Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Just home from the game. Fucking fire Smith

uziuzi Member Posts: 1,298
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Any Smith defenders need to fuck off.

Even when Miles isn't out there our O looks like shit. WTF whas with that attempted fake punt with Shaq but we let the play clock run out???

These kids are Pac 12 caliber athletes. If Smith can't coach his O to do a better job that this, then we need a better coach.

This guy should be selling polyester suits at the Men's Wharehouse...

Comments

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I'm all for firing Smith, but our defense got destroyed. Next year's defense is going to be brutal.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

I'm all for firing Smith, but our defense got destroyed. Next year's defense is going to be brutal.

Offense, defense, and special teams all look absolutely atrocious, Ross KOR notwithstanding.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    uzi said:

Even when Miles isn't out there our O looks like shit. WTF whas with that attempted fake punt with Shaq but we let the play clock run out???

These kids are Pac 12 caliber athletes. If Smith can't coach his O to do a better job that this, then we need a better coach.

That's on the special teams coach, not the OC.
  • Options
    uziuzi Member Posts: 1,298
    dnc said:

uzi said:

That's on the special teams coach, not the OC.
    Yeah... but still...

Fuck!!!
  • Options
    H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098
    I'm not a Smith supporter by any means, but fuck, the players have to execute the plays. That starts with the QB. The play calling tonight wasn't horrible (I know...ringing Smith endorsement), Miles and co. just couldn't execute.

Miles just isn't the guy, I've seen enough. He has no pocket presence and will scramble if a defender gets within 7 yards of him, blocked or not.

Don't know if we have anyone better, but if someone can't step up and beat out Miles for the starting QB spot next year, we are FUCKED.
  • Options
    H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098
    DHD said:

I was particularly appreciative of all the "trickeration" that we did after Shaq managed to slam it inside the 20 for us on a couple of occasions.

No use goin' with what got you there ... fly sweep and reverses bitches!

Recruits love the sizzle.
  • Options
    Dick_BDick_B Member Posts: 1,301
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Testing 1
    paging hyphen-boy
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    jecornel said:

Back to back reverses warrant firing.... red zone play calling is a dumpster fire

I get the ideas (not saying I agree with them - so don't twist), but he continuously is putting himself in an overthinking mind fuck combined with putting players in positions to not be successful.
  • Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

jecornel said:

Back to back reverses warrant firing.... red zone play calling is a dumpster fire

I get the ideas (not saying I agree with them - so don't twist), but he continuously is putting himself in an overthinking mind fuck combined with putting players in positions to not be successful.
    i dont get them. at all. one once in a while, ok. 3 in a row for a pee wee league looking series of losses?
  • Options
    blackmambablackmamba Member Posts: 184
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper 5 Awesomes
    Postal91 said:

Smith needs the axe. That little mortician profile fotofucker is in over his head.

We paid monster bucks for what we think is a Ferrari of a coach, and we are putting fucking sand of an OC in the gas tank thinking it will run.

He was never a big-time OC, and his last gig was QB coach at Boise.

He needs to go, as I don't want another damn Holt situation where he hangs out for a couple damn years.

Shaq resting is fine, but keeping him off the field on 1st/2nd down is ridiculous. Then, all that stupid trick play shit. Every god damn time... we find something that remotely works and then go away from it. Send this beaver packing.

You paid for your HC. You paid for his ability to decide who his assistants are... Do you think that you know more about football than coach Pete?

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Postal91 said:

Smith needs the axe. That little mortician profile fotofucker is in over his head.

Good chit
  • Options
    phineas said:

Tequilla said:

jecornel said:

i dont get them. at all. one once in a while, ok. 3 in a row for a pee wee league looking series of losses?
    They are trying to catch the defense over pursuing the RB and hit them on the other side.

Problem is that he makes this call so often it doesn't catch anybody by surprise.
  • Options
    Postal91Postal91 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,731
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    With how things are going, I am beginning to get the feeling that I do.

And we are paying for him to win and better this team... if keeping Smith doesn't help that, then maybe he needs to find a different place.

You paid for your HC. You paid for his ability to decide who his assistants are... Do you think that you know more about football than coach Pete?

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Agree, completely.

And yet, we don't give Troy Williams a chance.

Even with all those factors, we found ourselves somewhat in the game. however close you may call that, since... you know... we love calling plays that kill our own drives, we could have won it.

I believe the talent is there, we are just incapable of configuring them to win. It's like our hands are cold and we have gloves next to us... yet we take our shoes off and put them on our hands.
    Tequilla said:

There's no doubt that there's a lot of frustration after tonight ...

But one of the biggest things that you can take away from tonight is that it's almost impossible in this conference to beat good teams without QB play. And there is a massive difference between Hundley and Miles ... MASSIVE.

On top of that, when you take our best DB out of the picture, and you take our best pass rusher out of the picture, and you take our best LB out of the picture because he needs to help the offense not completely suck, you're going to run the risk of having a rough day on defense.

It's frustrating for sure ... but it is what it is at this point.

• Options
    There's a point where I wonder if we're waiting to make sure that we get that 7th win so that we can play with house money with Troy. I do think that it's very important to get an idea of what Troy can do heading into the offseason. Miles clearly isn't the answer. Carta Samuels is obviously an unknown. I have a sneaky feeling that Browning starts next year. But you need to get Williams experience so that you know what you have to work with and actual real reps to teach against during the Spring/Fall in case Williams is the guy next year.

The simple explanation may be that Miles really is that much better than what's left on our depth chart ... which if so, I think it's even more likely that we'll have growing pains with Browning next year ... but it'd be the right call.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    After seeing the throws that Williams made at oregon and in the wind with ASU, he is a huge upgrade from Miles. Especially with all the short stuff that our OC likes to toss. his ball is on a rope and takes less time to get to the receiver. Unlike Miles that likes to either float it or bounce pass it.

Miles has had the majority of the season to improve, and he hasn't. he is scared and will not make the throws. Many times the route is open, but he doesn't want to make the throw and bails. It is irritating.

Maybe CP doesn't want Williams in, as that will just mess up 'his guy' from starting when he comes in. I think Troy Williams would do much better, and at least progress much faster than Mr. WearMyBroncoGearToSeahawkParty