first time since Anthony Barr left. They also got back Thomas Duarte who has been injured but is one of Hundley's favorite targets and their rookie D coordinator looks like he's finally getting the hang of things. Peterman had some fucktarded trickeration playcalls, horrible refereeing on both sides and misuse of Shaq but I expect Peterman to be near or at the top of the P12 North in Year 3 and contending in Year 2.
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    uzi said:

Any Smith defenders need to fuck off.

Even when Miles isn't out there our O looks like shit. WTF whas with that attempted fake punt with Shaq but we let the play clock run out???

These kids are Pac 12 caliber athletes. If Smith can't coach his O to do a better job that this, then we need a better coach.

This guy should be selling polyester suits at the Men's Wharehouse...

Tequilla said:

jecornel said:

Back to back reverses warrant firing.... red zone play calling is a dumpster fire

I get the ideas (not saying I agree with them - so don't twist), but he continuously is putting himself in an overthinking mind fuck combined with putting players in positions to not be successful.
    Riva and Charles being out is negligible I guess
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Troy Williams couldn't do much worse and needs to be given at least a series or two to see what he can do.

Troy throws a better ball and plays the part of a D1 QB. I'm starting to think CP doesn't want him in because he wants an easier transition to one of his guys. The kid did well at Autzen for his first real time, and then did fine at the ASU game when it should have been Lindy running the ball all game. Our coaching staff has issues, and I'm pointing at Smith right now.
  • Options
    uziuzi Member Posts: 1,298
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Postal91 said:

Smith needs the axe. That little mortician profile fotofucker is in over his head.

We paid monster bucks for what we think is a Ferrari of a coach, and we are putting fucking sand of an OC in the gas tank thinking it will run.

He was never a big-time OC, and his last gig was QB coach at Boise.

He needs to go, as I don't want another damn Holt situation where he hangs out for a couple damn years.

Shaq resting is fine, but keeping him off the field on 1st/2nd down is ridiculous. Then, all that stupid trick play shit. Every god damn time... we find something that remotely works and then go away from it. Send this beaver packing.

I think in at least one situation, Pete didn't get who he really wanted but had to settle for his second choice... whose to say Smith was his first choice at OC?