Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Cavs looked great tonight

Comments

• WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,793
    Swaye said:

#GoMavs

Fuck Dallas bro.

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,641 Founders Club
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

I'm not a big LeBron fan either, but the 76ers beat the Heat on opening night last year. Who gives a shit about early season NBA games? They are meaningless.

The Cavs will be good, but it will take time. They might win the dreckfest East, but they are overrated. It doesn't take much digging to see that they have issues. Nobody on that team plays defense besides Varejao and LeBron when he wants to (25% of the time). Love and Irving have never played a playoff game. The veterans they added are all just about done (Marion, Miller, Ray Allen).

Before coming to Miami, Chris Bosh averaged 24 and 10 in Toronto and was a better defender than Love. I'm not completely sold on Love. He might be a huge stats on a shitty team kind of guy. His rebounding is great but he sucks on defense and will be the third option on offense. It's a huge role change. Wade in 10-11 was a lot better and more tested than Irving. This Cavs team isn't as good as 10-11 Miami team and the teams in the West are better than in 2011.

I stand by this. The trades really, really helped Cleveland. I still think the Warriors win rather easily, say 4-1.
  • allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    Bold to stand by a statement when both players in question are hurt.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825

Why do you hate facts?

Love's whole season proved he was more or less a huge numbers on a shitty team guy. They have been just fine without him.

Their defense was terrible before getting Mozgov, Shumpert, and Smith.
    They should have kept Wiggins

Love's whole season proved he was more or less a huge numbers on a shitty team guy. They have been just fine without him.

Or it's impossible for three players to put up big numbers on one team.

If only there was some precedent of Lebron playing with another big numbers power forward and that power forwards numbers immediately going way down.

They've been able to get through the shitty East without love. Big fucking deal.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    But how was I wrong about the Clippers?

If only there was some precedent of Lebron playing with another big numbers power forward and that power forwards numbers immediately going way down.

They've been able to get through the shitty East without love. Big fucking deal.
    You're right. Kevin Love had a great season.
  • NeedleInTheSky88NeedleInTheSky88 Member Posts: 96
    Justin Holiday is gonna lock down LeBron.

You're right. Kevin Love had a great season.
    NYBE.
    As a sports bettor, vegas isn't giving the Cavs much of a chance. The series line opened at GS -260. I can't remember the last time a finals series was more than -200. Pretty insane that you can get 2/1 odds on a LeBron James team in the finals.

As a sports bettor, vegas isn't giving the Cavs much of a chance. The series line opened at GS -260. I can't remember the last time a finals series was more than -200. Pretty insane that you can get 2/1 odds on a LeBron James team in the finals.

What's insane about that?

Outside of LBJ, who the Warriors have about 3-4 guys that they can realistically throw on LBJ for significant minutes, where do the Cavs have any kind of advantage in the series?

Both the Hawks and Bulls had suspect wing players that allowed JR Smith and Shumpert to have big moments. The Warriors can throw wing after wing on the court ... and almost all of them are better than Smith/Shumpert.

If the Cavs go with 2 bigs on the court + LBJ, the Warriors will carve them up. If the Cavs go small to match GS, they lack the explosive abilities to be able keep up.

This series is going 5 games. It may be a relatively close 5 games ... but the Warriors are one of the top 10-15 teams to ever play the game:

In season long point differential per game, they rank 8th all time as one of the 8 teams in the HISTORY of the league to have an average differential of more than 10 points per game. Of the prior 7, 6 of them won the title. The one that didn't (the 71-72 Bucks) lost to the team with the greatest point differential of all time, the 69-13 Lakers.

They won 67 games during this regular season. Only 5 teams in the history of the league have ever won more in a season. 4 of those 5 won a title (the 5th, the 72-73 Celtics lost to the Knicks in 7 who went on to win the NBA Title).

Their 39 wins at home have only been surpassed by the 85-86 Celtics for a better record. The only other teams with 39 home wins in a year were the 95-96 and 96-97 Bulls and the 09 Cavs team that lost to the Magic in the East Finals.

There will be many that look at LBJ and think he can work a miracle. But by almost every metric of dominance, this Warriors team is an all-time great team. A 5 game victory seems very likely.
    edited May 2015
    Tequilla said:

Outside of LBJ, who the Warriors have about 3-4 guys that they can realistically throw on LBJ for significant minutes, where do the Cavs have any kind of advantage in the series?

Both the Hawks and Bulls had suspect wing players that allowed JR Smith and Shumpert to have big moments. The Warriors can throw wing after wing on the court ... and almost all of them are better than Smith/Shumpert.

If the Cavs go with 2 bigs on the court + LBJ, the Warriors will carve them up. If the Cavs go small to match GS, they lack the explosive abilities to be able keep up.

This series is going 5 games. It may be a relatively close 5 games ... but the Warriors are one of the top 10-15 teams to ever play the game:

In season long point differential per game, they rank 8th all time as one of the 8 teams in the HISTORY of the league to have an average differential of more than 10 points per game. Of the prior 7, 6 of them won the title. The one that didn't (the 71-72 Bucks) lost to the team with the greatest point differential of all time, the 69-13 Lakers.

They won 67 games during this regular season. Only 5 teams in the history of the league have ever won more in a season. 4 of those 5 won a title (the 5th, the 72-73 Celtics lost to the Knicks in 7 who went on to win the NBA Title).

Their 39 wins at home have only been surpassed by the 85-86 Celtics for a better record. The only other teams with 39 home wins in a year were the 95-96 and 96-97 Bulls and the 09 Cavs team that lost to the Magic in the East Finals.

There will be many that look at LBJ and think he can work a miracle. But by almost every metric of dominance, this Warriors team is an all-time great team. A 5 game victory seems very likely.
    Pretty much this. LeBron will get his like he always does, but Golden State is really fucking good. They have been the better team all season. They are deeper than Cleveland and they are better coached. The only negative about the Warriors is that sometimes they are careless with the ball.

I know Golden State doesn't have a track record of success, but this is Cleveland. TSIO.
    This will be a huge upset, no doubt about it

They should have kept Wiggins

It's not talked about much, but Golden State almost traded Klay Thompson for Love. That's the best move they ever made, not only because of Thompson, but because Draymond Green would have been marginalized if Love was traded to the Dubs (ILTCTT).
    Tequilla said:

Sorry I don't think i really explained myself well. I am not surprised by this at all. I think the series betting line is pretty accurate. I just think most people and public bettors will find it insane that they can get the greatest basketball player at better than 2/1 odds. LeBron teams are rarely ever dogs, not to mention 2/1 dogs.

It will be an interesting series. I'm not sure how Cavs will matchup with GS. Cavs will likely play small for most of the series with LeBron at the PF. If I"m the Cavs, I put LeBron on Green, IMO Draymond is the X-Factor that puts the Warriors over the top. Good chance we see LeBron on Curry or Klay late in games.

GS should win the series, and I'd guess in 6 games. The only thing that makes me think the Cavs have a chance is this:

1. They have finals experience, mainly LeBron, whereas I don't think anyone on GS has finals experience.

2. Warriors are a jumpshooting team. Live by the 3....die by the 3.

3. Cavs can hurt Warriors one the glass with Thompson, Mozgov and LeBron Although I'm pretty sure Mozgov will be a non-factor seeing that I doubt he can keep up with the pace that GS will play with. Thompson should clean up on the glass though.
    1) Nobody on the Warriors has Finals experience that I'm aware of ... but as was said last night, they didn't really have West Finals experience either. By the 2nd quarter of Game 1, it won't matter much. The Warriors don't have many guys that I see shying away from shots.

2) The fact that the Warriors are a jumpshooting team is comical to me. First, they won 67 games during the regular season. That tells me that regardless of what they did, they not only did it at a high level (and as I illustrated earlier, they did it at a level that few teams have EVER done it regardless of styles), but they were consistent in how they did it. Second, the reason that they don't slump is a combination of the fact that they move the ball at an insane level, that ball movement creates a lot of clean looks for their jumpshooters instead of contested looks, and that the ball movement combined with the threat of the jumper results in a lot of penetration, layups, and little flip shots that are insanely high percentage shots. Their efficiency is off the charts.

3) The Warriors were +20 last night in rebounding in a close out game against one of the better bigs in the league in Dwight Howard. I don't think most people realize how good Bogut is. Festus Ezili is good enough to start for at least half of the teams in the league. Green plays with a massive chip on his shoulder and is a high end rebounder. Add in a number of mid-sized wing players that allows them to rebound at a fairly high level. Thompson is good for sure and will be interesting to watch in this series. But outside of Thompson, LBJ, and Mozgov, there aren't a lot of guys on Cleveland that I look at as strong rebounders. If the Bulls weren't in such turmoil on the inside and with injuries, they probably beat Cleveland.

4) The thing with the Warriors that nobody talks about is how strong they are defensively. Their ability to minimize the impact of everybody outside of LBJ should be a key to the series.

5) The biggest threat to the Warriors long-term is an ownership group being overtly budget minded (i.e. not paying Green in free agency) and injuries. This is a team that clearly looks like they like playing with one another and with the success they've had this year, they should have no problem getting a strong line of role players to play for them as the years continue. LBJ may be able to get to the Finals a few times in the next few years, but this is a Warriors team that could have a really strong 5+ year run in them. And if you add to that that any team that beats them in the West has to be damn good, you're probably looking at that team being a favorite over LBJ's Cavs going forward.