Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,279
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    PurpleJ said:

Disagree. Fucking government can't keep their greed out of the market and will tax it to the point the black market will still thrive. Many cities in oregon were passing special local pot taxes all summer and fall in anticipation. What bunch of greedy fucking assholes.

Always about the black markets with you.

And this is why legal taxation and regulation will never work out like they think it will. Minimal barriers to entry. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to grow plants, so the black market will always have the lowest prices. People who really want it can just grow their own.
    This

To make your own beer, you have to buy a kit, then purchase a lot of the ingredients. This is a lot easier to make on your own.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,529
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

PurpleJ said:

Disagree. Fucking government can't keep their greed out of the market and will tax it to the point the black market will still thrive. Many cities in oregon were passing special local pot taxes all summer and fall in anticipation. What bunch of greedy fucking assholes.

And this is why legal taxation and regulation will never work out like they think it will. Minimal barriers to entry. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to grow plants, so the black market will always have the lowest prices. People who really want it can just grow their own.
    This

To make your own beer, you have to buy a kit, then purchase a lot of the ingredients. This is a lot easier to make on your own.
    Not to mention dealing with established competition that knows how to make way better tasting beer in much larger quantities.
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    When can we legally grow our own magic mushrooms? Not that I care.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,445
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

asking for a fren...
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper

Buy a cow.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

PurpleJ said:

This

Wrong.

Any idiot can grow a plant but growing quality takes experience.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    salemcoog said:

PurpleJ said:

This

Wrong.

Any idiot can grow a plant but growing quality takes experience.
    Fucking THIS.

If you think it's that easy, give it a shot sometime.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    It IS that easy. Read a few books beforehand and take the time to do it right. It's not that difficult. Unless you are fucking stupid.
  • Options
    PurpleJ said:

It IS that easy. Read a few books beforehand and take the time to do it right. It's not that difficult. Unless you are fucking stupid.

You could say the same thing re: homebrewing.

But others seem to disagree.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Homebrewing is actually really difficult to get right. The kits are usually worthless and the process is a pain in the ass. I know a few guys who tried it, and it always ended being more trouble than it was worth. Yes, you can say the same thing about growing. But to a lesser degree imo. Maybe it was less attractive because you can always go buy good beer at the store for a few bucks.
  • Options
    PurpleJ said:

Homebrewing is actually really difficult to get right. The kits are usually worthless and the process is a pain in the ass. I know a few guys who tried it, and it always ended being more trouble than it was worth. Yes, you can say the same thing about growing. But to a lesser degree imo. Maybe it was less attractive because you can always go buy good beer at the store for a few bucks.

They sound like fucktards.

But you are kidding yourself if you think growing is just some soil, seeds and water. Getting the plant to grow isn't the hard part.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

PurpleJ said:

But you are kidding yourself if you think growing is just some soil, seeds and water. Getting the plant to grow isn't the hard part.
    I think my fucktard pothead friends just liked growing way more and realized that they didn't give a shit about making beer when they could get it at the store. Or maybe they bought the wrong beer kit. I don't think any of it is as difficult as people think it is. I'm sure NSA_Dawg is looking up my frens as we speak.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper

PurpleJ said:

Weed growing fail superiority guy.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    My original pooooonnt was that it isn't THAT hard if you did your homework and know what you are doing, especially compared to most bidness ventures like manufacturing shit or investing.

You can always open a cupcake store, though.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    PurpleJ said:

My original pooooonnt was that it isn't THAT hard if you did your homework and know what you are doing, especially compared to most bidness ventures like manufacturing shit or investing.

Home growing is a bidness venture now?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

PurpleJ said:

Home growing is a bidness venture now?
    It's what I'm hearing
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    my guess ...

Shadow economy bud is about to get a whole lot better ... and a whole lot cheaper.