Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Pac12 Network Distribution Update

MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
Larry Scott suggested that fans have ample time to change to one of the distribution services that carries the Pac12 Network since DirecTV isn't playing fair.

So my take is that since every team in the Pac12 now schedules such a worthless out of conference schedule, the first 3-4 weeks of the season are mostly unwatchable (this is a big problem in college football in general in my opinion) so I can't imagine changing to another service provider in order to catch the Idaho State game and then sacrifice my NFL Sunday Ticket.

Anyone else have thoughts on this situation?

Comments

• Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    nfl redzone > nfl ticket.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    TheGlove said:

nfl redzone > nfl ticket.

Live a life of abundance where you get Redzone AND all the games then pop off.
  • Options
    Totally agree Meek.

If for some unimaginable reason I would actually want to see an event on the Pac-12 networks, I'd just stream it for free anyway.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,470
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The internetz is a magical thing, brah.
  • Options
    that's true. I do use a certain online site to watch Pac12 network games online but my problem is that i have a 3 year old living in my house and you can't pause or record games that way.

if any of you geniuses know how to pause or record game online please let me know.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,841
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Meek said:

that's true. I do use a certain online site to watch Pac12 network games online but my problem is that i have a 3 year old living in my house and you can't pause or record games that way.

if any of you geniuses know how to pause or record game online please let me know.

Give him some nyquil and let him nap during the games. HTH

• Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Meek said:

Do like TehKobeStopper and LEAVE!

huh?
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,182
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Is your DVR broken?
  • Options
    TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389
    Meek said:

Larry Scott suggested that fans have ample time to change to one of the distribution services that carries the Pac12 Network since DirecTV isn't playing fair.

So my take is that since every team in the Pac12 now schedules such a worthless out of conference schedule, the first 3-4 weeks of the season are mostly unwatchable (this is a big problem in college football in general in my opinion) so I can't imagine changing to another service provider in order to catch the Idaho State game and then sacrifice my NFL Sunday Ticket.

You could move to Idaho as I have and just say fuckit....... fuckitall.

I know nobody in Pac-12 World cares, but every Boise State game in 2013 is televised on ESPN except one,..... the Bronco's August 31 visit to Montlake which is locked-up by Podunk Pac-12 Network. So here in Boise, the home corral of Broncomania, all those who can't get tickets into Husky Stadium and don't have Dish or access somewhere to Dish from friend or pub will be SOL. The folks here are so fanatical about BSU football and travel so well to all their road games, I expect a large number will go to Seattle hoping to scalp tickets or if no luck with scalpers, get a hotel/motel room with Comcast. The shortest drive to find Comcast is I believe the eastern suburbs of Portland which likely won't carry the BSU-UW game. The thinking here is that the Pac-12 Network must be some commie conspiracy that hates Democracy and universally available TV.
  • Options
    Tailgater said:

Meek said:

You could move to Idaho as I have and just say fuckit....... fuckitall.

I know nobody in Pac-12 World cares, but every Boise State game in 2013 is televised on ESPN except one,..... the Bronco's August 31 visit to Montlake which is locked-up by Podunk Pac-12 Network. So here in Boise, the home corral of Broncomania, all those who can't get tickets into Husky Stadium and don't have Dish or access somewhere to Dish from friend or pub will be SOL. The folks here are so fanatical about BSU football and travel so well to all their road games, I expect a large number will go to Seattle hoping to scalp tickets or if no luck with scalpers, get a hotel/motel room with Comcast. The shortest drive to find Comcast is I believe the eastern suburbs of Portland which likely won't carry the BSU-UW game. The thinking here is that the Pac-12 Network must be some commie conspiracy that hates Democracy and universally available TV.
    Great rant as always, but the 2013 season debut of the Huskies in Boise will be on Fox Sports 1, not Pac-12 Network (lol).

http://www.idahostatesman.com/2013/07/20/2662892/boise-state-football-fox-sports.html
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    1. Who cares?
    2. Fuck the NFL and their ticket
    3. I'm buzzed
  • Options
    Why do you live in a place that doesn't even have basic services?

• Options
    HuskyJW said:

Is your DVR broken?

you didn't read it very closely... i have DirecTV... therefore to watch games on the Pac12 Network I have to find an online option and haven't found one that allows me to pause... if you have any ideas let me know.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Meek said:

HuskyJW said:

Is your DVR broken?

you didn't read it very closely... i have DirecTV... therefore to watch games on the Pac12 Network I have to find an online option and haven't found one that allows me to pause... if you have any ideas let me know.
    You don't have dvr!!!????

• Options
    TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary

Meek said:

HuskyJW said:

Is your DVR broken?

You don't have dvr!!!????

Seriously, what's wrong with this guy? Get a dvr dumb ass.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Meek said:

HuskyJW said:

Is your DVR broken?

Yeah, but why can't you pause?

• Options
    Steve_BowmanSteve_Bowman Member Posts: 442
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Testing 1
    Want PAC-12 network without Comcast?

Ask someone that's got comcast to use their account. My son has comcast in Seattle. I log into his account with the iPad and plug it into the TV. Instant shitty football.
  • Options

Ask someone that's got comcast to use their account. My son has comcast in Seattle. I log into his account with the iPad and plug it into the TV. Instant shitty football.

Look at "I played in the SEC" Superiority Guy
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HuskyJW said:

Look at "I played in the SEC" Superiority Guy
    Cheerleader you mean?

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,173
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I know you guys are being sarcastic but he can't pause