Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

OFFICIAL World Series Game 7 OFFICIAL Game thread

2»

Comments

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

BayDawg said:

BayDawg said:

Many outside of this board do care about game 7 of the world series, and this is an all-time performance by Baumgartner.

Baseball's popularity has been plummeting for years. Fact. It was an all time performance, but with football season going and NBA with LeBron on the Cavs starting up, this will be mostly forgotten by the weekend.
    I agree that baseball is definitely losing its popularity. But, the World Series is still a major event and there are still lots of baseball fans. And any baseball fan that was lucky enough to see what Baumgartner did tonight and all during this world series will never forget it, let alone by this weekend.
    You would wtf that Boobs... Listen I respect you and what you stand for. We're all on the same team here. With that being said, go fuck yourself.
    It's a great story for baseball fans, yet 80% of all sports fans will have forgotten about it by next week. That is baseball's problem.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

BayDawg said:

BayDawg said:

Many outside of this board do care about game 7 of the world series, and this is an all-time performance by Baumgartner.

Baseball's popularity has been plummeting for years. Fact. It was an all time performance, but with football season going and NBA with LeBron on the Cavs starting up, this will be mostly forgotten by the weekend.
    I agree that baseball is definitely losing its popularity. But, the World Series is still a major event and there are still lots of baseball fans. And any baseball fan that was lucky enough to see what Baumgartner did tonight and all during this world series will never forget it, let alone by this weekend.
    You would wtf that Boobs... Listen I respect you and what you stand for. We're all on the same team here. With that being said, go fuck yourself.
    It's a great story for baseball fans, yet 80% of all sports fans will have forgotten about it by next week. That is baseball's problem.
    Being a baseball fan it is hard to argue with this. It's become a regional sport
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,728
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    CanardCanard Member Posts: 504
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dhdawg said:

BayDawg said:

BayDawg said:

Being a baseball fan it is hard to argue with this. It's become a regional sport
    It has always been a regional sport.

Baseball still featured more offense (game 6) than the huskies showed last week.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,067
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Canard said:

dhdawg said:

BayDawg said:

BayDawg said:

It has always been a regional sport.

Baseball still featured more offense (game 6) than the huskies showed last week.
    Now you're just being hurtful.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Who won?

Madison Bumgarner
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,898
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    It used to be a big deal. I remember watching the'86 WS with my two dads and brothers. The 90s Braves and Yankees teams had the spotlight. Now I watched the fucking Bulls and Knicks and Seinfelds I'd seen 7 times almost as much. They aren't marketing it right or something. Also, it used to be MERICANS playin.'
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,476

Who won?

Everyone who doesn't watch baseball
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,742
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

It used to be a big deal. I remember watching the'86 WS with my two dads and brothers. The 90s Braves and Yankees teams had the spotlight. Now I watched the fucking Bulls and Knicks and Seinfelds I'd seen 7 times almost as much. They aren't marketing it right or something. Also, it used to be MERICANS playin.'

Games are too long and the pace of play is excruciating now. I'm a huge baseball fan and it's even brutal for me, so I can imagine casual viewers not gaf. The game needs big changes and hopefully they'll start to address it once Selig crawls away. That guy has been murder on baseball.
  • Options
    SpoonieLuvSpoonieLuv Member Posts: 5,438
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Who won?

Madison Bumgarner
    The same Madison Bumgarner avant-garde transexual trash sculpturalist?
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Who won?

Madison Bumgarner
    The same Madison Bumgarner avant-garde transexual trash sculpturalist?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2iKAPSJExs