Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Cavs looked great tonight

CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,494
The Knicks suck.

Comments

• TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Memo to @RaceBannon‌: #TheSeasonIsOver
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,641 Founders Club
    I just roll my eyes
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    I like to say that this is one of the biggest sporting events of all time and then go out and shoot 5-15 with 8 turnovers ...

I like to give a pregame speech to my team reminding them of how big of a moment that the game is (due to my greatness) because they need to be even tighter than they already are ...

I like to sit back and watch how everybody praises me for my "smart" decisions (even though I've only got 2 rings - and really am lucky to have the 2nd), up to and including the most self-righteous, self-centered, and downright ridiculous interviews in the history of the sport ("The Decision") while everybody else is piling on an aging Kobe Bryant by talking about how nobody wants to play with him because he's such a hard ass that is focused on winning while forgetting that he's walked the walk and talked the talk with his 5 rings ...

And people wonder why I don't have a ton of respect for LBJ
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited October 2014
    I'm not a big LeBron fan either, but the 76ers beat the Heat on opening night last year. Who gives a shit about early season NBA games? They are meaningless.

The Cavs will be good, but it will take time. They might win the dreckfest East, but they are overrated. It doesn't take much digging to see that they have issues. Nobody on that team plays defense besides Varejao and LeBron when he wants to (25% of the time). Love and Irving have never played a playoff game. The veterans they added are all just about done (Marion, Miller, Ray Allen).

Before coming to Miami, Chris Bosh averaged 24 and 10 in Toronto and was a better defender than Love. I'm not completely sold on Love. He might be a huge stats on a shitty team kind of guy. His rebounding is great but he sucks on defense and will be the third option on offense. It's a huge role change. Wade in 10-11 was a lot better and more tested than Irving. This Cavs team isn't as good as 10-11 Miami team and the teams in the West are better than in 2011.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,494
    edited October 2014
    Sarkasm. Heat started off really slow year 1 of the big 3. Cleveland is still one of the best teams but I think #MyBulls still beat them in 6 unless Rose tears his labia again.

Lebron is still a Ray Allen 3 pointer away from being the Peyton Manning of the NBA.
  • dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    It's gonna take time for love Irving and Lebron to get comfortable on offense. And as roaddawg said they have issues all over the place on defense.
    If they ever get it going they may be unstoppable offensively though. That just might not be this year
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309
    Cavs lost by 5 on a career bad game by Lebron. The Cavs might have won without Lebron, he played that bad. An average game by Lebron and the Cavs win by 15.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    I love how everybody is dodging the real issues and instead talking about how the Cavs will be fine.

I watched a little bit of the game and there's absolutely no doubt in my mind that they will be a good team - lots of talent and they just need to figure out a way to make it all mesh, allow everybody to get involved, figure out the right rotations, etc.

I just laugh at how LBJ is always given a free pass for shit. The guy is a massive fake to me.
    Awfully cool for June. You'd think Lebron roughed up Tequila at intermurals.

Sarkasm. Heat started off really slow year 1 of the big 3. Cleveland is still one of the best teams but I think #MyBulls still beat them in 6 unless Rose tears his labia again.

Lebron is still a Ray Allen 3 pointer away from being the Peyton Manning of the NBA.

Take away Oregon's 45 points and the Huskies win

Take away Oregon's 45 points and the Huskies win
    Yea but still.

He is still 2-3 in the finals.
    Bulls?

Don't think so

Bulls?

Don't think so

Pending a torn labia #MyBulls

Bulls?

Don't think so

D Rose with 20 is a good sign. I know he sprained his ankles, but if he can stay healthy he's still a beast. If he is, the Bulls will be for real.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,558 Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

I love how everybody is dodging the real issues and instead talking about how the Cavs will be fine.

I watched a little bit of the game and there's absolutely no doubt in my mind that they will be a good team - lots of talent and they just need to figure out a way to make it all mesh, allow everybody to get involved, figure out the right rotations, etc.

I just laugh at how LBJ is always given a free pass for shit. The guy is a massive fake to me.

I agree that he's kind of a phony. It's funny to call him out. Some people get really butthurt and defensive. One of my friends always goes back to his childhood. The guy is 29 and worth tens of millions. Feel sorry for others.

As for the East I have no idea. It's early November NBA talk.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,663 Standard Supporter
    LBJ dropped too much weight this summer. He's too finesse now rather than a raging runaway train. Predicting he'll wear down like never before come playoff time.

Mavs or Spurs gonna win anyway.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,358 Founders Club
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,985 Founders Club

Bulls?

Don't think so

D Rose with 20 is a good sign. I know he sprained his ankles, but if he can stay healthy he's still a beast. If he is, the Bulls will be for real.
    He won't stay healthy. I don't know shit about basketball, but he will never be the same.
    PurpleJ said:

Bulls?

Don't think so

He won't stay healthy. I don't know shit about basketball, but he will never be the same.
    I thought so too. After seeing him against Cleveland, I'm not so sure. He looked pretty good. I agree that it is optimistic to think he can stay healthy.