Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Wow just wow - The times is a dumpster fire

jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,606
5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
Standard Supporter
Independent/ middle, he knew about Tyrone before anyone else....

Even compensating for a first year head coach introducing a new system, it is pretty clear:

THIS TEAM IS EXTREMELY POORLY COACHED.

I was one of the first to say Tyrone Willingham was a bad coach. I don't know yet if Petersen is as bad a coach, but I do know that this Husky team is not well coached.

As we saw, the offense is terrible. The special teams are terrible. The play calling is terrible. Basic skills, like tackling, are non-existent. On defense, Peterson will not likely get this level of talent again: Shaq, Shelton, Kikaha, Peters, Feeny, both Hudsons, Timu. This talent was wasted. If I were these players, I would be furious with the terrible coaching they have received this year.

We are absolutely not getting good coaching. Instead, we are getting unbelievably lame excuses. The weather? He is publicly blaming the weather? Even Willingham never blamed the weather. Also, I am not crazy about how Petersen always blames the players and implies that it is their fault, then tries to cover it up by saying a quick, "It's on me." You're damn right it is on you. We need to start focusing on him and he needs to start accepting the blame for his many dreadful and stupid specific moves instead of glossing it over with a blanket cover statement. For example, Troy Williams should not get any of the blame for last Saturday because the coaching staff put him in a situation he was not ready for.

This staff is *lazy*. When Petersen first arrived in December, I was surprised at how slow he moved and how lackadaisical he was. That slow pace has continued. I think this staff had it too easy at Boise St and lacks the intensity and hunger of other Pac-12 and major conference coaching staffs.

There was a lot of arrogance when the staff first came in, dismissing Justin Wilcox, Tosh Lupoi and Marques Tuiasosopo, great young coaches and recruiters who could have really helped this program. Wilcox and Lupoi built a great front-seven and did an amazing job developing the players. At the very least, the team would have been able to tackle if they had stayed. There is no way Peterson's staff can even come close to the level of recruiting of those assistant coaches.

Except for maybe Jake Browning, the recruiting is not as nearly good as it was with Sarkisian. The defense will be much less talented than it is now. With the dreadful performance of this year's team, the honeymoon period will end and we will start losing local stars and other major recruits.

The statement about favoring "our kind of guys" was unfortunate at best. Every African-American player from the inner-city -- the type of guys that were not present at Boise St -- has to wonder what that means.

Petersen went to great lengths to show everyone he was a tough guy, especially when it came to players who he perceived were not his kind of guys. The treatment of Stringfellow, Miles and Peters has been unreasonably severe. That kind of Woody Hayes treatment was recognized as unproductive and went out the window more than twenty years ago. The players needed a significant amount of discipline, but the lengths Petersen went to was uncalled for and bush-league. It will be much more difficult to recruit African American players (i.e. 80% of the four and five star players) who are not sure if they fit the Boise State mold Petersen is looking for and wonder if they will be subject to the same unreasonable discipline experienced by other players of their ilk.

This will be like Tyrone Willingham all over again. There will a lot of denial and a lot of animosity towards those who are willing to open their eyes and view the situation realistically. There will be no fixes until it is too late.

The saddest part is that the Huskies will be mediocre at best for the next several years.

Comments

• Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    I wasn't aware Kim Grinolds posts in the ST comments section
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Holy fuck that was retarded. I'm stupider for reading it.
  • Options
    Purple_PillsPurple_Pills Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,819
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    This thread title is confusing because you can only classify a dumpster fire as being a Seattle Times is when it is colossally epic.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,861
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
  • Options
    AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,960
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Ha ha. That was funny. I particularly loved the comments re: tackling and being lazy in December. That was some good shtick. I half expected 5 reasons to show up.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    RoadDawg, true!!?!1
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,451
    So is he trying to say Sark wasn't lazy and was a good coach?

WTF
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    wait, we're only going to start losing local star recruits now? Hahahaha.
  • Options
    CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    jecornel said:

Even compensating for a first year head coach introducing a new system, it is pretty clear:

I was one of the first to say Tyrone Willingham was a bad coach. I don't know yet if Petersen is as bad a coach, but I do know that this Husky team is not well coached.

As we saw, the offense is terrible. The special teams are terrible. The play calling is terrible. Basic skills, like tackling, are non-existent. On defense, Peterson will not likely get this level of talent again: Shaq, Shelton, Kikaha, Peters, Feeny, both Hudsons, Timu. This talent was wasted. If I were these players, I would be furious with the terrible coaching they have received this year.

We are absolutely not getting good coaching. Instead, we are getting unbelievably lame excuses. The weather? He is publicly blaming the weather? Even Willingham never blamed the weather. Also, I am not crazy about how Petersen always blames the players and implies that it is their fault, then tries to cover it up by saying a quick, "It's on me." You're damn right it is on you. We need to start focusing on him and he needs to start accepting the blame for his many dreadful and stupid specific moves instead of glossing it over with a blanket cover statement. For example, Troy Williams should not get any of the blame for last Saturday because the coaching staff put him in a situation he was not ready for.

This staff is *lazy*. When Petersen first arrived in December, I was surprised at how slow he moved and how lackadaisical he was. That slow pace has continued. I think this staff had it too easy at Boise St and lacks the intensity and hunger of other Pac-12 and major conference coaching staffs.

There was a lot of arrogance when the staff first came in, dismissing Justin Wilcox, Tosh Lupoi and Marques Tuiasosopo, great young coaches and recruiters who could have really helped this program. Wilcox and Lupoi built a great front-seven and did an amazing job developing the players. At the very least, the team would have been able to tackle if they had stayed. There is no way Peterson's staff can even come close to the level of recruiting of those assistant coaches.

Except for maybe Jake Browning, the recruiting is not as nearly good as it was with Sarkisian. The defense will be much less talented than it is now. With the dreadful performance of this year's team, the honeymoon period will end and we will start losing local stars and other major recruits.

The statement about favoring "our kind of guys" was unfortunate at best. Every African-American player from the inner-city -- the type of guys that were not present at Boise St -- has to wonder what that means.

Petersen went to great lengths to show everyone he was a tough guy, especially when it came to players who he perceived were not his kind of guys. The treatment of Stringfellow, Miles and Peters has been unreasonably severe. That kind of Woody Hayes treatment was recognized as unproductive and went out the window more than twenty years ago. The players needed a significant amount of discipline, but the lengths Petersen went to was uncalled for and bush-league. It will be much more difficult to recruit African American players (i.e. 80% of the four and five star players) who are not sure if they fit the Boise State mold Petersen is looking for and wonder if they will be subject to the same unreasonable discipline experienced by other players of their ilk.

This will be like Tyrone Willingham all over again. There will a lot of denial and a lot of animosity towards those who are willing to open their eyes and view the situation realistically. There will be no fixes until it is too late.

The saddest part is that the Huskies will be mediocre at best for the next several years.

jecornel said:

tl, dr

and ray-siss
  • Options
    no_uhno_uh Member Posts: 760
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Well, that was one of the more wtf pieces of literature I've read on this site in a while.
  • Options
    CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    "Even Willingham never blamed the weather"

Jeezus.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,451
    CaptainPJ said:

"Even Willingham never blamed the weather"

Jeezus.

Someone never saw Willingham try to golf in the Seattle area.
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited October 2014
    this fucker learned the importance of how-to-move-fast-in-December-to-capitalize-on-recruiting technique from Sark.
  • Options
    DingaLingDingaLing Member Posts: 66
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    If you can't see how much better the downfield blocking on INT returns has been lately, I cannot help you. Coaching, plain and simple.
  • Options
    SteveInSheltonSteveInShelton Member Posts: 1,611
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    I thought the part about how our coaching sucks but he didnt say Peterman is a bad coach was a pretty good whoosh.
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Shut the fuck your hole cornel. Do you notice shelton making sideline to sideline tackles Timu should be making? Timu and our linebackers arefucking horrible. The offense stinks because Sark didnt leave a seasoned upperclassman at Qb for starters.

I said 8-5 for a reason and your delusional ass didn t listen. Now back to kimmy's corral with u
  • Options
    We are 2-3 years away. Get the fuck used to it and support the coach.
  • Options
    Puppy always hits .800 Dont know what the fuck u flappin about dickhead
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,606
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    edited October 2014

Shut the fuck your hole cornel. Do you notice shelton making sideline to sideline tackles Timu should be making? Timu and our linebackers arefucking horrible. The offense stinks because Sark didnt leave a seasoned upperclassman at Qb for starters.

I said 8-5 for a reason and your delusional ass didn t listen. Now back to kimmy's corral with u

I didn't write it. It is a poster from the seattle Times....Independent/middle wrote it.

I was only sharing it.

Hence the post title.......seattle times is a dumpster fire.