Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Nutt, Koetter, Hawkins, Peterman...

priapismpriapism Member Posts: 2,036
5 Up Votes First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
Boise State Legends.

Comments

• Options
    CanardCanard Member Posts: 504
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    The fish rots from the head.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,613
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Maybe Sark ass fucking Peterman last year was an omen...

This offense is about on par with that dreckfest BY offense...
  • Options
    priapismpriapism Member Posts: 2,036
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    I advised Peterman in a PM to get the fuck out of BSU after going 8-5 last year...
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,613
    Founders Club

Jesus Christ

Nothing about this staff is inspiring any confidence in me right now...
  • Options
    section8section8 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,581
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Jurys out on Peterman but fuck Jonathan Smith and his bullshit play calling, fuck you Sark for shitty recruiting and fuck you Larry Scott for making me watch this shit in a hurricane.
  • Options
    beelzebubbeelzebub Member Posts: 361
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Testing 1 5 Up Votes
    U r truly king of petersen ass kissers cunt. Asu looked somuch better on offense than Huskies.
  • Options
    CanardCanard Member Posts: 504
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    You can't take a pile of shit and turn it into a delicious sandwich no matter how good of a coach you are.
    Chip did it with Masoli. You guys are paying Chip type money to a guy desperately turning over a compost pile instead just accepting he has shit to work with and molding something out of it.

With every fail, peenerman' true legend is looking more and more like "lucked into Kellen Moore for four years."
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Canard said:

You can't take a pile of shit and turn it into a delicious sandwich no matter how good of a coach you are.
    Chip did it with Masoli. You guys are paying Chip type money to a guy desperately turning over a compost pile instead just accepting he has shit to work with and molding something out of it.

With every fail, peenerman' true legend is looking more and more like "lucked into Boise State for eight years."

• Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,898
    Founders Club

dhdawg said:

Jesus Christ

I like you cunt but you would be roasting sark right now. Why does Petersen get different treatment?
    LIFPO. I am pissed too and Petersen doesn't get a free pass... But holy hell people saying shit like Sark would be better or Petersen isn't guy after 8 games is fucking stupid.

There are plenty of examples of coaches who don't have a great first year or two and then get a team on the right path.

There is no talent on this offense. You can take a pile of shit and turn it into a delicious sandwich no matter how good of a coach you are. Every group on offense is below average at the very best but most down right fucking blow. Are we also going to ignore the shitty weather conditions making our already terrible offense even more limited? ASU wasn't there usual selves tonight either because of that.

I understand emotions are high and a lot of alcohol is probably involved but LIFPO. No one has any idea what we have yet. Peterman could very well be trying to get one last pay day but we won't know after 8 games.
    Those are valid reasons, but with every Petersen loss or fuck up, new excuses/reasons are made. It's subjective, but if Bercovici started ASU might have won rather easily. Kelly hadn't played in awhile and probably has some lingering affects from his injury. There is no doubt weather played a factor. The other difference is we have a good defense, with legitimate stars. ASU does not. ASU punted fine all night, UW looked like a Pee Wee team trying to punt.

The narrative is changing every week. Non conference scrimmages don't matter, can't expect to play good defense with freshmen in the secondary, Miles is the reason the offense sucks, we only have four good players on defense, the entire offense is a dreckfest and it's Sark's fault. At some point, it's on the coach. Improvement as the season goes along should be expected. Every player on offense has gotten worse with the exception of Ross. The arrow was pointing down at Boise State too. I truly believe Petersen is at a crossroad in his career. It happens to coaches. The best ones figure it out. He has no offensive system.

The scheme is a fucking mess and it's not all on the QB. We don't huddle, but we don't play fast either. Last night was our best rushing performance of the conference season. It's easy to look good with Kellen Moore or another stud at QB. He promoted a QB coach from bad Boise State teams to be his OC. His team scored 6 points against Sark and Wilcox in Husky Stadium last year. It goes beyond this season.
    You're a really good poster Rdawg but you're going overboard and exaggerating here. He had Moore for three years? He had that Pollock before him. He didn't just happen into these guys. He developed them and many others.

The Huskies qbs are WAC level. At best. The rbs might be Colorado/Kansas/Iowa State level. Not that much of that is on Pete.

If he cans Smith, I'm fine with it. Sometimes coaches are FS and too loyal. But if they had ok talent, this discussion wouldn't exist..
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

dhdawg said:

Jesus Christ

I like you cunt but you would be roasting sark right now. Why does Petersen get different treatment?
    LIFPO. I am pissed too and Petersen doesn't get a free pass... But holy hell people saying shit like Sark would be better or Petersen isn't guy after 8 games is fucking stupid.

There are plenty of examples of coaches who don't have a great first year or two and then get a team on the right path.

There is no talent on this offense. You can take a pile of shit and turn it into a delicious sandwich no matter how good of a coach you are. Every group on offense is below average at the very best but most down right fucking blow. Are we also going to ignore the shitty weather conditions making our already terrible offense even more limited? ASU wasn't there usual selves tonight either because of that.

I understand emotions are high and a lot of alcohol is probably involved but LIFPO. No one has any idea what we have yet. Peterman could very well be trying to get one last pay day but we won't know after 8 games.
    Those are valid reasons, but with every Petersen loss or fuck up, new excuses/reasons are made. It's subjective, but if Bercovici started ASU might have won rather easily. Kelly hadn't played in awhile and probably has some lingering affects from his injury. There is no doubt weather played a factor. The other difference is we have a good defense, with legitimate stars. ASU does not. ASU punted fine all night, UW looked like a Pee Wee team trying to punt.

The narrative is changing every week. Non conference scrimmages don't matter, can't expect to play good defense with freshmen in the secondary, Miles is the reason the offense sucks, we only have four good players on defense, the entire offense is a dreckfest and it's Sark's fault. At some point, it's on the coach. Improvement as the season goes along should be expected. Every player on offense has gotten worse with the exception of Ross. The arrow was pointing down at Boise State too. I truly believe Petersen is at a crossroad in his career. It happens to coaches. The best ones figure it out. He has no offensive system.

The scheme is a fucking mess and it's not all on the QB. We don't huddle, but we don't play fast either. Last night was our best rushing performance of the conference season. It's easy to look good with Kellen Moore or another stud at QB. He promoted a QB coach from bad Boise State teams to be his OC. His team scored 6 points against Sark and Wilcox in Husky Stadium last year. It goes beyond this season.
    You're a really good poster Rdawg but you're going overboard and exaggerating here. He had Moore for three years? He had that Pollock before him. He didn't just happen into these guys. He developed them and many others.

The Huskies qbs are WAC level. At best. The rbs might be Colorado/Kansas/Iowa State level. Not that much of that is on Pete.

If he cans Smith, I'm fine with it. Sometimes coaches are FS and too loyal. But if they had ok talent, this discussion wouldn't exist..
    Okay, so none of this is on Peterman? I was saying the offensive talent sucked since Stanford, but most insisted it was Miles. It should be better than 12th. It's not even a debate. He's in charge. If we were 8th or 9th best, we would be 7-1 right now. 10 points against Stanford and ASU and steady regression so far. Fucktarded scheme, horrible execution, it's a fucking mess. We had a better offense in 2012 with 4 starting OL out for the year. Nobody made any fucking excuses about that. Win or GTFO. I like Petersen, but too many excuses are being made for him.
    I'm not making excuses.

I am dealing in reality. He gets 3 years, I am not going to freak out until I see a body of work at Washington that fully has his fingerprints on it.

The secondary is much better than any of us thought it would be. The big 4 on defense are playing to expectation ... and the mother fucker landed Baker after he committed to Oregon.

If he had been hired to replace Chip Kelly or Kiffen we would all be pissed we missed out on him as he kicked ass with top tier talent.

His existing top tier talent is performing (minus Oregon) and getting better every week.

Past performance is not a pass for current execution. However, it does buy him the right to go more than 8 games before a bunch of half-brains give him advice on how to coach.
  • Options
    VegasdawgVegasdawg Member Posts: 370
    First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    I disagree with most of these posts. Peterman didn't suddenly forget how to coach a team. He was handed a bag of shit team and we bought in that it was great. Not once has he ever said the team was great, what he has said is the team is a work in progress. This is not going to be a short term rebuild from what i see.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    The line during the "pre-season" portion of the schedule was that Coach K-What was in way over his head and needed to be run out of town. In 4 conference games, the defense has put 3 strong performances up and a game against Oregon where they simply failed to execute some basic opportunities (which sometimes happens). True frosh have clearly developed in the secondary.

There's some things with the scheme that I absolutely agree with from the standpoint of questioning. I also think that there's a lot of trying to put band aids on some of the problems to hide and mask our limitations. Let's be honest on the offensive side of the ball:

QB: I think that you could definitely argue that you'd like to see a few more games from Williams. Miles and Lindy do not have the makings of average (or better) PAC QBs. I would definitely lean towards saying that next year's starting QB hasn't made a start for this season.

RB: Washington lacks nuance of the position ... Coleman may have more of the nuance but lacks the speed/quickness that you'd like out of the position. Cooper probably needs more carries. There's not a single RB on the roster right now that you look at and think that they even have a shot at playing in the NFL.

WR: Mickens is a 3rd or 4th WR on a good team. Everybody talks about how Ross needs more touches but nobody talks about HOW to get him more touches. And when you think about how you can vary Ross getting touches, are the QBs able to get him the ball in those situations? Kasen's clearly not right with his foot. In reality, this isn't a very good unit either.

TE: Perkins is probably more of a big WR than a TE ... we're not getting anything out of this positional grouping.

OL: It's a unit that more or less is an average unit from a recruiting standpoint and plays as such. Disappointing when you consider that the state that has produced the most NFL OL is California ... so the myth that you can't recruit quality line play on the West Coast isn't there.