Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Whatever happened to punishing a team for losing?

2»

Comments

• oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    edited October 2014

Ever since the BCS, teams dont drop for losing, thanks in LARGE part to SEC bias (which didnt exist before the bcs

The polls had it right. The most recent team to lose dropped below teams that lost early. Ole miss lost to an unranked team and dropped 1 spot in playoff bracket. Oregon, who beat 8th ranked MSU (ooc) and only lost to 12th ranked Zoner (early in season) sits behind 2 1 loss SEC teams is laughable and SEC criminal.

College football is permanently fubar'd

The playoffs rank teams based on who they beat more than who they lost to. Losses play some role (as I'll explain later), but not like in the BCS where they were a dagger through the heart. FWIW, Ole Miss has a marginally better resume than Oregon at this point, which is why they are 4th and Oregon 5th.

Oregon has slightly better wins (MSU, UCLA, UW, Cal and Wazzu) but lost at home by 7 to unranked Arizona. Ole Miss has wins over Bama, TAMU, Tenn, Boise State and Vandy, but lost on the road at #24 LSU by 3.

The losses are what separate Ole Miss and Oregon, even thought it's only 1 place.
    Beating Bama alone >>> all of Oregon's wins.
    Another Bama homer post. Bama is crap this year. They have Lane Kiffin and don't look the same. I'll say it once again. They will lose one of the next two games, if not both of them, and you'll be using a Zumwalt avatar for a week. You can throw in an apology for ramping up the homerism too.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

Ever since the BCS, teams dont drop for losing, thanks in LARGE part to SEC bias (which didnt exist before the bcs

The polls had it right. The most recent team to lose dropped below teams that lost early. Ole miss lost to an unranked team and dropped 1 spot in playoff bracket. Oregon, who beat 8th ranked MSU (ooc) and only lost to 12th ranked Zoner (early in season) sits behind 2 1 loss SEC teams is laughable and SEC criminal.

College football is permanently fubar'd

The playoffs rank teams based on who they beat more than who they lost to. Losses play some role (as I'll explain later), but not like in the BCS where they were a dagger through the heart. FWIW, Ole Miss has a marginally better resume than Oregon at this point, which is why they are 4th and Oregon 5th.

Oregon has slightly better wins (MSU, UCLA, UW, Cal and Wazzu) but lost at home by 7 to unranked Arizona. Ole Miss has wins over Bama, TAMU, Tenn, Boise State and Vandy, but lost on the road at #24 LSU by 3.

The losses are what separate Ole Miss and Oregon, even thought it's only 1 place.
    Beating Bama alone >>> all of Oregon's wins.
    Another Bama homer post. Bama is crap this year. They have Lane Kiffin and don't look the same. I'll say it once again. They will lose one of the next two games, if not both of them, and you'll be using a Zumwalt avatar for a week. You can throw in an apology for ramping up the homerism too.
    Bama would be undefeated with Oregon's schedule.

Simple fact, case closed, end of discussion.

Mosster47 said:

DingaLing said:

Ole Miss, Miss St., Alabama, and Florida St., would all be favored to beat Oregon on a neutral field

Miss St. and Alabama, yes. Florida State and Ole Miss would be close to pick 'em. Auburn, maybe favored by 1. The spreads would be very small, much like OBK's sorry excuse for a penis.

Until Bama plays better against spread teams I doubt they are favored.

Alabama 59
    Texas A&m 0

I think Alabama is figuring out the spread.
    This thread is so full of gay poasts that I'm going to get tested for AIDS after I read it. Texas A & M is complete shit this year, in case you haven't been following college football.

Mosster47 said:

DingaLing said:

Ole Miss, Miss St., Alabama, and Florida St., would all be favored to beat Oregon on a neutral field

Miss St. and Alabama, yes. Florida State and Ole Miss would be close to pick 'em. Auburn, maybe favored by 1. The spreads would be very small, much like OBK's sorry excuse for a penis.

Alabama 59
    Texas A&m 0

This thread is so full of gay poasts that I'm going to get tested for AIDS after I read it. Texas A & M is complete shit this year, in case you haven't been following college football.
    A&M would finish in the top half of the Pac-12 North

Mosster47 said:

DingaLing said:

Alabama 59
    Texas A&m 0

The cuogs could be this year's A&M team.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,641 Founders Club

Mosster47 said:

DingaLing said:

Alabama 59
    Texas A&m 0

A&M would finish in the top half of win the Pac-12 North
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309

Mosster47 said:

DingaLing said:

Alabama 59
    Texas A&m 0

We wouldn't beat Portland St. 59-0, let alone Texam A&M, HTH

Mosster47 said:

DingaLing said:

Alabama 59
    Texas A&m 0

The Coogs couldn't beat Rutgers or Nevada.

Mosster47 said:

DingaLing said:

Alabama 59
    Texas A&m 0

or Kal

Mosster47 said:

DingaLing said:

Alabama 59
    Texas A&m 0

This doesn't even deserve a response.

Mosster47 said:

DingaLing said:

Alabama 59
    Texas A&m 0

A&M would finish in the top half of win the Pac-12 North
    Fitting that the gayest poast on the thread comes from someone with AIDS.

Mosster47 said:

DingaLing said:

Alabama 59
    Texas A&m 0

We wouldn't beat Portland St. 59-0, let alone Texam A&M, HTH
    You should become a fucking beaver.
    Someone is over compensating
    Time to poke some holes in the rotten premise that the SEC West is so much better than everyone else. They are currently the best, but it's far from overwhelming. Old Piss was garbage last year. They didn't suddenly become good this year. They're living off the rep of a two time champion Bama team that no longer exists, and that isn't even the current defending champion. Forced Sex U is. The current Bama team will prove itself to be overrated when it all plays out. You can cook that shit however you like, but you will be eating it one way or the other. Bama barely beat one of the worst teams in the country, Arkansas, by 1 point. Arkansas has 0 wins in SEC conference play. They beat up on a Texas A & M team that is nearly as bad. Beating up on garbage doesn't reveal much about a team. Almost losing to garbage does.

Old Piss lost to LSU at LSU. LSU was on the verge of being unranked. And piss will always be piss. The rebels will lose again, and maybe again, and be out of the playoff brackets regardless. LSU has a terrible QB. Their run game is great and their defense is improving, but they will end up in some nondescript bowel that no one cares about at the end of the season. Only Auburn and Miss St. are looking good so far. And of course all of these SEC teams will be playing their token cupcake late season games to pad their records and give themselves a breather. Last time I checked the PAC 12 doesn't do that shit.
    Old Piss? What are you, 12?
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,518 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2014
    ^this fucking guy

Race got me by 53 secs
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,985 Founders Club

Mosster47 said:

DingaLing said:

Alabama 59
    Texas A&m 0

You should probably get your AIDS treated anyways.

ROLE TIDE!
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    edited October 2014

Mosster47 said:

DingaLing said:

Alabama 59
    Texas A&m 0

or Kal
    Do you even watch college football? No, you don't or you would know Rutgers plays in the BIG 10 and went to a bowl game last year and recruits kids from New Jersey and Nevada at home is TUFF and they played at altitude and Friday night and the refs screwed them

...and you can't expect to win at Safeco Field, that place is a morgue

... and Connor Holliday threw for 400 yards.

• KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,849
    Tequilla said:

TCU >>> Oregon

Oregon may be buying players out of Texas, but they aren't buying the best players in the state.

Big 12 bias!!!!!